Unique qualifier on items + other suggestions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Verzen

Private
16 Badges
Dec 28, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
One of the most fun in the game I've had is the unique aspect of some of the things we can get.

However, I think there needs to be a new delineation for unique items.

For example. Common technology is green. Rare is purple. Dangerous (and very rare) is red.

But there's no unique tech that researching for example null void beam or dragon scales both should be considered 'unique' in which only one civilization can have it at one time UNLESS you reverse engineer it.

So here's my suggestion. Create a unique indicator .. maybe color it tan or light brown? for tech. Only one civilization can ever have it and it's extremely rare. So only one civilization can EVER get Null Void Beam or Dragon Scales BUT there's a lot MORE unique tech you might be able to get to enhance your ship.

With this system, we need MANY more unique tech and items out there. Here are some ideas for unique things that a civilization might get.

Phase Armor. Increases evasion by 10%. Found through a rare event.

Seeker Missiles (G) 100% evasion reduction. Found through rare event.

I think ya'll get the idea. I love the idea of having items that no one else has for my ships and to customize my ships with them. Like a unique weapon or armor that will catch my enemies off guard.

I got this idea by looking at the Unbidden unique, mysterious technology and would LOVE IT if we had the option to be able to get unique stuff like that.

Or maybe even an ascension perk which provides us a random unique weapon or armor for our ships no one else has. That would be pretty rad as well. Have a list of like 20 NEW ship tech that do interesting and cool things (not just stronger numbers) and would randomly provide us the opportunity to research this new tech.

My other suggestion is to revamp the tech system. It's kinda boring. We just select from a random list the best tech we want. I'd love it if there was somehow a Eureka moment where we can discover tech WAY ahead of its time. Maybe assign a scientist to it like we do with envoys and it has the archeology screen, but instead of finding archeology stuff or spying on a civ, we are trying to discover new technology with a chance of a EUREKA moment.

One more suggestion I had -Materialists usually get robotics while spiritualists usually get psychic tech, do militaristic, xenophobic,xenophiles, authoritarian,egalitarian, or gestalt get anything unique in terms of tech? They should, imo. I think each one should be fleshed out more in terms of technology and each one should get unique technology that corresponds with their ethics to help flesh out the uniqueness a bit more.

One of the things I dislike about Stellaris is that it seems that, more or less, we all get the same tech usually, slightly differentiating at the end, but I think this ought to be fleshed out a lot more.

Love the game though guys. It's a blast and I can't wait till the next DLC!

More empire Unique things is good. Now that we pick traditions I would suggest they can add some unique techs as well, I'd also like to see more tradition swaps based on Ethics or Origins.