• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oyo is still alive I hope? The fun was just getting started :p

Everything's fine and well in the lands of Oyo! I thought I'd get back to updating when I didn't have school to worry about, but apparently people expect you to be outside and actually meet people during the summer. Oh well, I'm currently visiting my parents and I got some spare time, update inbound.

I looked through my screenshots, and apparently I played ahead quite a few years without reforming the government. I don't have any memory of doing this, but since I survived I guess I didn't suffer too much from it.

5USkRju.jpg

Christian missionaries once again enter our lands. We once again send them back to Europe. What a backwards place Europe must be. We are much more tolerant.

14th November, 1520, 300 ducats are gifted to the state.

Songhai is annexed.

3rd May, 1522, Castille once again erects a colony in Trarza, which the natives burns to the ground. We had nothing to do with it.

21th November, 1522, 333 ducats are gifted to the state.

Kanem Bornu is annexed.

RpgFEe1.jpg

We chose Quest for the new world as our next national idea. Time to get all imperialist in this bitch.

iTnOzq1.jpg

Castille declares war again.

wfty9uh.jpg

And this time they bring some friends.

qytNcpK.jpg

They wont sit idle this time.

u9CTc8Z.jpg

I don't really know how this happened. Either the pig god guided our soldiers hands, or Castille forgot to turn up the army maintenance.

mfKscqk.jpg

The Egyptian slave-traders want in on the game.

CLaBKTj.jpg

Castille lands more troops and takes control of Wolof.

Fc5APAz.jpg

We engage their army and win another battle.

6Bvo8AD.jpg

Their army is routed and destroyed at the settlement in Trarza, which we seize control of.

hKoIqC7.jpg

They manage to take it back afterwards though. We also learn quite a bit about their weapons and tactics, which will make it easier for us to counter their forces.

icd3GuV.jpg

Another battle is fought, once again with a decisive victory by the Oyo army.

Seriously, I have no idea how I can manage these wipes.

097FIrX.jpg

After a few more battles, we send one of our best spies to infiltrate the court in Toledo. He had a great disguise, and it baffles us how he managed to get caught.

12th of April, 1526, white peace is signed with the Mamluks.

27th of May, 1526, Zamfara adopts Yorumba culture.

YkHxvBp.jpg

We advance further north, but are later forced to retread when Domingo de Nebrija lands with more troops in Trarza.

kP2WwMn.jpg

The Spaniard army in Arguin is too strong for our forces, so we offer a concession of defeat. because we totally lost this war guys

rolpEVl.jpg

We acquired a lot of knowledge about their army and fortification built in the Castilian parts of North Africa, and will use it to improve our own forts.

ZnZaRKf.jpg

After recovering from the war the pig-god wants us to expand our colonial efforts. Said and done, we send our explorer Oranyan Ezinwa on a trip to the south.

Q8d8v2j.jpg

After reaching the Cape the pig-god wants us to venture further into the depths of south Africa.
Unfortunately it seems like the English have taken control of Congolese lands. We will have to do something about that eventually.

u74jys5.jpg

After our high elder passes away, this guy takes office.

yz2T5wl.jpg

I really should've reformed the government.

Last edited:
Can't you take colonies of Castille?

I took Trarza, but they stationed more than 30k troops in Arguin so I ended the war. I was already at war with Castille, Austria, Hungary and Burgundy, and I was afraid England might've declared if I stayed in it any longer.

Did those wipes happen in the first fight? Perhaps armies can't retreat to unknown territory and that why they wiped. The first battle pic your troops had a clear advantage though. a 4 shock general versus no general balances tech quite a bit.

Great this is still around! Why did Castille not seize your provinces though?

Maybe they were up for Gold. I very often see colonial wars played like that by the AI. Colonies are always seized quickly, but provinces not that much.

Yeah the AI has a tendency to want to extract loads of wealth rather than seize the land. Usually they block off sea access by taking those territories then extract all the wealth they can. Once that dries up, full annexation follows.

Your update has more than 20 images; please edit to remove the extra images. Remember, it is 20 images per hour.

I took Trarza, but they stationed more than 30k troops in Arguin so I ended the war. I was already at war with Castille, Austria, Hungary and Burgundy, and I was afraid England might've declared if I stayed in it any longer.

Yeah, you need to take little by little, or they will gang up on you.

I have a game with Benin, in which I'm further along and took north Africa as well, but I'm constantly in wars with half of European majors. At some point I had wars with England, Portugal, Castille, France, Ottomans, Mamuluks, Naples, Austria and various minors they had as allies/vassals.

So expect constant DoWs from all bigguns. Even with 3 times bigger army than Castille and them not bordering me anymore since I took all their colonies, and they still attack me right on the clock.