• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent work BeBro.

Will there be any other mirror to download from? Rapidshare only allows one free download and I've already used that for your air units.

EDIT: Is the rapdishare download limit just per day?

I just asked PackMan if he wants to host them as well :) Also later maybe on SKIF.

For the first days rapidshare will do, and I always wait some days before sending it to others in case some quick fixes are needed.

As for rapidshare I'm not sure, but I just tried and the dl did still work.

BeBro said:
I just asked PackMan if he wants to host them as well :) Also later maybe on SKIF.

For the first days rapidshare will do, and I always wait some days before sending it to others in case some quick fixes are needed.

As for rapidshare I'm not sure, but I just tried and the dl did still work.

Okay. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have a little patience and wait to see if any volunteers host your sprite files. :)

Woot! Thanks a lot. Downloading now. :D

Kevin W. said:
I've just installed these and they look great. Any idea what's next?

Next is an update of the sprite pack for certain minor countries. And some icon work for SKIF. Later, we'll see....:)

Great work, premium quality as always, BeBro!

zatarra said:
I can't see the heavy tank, mot and mech models. Theres only 1 model for tanks and mot and mech shows as infantry. What do i need to do?
I think this depends on which type of unit has the majority in a group. If you group 1 Mech with, say, 3 Inf, you should see the Inf sprite, IIRC.

There it is, an answer to our prayers from the god of sprites.

Hail BeBro, Hail BeBro, Hail BeBro

smilie_anbet.gif
smilie_anbet.gif
smilie_anbet.gif

BeBro said:
This mod changes unit sprites for tanks and mech. infantry for HOI2 Doomsday (DD) and Doomsday Armageddon (DDA). The zip contains my previously released Mec sprites in updated versions, new sprites for Arm for the major nations, and additional sprites for L-Arm for Germany and the Soviet Union (I only made L-Arm for those two since they are more "tank-heavy"). Mecs remain the same without additions, but I fixed some probs with them (unwanted pixels), and the UK Mec got a new camo pattern.

Download:
1) http://rapidshare.com/files/62740177/Land_v1.zip.html
2) http://www.modhoi.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=37
(zipped ca. 3,7Mb, unzipped ca. 59Mb)

Installation:

- After unzipping, it should create a folder called "gfx" under land_v1. Simply drop the "gfx" folder in your main DD folder "..\HOI Doomsday", it has a sub-folder structure like the game and therefore all files should be automatically moved to the neccessary destination from there, so you should be ready to play then. Be aware that these files will overwite all of P'dox original Arm sprites

Preview:

Animated example (UK Crusader tank move anim):

Models (Arm/Mec/L-Arm):

Sov: T34/76, ZiS42, T26
Ger: P IV D, SdKfz 251, P II
UK: Crusader Mk. II, Universal Carrier
US: M4A3 Sherman, M3/5
Fra: Somua S35
Ita: Carro Armato M13/40
Jap: Type 97 Chi-Ha

The T26 is also made into the generic MIN tank, since it's a license-built version of the widely used Vickers E type.

As always, feedback is welcome, and please report if there are any problems so that I can fix them.

Very nice. fantastic work.

Atleast in my game, when a british mechanized sprite is attacking in right, it goes bit buggy. Has purple holes there and there. Don't got a screenie, it's in other PC.

Excelent, i am using this graphics of yours since 2005, and now in the arma1.2 game.
Just wanting to know... I´ve noticed that germany has light and heavy tank models, the problem is that i do not see the heavy model. And i did not realised untily i saw the thread, and i am in middle game.
Thanks.