• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not as powerful, lacks an SD card reader I think. The G7 is definitely better.
Sd card reader? How often do you use that? And if there really emerges a case u can still use the a usb cars reader so thats a moot point.
The g7 isnt really more powerful either. I reccomend lenovo i myself play on a y70 and do not regrett it...ultimately they are blth good machines for their purpose i guess

I’ve been playing on desktop for more than 5 years. Recently I got a laptop that on paper much stronger than my desktop.

1. I feel game run smoother on my desktop
2. All PDX games are unplayable because UI is too small on laptop
3. Laptop keyboard is so uncomfortable for gaming.
4. For gaming, you can’t use laptop without power charging

Reactions:
I’ve been playing on desktop for more than 5 years. Recently I got a laptop that on paper much stronger than my desktop.

1. I feel game run smoother on my desktop
2. All PDX games are unplayable because UI is too small on laptop
3. Laptop keyboard is so uncomfortable for gaming.
4. For gaming, you can’t use laptop without power charging
Ii have a lenovo with faster cpu and slightly better gpu than my desktop, desktop is 8 yrs old. All games run smother there and i never noticed the keyboard to be more unconfortable but i guess your mileage may vary bit since op wants sth for university too a laptoo is a good fit. And you can definitly play on lenovo laptops.

There is a feature with lenovo laptops (others surely as well) to sustain batterylife and to hold the charge between 50-60% at all times when plugged in and it works like charm. My battery capacity has dropped in 3 yrs only 5% while being heavy used and alway plugged in.

So...yeah i would say laptop is a valid approach if you need sth portable too. Can you get a better desktop for lesser money? Sure but thats not the question asked

Well fair enough but that can still be accomplished wit an usb card reader...so its hardly an argument for buying a laptop

Well so long as you're cool with easily misplaced dongles.

I'm not. If I'm going to get a laptop I'd prefer built-in functionality. Especially when you have a choice between two laptops in the same price point.

How everything is complicated here.... But thanks for such topics, the problems are resolved rather quickly.
Uh, why did you post here? This thread has been dead for about 4 years (joshuagiardina247 shouldn't have posted either).

This is a clear necro and really bad form.