Unlanded Characters Earn Lifestyle XP?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's the thought process around not letting unlanded characters have a lifestyle?
Performance, I'd wager. Having lifestyle events pop for unlanded characters would be a major performance hit, and many of those events make little sense for unlanded characters too. Moreover, most of the perks are useless for landless characters, so should they only go for perks that they could use? What if they then become landed?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Performance, I'd wager. Having lifestyle events pop for unlanded characters would be a major performance hit, and many of those events make little sense for unlanded characters too. Moreover, most of the perks are useless for landless characters, so should they only go for perks that they could use? What if they then become landed?
I could see that, though I'd suggest that unlanded characters that belong to a house should still get it, in case they become landed. Just skip the events, maybe.

I could see that, though I'd suggest that unlanded characters that belong to a house should still get it, in case they become landed. Just skip the events, maybe.
In case they get landed, they get perks according to age. Would it be worth the performance cost to have the game track their passive xp gain with modifiers instead? I doubt it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Do’h! He might have been if it defaults it to heir. Either case, the Emir’s Sulyan arrested him and then stripped his titles so now I’m playing as the heir.
mostly the regent is of your close family or a strong vassal, in the regent window you can see the weights why your regent is your regent