• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cool-toxic

Alexander
25 Badges
Jun 25, 2004
www.eu2ftg.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Tutorial to change CK units into EU2 units

ckeu2unitkj9.png

These actions work with Adobe Photoshop and converts the CK unit into a EU2 unit.
1) Find the unit you want to convert.

2) First find the bmp files they are located in GFX\Map\Units\bmp.

3) I'll show how to do this with Celtic unit but this works with any other unit. So if you got turkish unit then it's called C-turkish instead.
Find the bmps called :

T-ARMY C-celtic A-FIRE v-4 D-N
T-ARMY C-celtic A-FIRE v-4 D-S
T-ARMY C-celtic A-IDLE v-1
T-ARMY C-celtic A-WALK D-E
T-ARMY C-celtic A-WALK D-N
T-ARMY C-celtic A-WALK D-NE
T-ARMY C-celtic A-WALK D-NW
T-ARMY C-celtic A-WALK D-S
T-ARMY C-celtic A-WALK D-SE
T-ARMY C-celtic A-WALK D-SW
T-ARMY C-celtic A-WALK D-W

4) ATTENTOIN, make sure that all the files are not writing defended.

5) Now copy them to your desktop, open them all with Photoshop and run the right actions on them the actions are named IDLE, WALK, and FIRE(There's also a number * a number that shows the size of the image but if you just copy the right files that shouldn't be a problem. ;)) so that should be easy to figure out. Then you run the two different FIRE actions that are called "Run Last", run them on the right fire units. (Again easy cause they are named N and S at last so are the actions) When the actions are done then save the units.

6)Copy them to GFX\Map\Units\bmp in your EU2 folder.

7)Now there should also be files called .SPR in GFX\Map\Units in CK folder. Again copy those who are called the above listed.

8) Now when you have them on your desktop then rename them into Eu2 format like for:
Walk:
T-ARMY C-celtic A-WALK D-NE
=
T-ARMY C-XXX A-WALK L-X D-NE

Fire:
T-ARMY C-celtic A-FIRE v-4 D-N
=
T-ARMY C-XXX A-FIRE L-X D-N

Stand(IDLE):
T-ARMY C-celtic A-IDLE v-1
=
T-ARMY C-XXX A-STAND L-X

9) Now open the SPR files and overwrite the string that looks like this(Should be the same):
Code:
  Origin = { x = 54 y = 74 }
with
Code:
  origin = { x =  45 y =  65 }

With the FIRE SPR files you should change it to:

Code:
  origin = { x =  21 y =  65 }
(For NE)

Code:
  origin = { x =  42y =  47}
(For SW)

10) Place them into GFX\Map\Units in EU2 folder.

11) Go to GFX\Palette in CK folder and find the bmp file called the same as the unit your working on. In this case celtic.bmp copy it to GFX\Palette in EU2 folder.

12) Open the DB/countries.csv find the nations you want to have your Ck unit and then in the middle of the lines there is four TAGs edit the second to your XXX.

13) Look at this really good tutorial posted by KaRei http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5178894&postcount=1 so you place the unit correct.
14) Travel out in the world and conquer it with your new soldiers!

You can download the actions here.

Due to Paradox policies we cannot upload the already done files.

Last edited:
cool-toxic said:
I have found a way to change the Ck units so they fit into EU2.
I'll upload the Actions and a tutorial, but first i would like to know from a Admin or Moderator if it's legal because that modders might upload the bmp's of the units from CK in they're mods.
so is it legal to upload the "converted" files?

Given Paradox's open policy regarding Game Modding (its one of their major selling points) and the fact that its been attempted to convert CK units into EU2; I really dont think they will have a problem with you converting.

After its not as if your stealing the units to use in another game by another company (say Civ 3); you are converting from one Paradox game into another...

I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

bombshellboi said:
Given Paradox's open policy regarding Game Modding (its one of their major selling points) and the fact that its been attempted to convert CK units into EU2; I really dont think they will have a problem with you converting.

After its not as if your stealing the units to use in another game by another company (say Civ 3); you are converting from one Paradox game into another...

I could be wrong but I dont think I am.
Okay thanks
*Updated

lol that looks too much like hard work for me :)

I'll download them if they're ever uploaded by some young, honest soul.

Greetings Cool-toxic. :)

First of all, thanks for your tutorial and the Photoshop actions which make this really easy. I am in the process of converting all the units from CK to EU2 and I was just wondering if you had ever uploaded some of the sprites that can be seen in the first post above, so that I wouldn't have to make these ones.

So far I have done frankish, german, iberian, italian, norse and hospitalers. I could upload them if anyone is interested.

Last edited: