Unintended consequence? (or maybe dumb luck on my part)...Beware the trap star system

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sarge33rd

Sergeant
1 Badges
Feb 10, 2015
  • Hearts of Iron III
survey a chokepoint with a rival neighbor. woah!! 34 MINERALS!! 2 8 pt and 3 6 pt.

Yep..skipped my construction ship ahead 3 or 4 systems, built an outpost, choked off my rival, built the 5 mining stations for 34 minerals/m. Nirvana,

wait..what?? buzzing? swarms?

whole lot of 1k enemy swarms made short work of my mining stations BUT...

they also make short work of any ships my rival tries to fly thru so....yeah, I don't have the mineral gain yet, but I do have essentially, a free slave fleet defending a chokepoint. *shrug*

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
survey a chokepoint with a rival neighbor. woah!! 34 MINERALS!! 2 8 pt and 3 6 pt.

Yep..skipped my construction ship ahead 3 or 4 systems, built an outpost, choked off my rival, built the 5 mining stations for 34 minerals/m. Nirvana,

wait..what?? buzzing? swarms?

whole lot of 1k enemy swarms made short work of my mining stations BUT...

they also make short work of any ships my rival tries to fly thru so....yeah, I don't have the mineral gain yet, but I do have essentially, a free slave fleet defending a chokepoint. *shrug*

The Crystalline Swarm event is a random event that was introduced with Leviathans. You find a system, get a pop up, scan, capture and build your outposts and within a couple years, about 5 or 6 1k - 2k fleets appear and wipe the system. They're easy to kill. Just go in with at least 5k fleet power and wipe them out one at a time and reclaim those minerals as a reward.

FYI, those swarms can kill your outpost. A game ago I had it filled up, they activated and killed all my mines. I knew that was likely so no big deal. Stopped there for about a year maybe, then a swarm started attacking my outpost which I had upgraded once or twice. Didn't take them long to kill it.