• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Mate I Admire All The Work You Have Done And Used A Lot Myself Im Trying To Get Into Converting Sprites From Civ 3 I Have Downloaded Some To Work With And Have Mixed Results Iv Used Flickster And Changed Format To Filmstrip Border Un Checked Used Paint Shop Pro To Alter The Filmstrips Size Paint Propertys And Into Bmp Renamed The Sprite And Used A Spr Generator To Help Me Out Carfully Checked As Much As You Can There Is Always Something To Forget At The Mo I Have A B17 That Is Showing As Min Sprite B17 Taged As As Tactical Was Taged T-bomber But Got Nothing Just Scrolling Coulours Left Side Of Where Sprite Should Be Have Same Problem With Bt5 For Finland Just Need To Understand If I Need To Look At Spr Files Gfx Or Pallet Mate Your The Chap Who Knows This Stuff Im Scratching In A Dark Room With A Rany Gorrila Please Help Thanks Mate

Hi Bebro,

very good work indeed. Would you like to present your work in the DMP forum, cause we have a big modding section and community.

Or if you do not like, do you allow me, to present your work and upload it on our server?

But I would prefet, if you'd like to come to us :D

Hi Bebro,

very good work indeed. Would you like to present your work in the DMP forum, cause we have a big modding section and community.

Or if you do not like, do you allow me, to present your work and upload it on our server?

But I would prefet, if you'd like to come to us :D

Hi,

sure you can upload and present it if you want, it's all free for non-profit use anyway. So no problem :)

Just the naval pack is down at the moment, I'll hope to update it soon.

About the forum, it's easier for me to stay here since I also play other Paradox games, so I have everything together here.

Could you reupload the naval units link please, its down =(

As mentioned above, I'll upload the update once it's ready and post the new location then. If all goes well maybe tomorrow.

Oooomph, had to waste lotsa time to track down some problem, but now it's done. Still (as always) I recommend to make backups before installing the update.

Please see the first post of this thread for the link to the complete update

Changes v3:
- nearly all sprites re-rendered, capital ships slightly bigger, added effects for waves and explosions
- recent BB update with new Sov lvl 5 BB Sovietsky Soyuz class included
- new generic submarine sprite

Preview examples:

New Submarine:

Oooomph, had to waste lotsa time to track down some problem, but now it's done. Still (as always) I recommend to make backups before installing the update.

Please see the first post of this thread for the link to the complete update

Changes v3:
- nearly all sprites re-rendered, capital ships slightly bigger, added effects for waves and explosions
- recent BB update with new Sov lvl 5 BB Sovietsky Soyuz class included
- new generic submarine sprite
Awesome, thanks BeBro. :)

absolut cool Bebro !!!! :)

edit:

oh unfortunatly after i installed it..there is a problem now.
The german Battleship Bismarck looks good when standing. But in the case of Moving..in whatever direction..it starts to vanish....after some seconds...fully vanished..and then come again from other side. Something seems to be wrong.

:(

Last edited:
Does somebody else have the same problem? Because it doesn't happen on my installation. This sort of error is usually caused by wrong entries for the frame number in the spr files....right now I don't see an error in the uploaded files though....

Anyway, I PMed you, hopefully this will help you to get rid of this problem. If not please post back, then we'll have to try something else.

Does somebody else have the same problem?

I faced a similar problem with your V-R naval sprites. It seemed that although the number of frames was correct in the SPR files the game (Vicky in that case) did alter some values, which results in this shifted display. Write-protection directly after copying the custom sprite files didn't help, either.

The only way for me was letting the game engine altering the frame numbers. Then I checked which sprites had been affected, changed the values back to the correct ones, and put a write protection on the files. After restarting the game, everything was fine...

I'm not sure what causes this effect. My idea is that if you have a set of sprites with different frame rates, some are adapted to a (standard??) value like the other files. Might be something completely different, though... :(

I looked into it again and it seems the files in the uploaded pack are correct, but the prob here for the DD/DDA sprites is caused by older files remaining in the installation. Originally the German BB was set up for Bismarck class only (lvl 4), but some players wanted to have it for other lvls too (for example in case they build SHBB). So I changed it to lvl1, which means the older spr files for lvl4 (with outdated frame numbers) are not overwritten. It should work when you install it when none of my older custom files are there.

That said, I noticed some probs with other BBs (nothing big though) and will upload a fixed version 3.1 in some days.

About Vicky, just tested it, and there was indeed a similar prob with the ManOWar sprite. I'll post in the thread about here: http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352546

Last edited: