• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cool-toxic, now that this is done, how about making actions to convert the ship sprites. The battle and sinking phases might be a problem since they do not exist in CK, but do you think it could be done? :)

I've been trying these out and I can only get cool-toxic's units to work.

I noticed that Third Angel's units had "L-X" in the .spr filenames whilst cool-toxic had "L-1" so i tried changing them for byzantium and england to see if it did anything. The byzantine 'STAND' gfx worked but none of the others did.

Last edited:
cool-toxic said:
Try changing the TAG's position with the level. :)

so its says:
T-ARMY L-1 A-STAND C-BYZ.spr

instead of:
T-ARMY C-BYZ A-STAND L-1.spr?

That didn't work.

The Swert said:
I've been trying these out and I can only get cool-toxic's units to work.

I noticed that Third Angel's units had "L-X" in the .spr filenames whilst cool-toxic had "L-1" so i tried changing them for byzantium and england to see if it did anything. The byzantine 'STAND' gfx worked but none of the others did.
That sounds weird because I use them for a medieval mod of my own, which is nowhere near advanced as yours, and they do work fine for me. I even renamed cool-toxic's ones to look like mine.

Maybe the files all have to be named according to the same format. :confused:

The Swert said:
cool-toxic said:
Try changing the TAG's position with the level. :)
so its says:
T-ARMY L-1 A-STAND C-BYZ.spr

instead of:
T-ARMY C-BYZ A-STAND L-1.spr?

That didn't work.
No, I think the problem may rather lie with direction and level. That would explain why STAND sprites work, they have no direction.

Cool-toxic's:
Code:
T-ARMY C-KNI A-WALK D-NW L-1
Mine:
Code:
T-ARMY C-CAS A-WALK L-X D-NW

cool-toxic said:
Well I can make actions so that the original sprites can be used in EU2. ;) If you use the SW and NE WALK sprites for the FIRE. ;) And for sink well you can just use the normal STAND. :)

I'll work on the actions in my reading holiday. :D
So, how was the holiday? ;)

Last edited:
Reversing the direction/level worked for the C-BYZ. For C-ENG i realised i just didn't have it setup in country.csv so it wasn't being used, it didn't need the reversal. Although only the northeast C-ENG FIRE works not the southwest. The C-FRA doesn't work either way except for STAND.

Btw, how do you get the catapult siege sprite to work, does it have a palette?

Ok here's my progress. Some files had to be named level then direction others were direction then level. It's a real mess.

tag: --- status:
ABB --- works perfectly
BYZ --- works perfectly
NOR --- creates a tiny image in bottom right underneath unit size
CAS --- creates a tiny image in bottom right underneath unit size
HUN --- creates a tiny image in bottom right underneath unit size
ENG --- works except for FIRE
FRA --- works except for WALK
EIR --- works perfectly
GER --- doesn't work at all
ITA --- doesn't work at all

I haven't tried the rest yet. Without knowing too much about how these sprites work it seems to me as though NOR, CAS and HUN have a palette problem or something. Any ideas? Could you try re-uploading your ones that work Third Angel.

The Swert, I think something may somehow have gone wrong with your install.
First of all, the files I uploaded are the ones I am using and they work perfectly for me; then, there has been more than thirty hits in the download thread and no one else but you has reported this problem; last of all, looking at the vanilla files it seems that the direction/level order has no importance at all.
Code:
T-ARMY C-ENG A-WALK D-E L-3
T-ARMY C-ENG A-WALK L-1 D-E
That said, I am in the process of renaming all of my files because, once copied into the vanilla folder by KaRei's modlauncher, they take precedence over the vanilla sprites using the same tags (not that I play vanilla anymore but they are also used by AGCEEP). The modlauncher should make backup copies but it doesn't since they are not named the same.
I don't know if any of this makes sense to you but when I am done, I may reupload them if you have not solved your problem by then.

It sounds pretty reasonable that it could be an installation problem because my EU2 CD is screwed. The last install i did i lost some songs and some vanilla scenario inc files so i can no longer play vanilla. I didn't think any gfx were lost but I have noticed that the vanilla build army sprite doesn't work either.

The trouble is i'll have no way of knowing if it works for the people downloading my mod.

Well i managed to get my CD working after about a year of it not working. yay! So i did a completely separate install and the units work on there so there must be something wrong with my install or else, like you were saying, it's something wrong with the Mod Launcher.

Edit: It's not the Mod Launcher, i just trying running it as a proper Moddir and it didn't work. I then just tried running my mod as a separate install, not moddir, and it the units worked. So it is something in the moddir process.

Last edited:
Units are not supported by moddir so it's normal that they don't work. They will work only with the ModLauncher, or you'd have to put them directly into the vanilla Gfx folder.

Now, since you say that it works with a separate install, I am glad to learn that the files I uploaded are indeed working, but I can't see what the problem is.

I am still in the process of renaming the files, but that is not so high on my priority list.

The Swert said:
Well i managed to get my CD working after about a year of it not working. yay! So i did a completely separate install and the units work on there so there must be something wrong with my install or else, like you were saying, it's something wrong with the Mod Launcher.

Edit: It's not the Mod Launcher, i just trying running it as a proper Moddir and it didn't work. I then just tried running my mod as a separate install, not moddir, and it the units worked. So it is something in the moddir process.

why not simply use karei's mod launcher?

Blaster said:
why not simply use karei's mod launcher?

It doesn't work with karei's mod launcher. That's the whole problem.

I just uploaded the sprites again.

They are renamed from U00 to U12, which are unused in vanilla and most of the mods I am aware of. They shouldn't cause any problem, and can even be put directly into the vanilla folder.

All CK sprites are here except for the three Knights' Orders which I do not use at the moment.

Thanks for that i'll see if they work. Oh and yeh, i was going to ask, is there any "southslavic" sprite? What does CK use for Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria etc?