• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah. I've just realised i was using an old version of the mod launcher. I've updated and they all seem to be working. One minor fix, the file name for the byzantine west sprite is missing a space. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that. :)
At some point, I meant to ask you which version of the ModLauncher you were using but then I forgot.
Anyway, like I said the ModLauncher isn't really needed as the files will not overwrite anything in the vanilla Gfx folder the way I renamed them.

The Swert said:
One minor fix, the file name for the byzantine west sprite is missing a space.
And the byzantine "stand" has twice L-1. I'll fix that and reupload the files though I'll probably wait a couple of days to see if anyone spots other mistakes.

Last edited:
cool-toxic said:
I did ask in the thread but none responded except other members and it's from their own product to their own product. ;) We don't make money on their sprites so I can't see the problem. :)

It's not about money. It's about you guys giving people who have EU2 some stuff for free that comes with another copyrighted game, CK - which people may not necessarily own.

I've seen other companies react to this kind of thing in the past, though maybe Paradox is more easy going about it. Still, I would personally have asked them through a PM. But eh, your call. :)

Since I uploaded the modified units here on the Paradox Forums, the attachment had to be validated by a moderator at some point. I guess I would have heard from him if there had been any problem, it's not as if we have been hiding or anything.

I assume this means I have to remove the units from my mod as well then?
Quite a kick in the stomach.

I have removed the links, of course. I hope that this still allows you to post the Photoshop actions (for the ships ;)), so that those who do own CK can convert them for their own games.

Too bad that these units won't be used in any mod. :(

Third Angel said:
Anyway, like I said the ModLauncher isn't really needed as the files will not overwrite anything in the vanilla Gfx folder the way I renamed them.
It's a bit old post, but I noticed it now. ^__^

ModLauncher doesn't overwrite any vanilla sprite. The point of the thing is, that the game doesn't need the country, action, level or dirrection modifiers in filename in a specific order, however, it'll prefer one of the files over another when loading.

So if you use for example tag U00 sprite like this:
T-ARMY C-U00 A-STAND L-1 D-NW.spr

and another mod will use the same country tag sprite like this:
T-ARMY C-U00 A-STAND D-NW L-1.spr

Then one of the mods will be showed up with correct sprite, while the other with the sprite of its collegue.
I don't know now which sprite will be preffered by game engine.

cool-toxic said:
Johan just answered, "sorry, not possible really."

So we better take down the links. If I understood it correct he cannot allow us to do this. I'll take away my links. Third Angel you better do this aswell.

It's funny how Paradox pushes its community to underground :rolleyes: Great PR. :eek:

Too bad I can't find it now. When I was beginning on this forum, there was somewhere a sticky thread about rules of uploading, containing a paragraph about copyright.

IIRC, there has been written something in this meaning:
1) You can't use in your mod something made by somebody else without his permission...
2) ...except of things from other games from Paradox Entertainment

I'm sure (well, just 99% :rofl: ) I read there that special exclusion about Paradox games.
However, whole the sticky prohibiting from uploading copyrighted things is now..... nowhere.... :confused:

Too bad I can't find it now. When I was beginning on this forum, there was somewhere a sticky thread about rules of uploading, containing a paragraph about copyright.

IIRC, there has been written something in this meaning:
1) You can't use in your mod something made by somebody else without his permission...
2) ...except of things from other games from Paradox Entertainment

I'm sure (well, just 99% :rofl: ) I read there that special exclusion about Paradox games.
However, whole the sticky prohibiting from uploading copyrighted things is now..... nowhere.... :confused:
I think I just found what you're referring to, it's not in a sticky but part of the Rules, point twelve:
12. You will not post material (including text, images, graphics or other artwork) unless:

1. the copyright is owned by you, and/or
2. the copyright is owned by Paradox, and/or
3. the material is not in violation of any NDA (non-disclosure agreement) that you may have signed, and/or
4. you have the expressed permission of the copyright holder to do so, and/or
5. you fully attribute the holder of the copyrighted material.
So now I can't see what was Johan's problem with our sprites, unless maybe he misunderstood what we were doing.
I think I will try to PM him again about it, when the time comes to release my scenario.

All links for the units are dead ! someone can gives us news links ?
please ! i'm looking for new units for my game since one year and everytimes, the links are dead.
this units still exist for papal states, hungary, milan and the other ?