• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sybot said:
The President calls for a grand party to celebrate the victory. But before he can start the festivities, an urgent message comes in from several embassies…

DOWs perhaps [evil grin]

GeneralHannible, piratethemesong, Duke of Wellington, lifeless, HannibalBarca

Thanks for the support all of you. My IC is currently around 80, and partisans are under control for the time being, although I am likely to need many more garrisons when the net set of nations are annexed.

Unification of the Americas: A Bolivian AAR.

Part Three:

bol291nx.jpg

Oh dear…

bol302eq.jpg

I need all the help I can get!

First things first…

bol315xi.jpg

Strategic redeployments

bol321jd.jpg

My first trade with my new ally.

I offer four techs for two, and still have to pay thousands of resources to get them. Stupid greedy Peruvians.

bol332wf.jpg

Comparison

We only just outnumber them, and Peru is in danger of being crushed if they attack in force. I will take military control at the first opportunity.

On the 29th the USA once again breaks their pact with us. I attempt to get a new one and fail, but there will be plenty more opportunities later to replace it. On July 3rd I assume military control of Peru. I order three divisions to Iquitos, the province Peru has a claim on, and move the rest from the border with me up to the border with Ecuador. Then, on the 5th…

bol340lg.jpg

My first loss of the war

They must have amp assaulted it. Unfortunately my only naval assets are currently in Peru, and will take a while to move to this area to stop further landings. All the units that were redeploying to Macapa get shunted to the capital, forcing me to redeploy again to the neighbouring province, were they won’t arrive until early August.

On the 9th there is a major development in Europe as Germany declares war on the Soviet Union. The struggle between these two sides will decide the fate of millions, and the effects may even reach Bolivia at some point in the future. But for now, I have my own problems to deal with.

On the 25th, I finally manage to get the pact back with the USA. My troops are finally in position on the border with Colombia on the 29th. Two corps including two newly completed divisions are in position to begin the advance as soon as they are regain their org. On August 5th enemy troops arrive in Boa Vista. This is very annoying as it means the division in Macapa now has somewhere to retreat to when I attack it shortly.

Ack! I only just realise that the province I had redeployed to does not actually border Macapa. I now have to wait a few more days while my troops move into position. On the 15th two Peruvian infantry arrive in Iquitos and come under attack from six enemy divisions. Luckily they are able to hold their positions and force a retreat.

bol351el.jpg

My plans for invasion, August 17th

My attacks on Boa Vista and Macapa are complete successes, but the attack on Mitu in Colombia fails, despite numerical superiority. This will push back my annexation of them by quite a bit. Also, an interesting point is that Germany seems to have taken Northern Ireland at some point. Were it not for Barbarossa just happening, I would of taken it as a sign for the invasion of the UK.

At this point, with my first Bomber tech about to be finished, I go through the files to resurrect the one I mentioned earlier. It turns out the tech team didn’t die in battle, but actually, David Toro Ruilova, not Pavon Ochoa, just disappeared in 1941, without any sort of announcement to me. I don’t really care about the leader, so I just change a few values and David Ruilova’s son, Paulo Ruilova (just made up), has inherited his father’s research abilities.

On the 21st the USA breaks the pact again! I sign a new one immediately. Can’t those fools make up their minds? On the 29th I start four parallel runs of four airbases each, as there are no bases under my control near the front, and my first bombers will be ready within months. On September 7th my forces are finally ready to attempt another attack on Mitu, this time with support from the Peruvians.

bol367lv.jpg

The battle of Mitu

The battle lasts a few hours but I am ultimately successful and my troops begin their push into Colombia. On the 16th my lone division marching to Inirida bumps into two Venezuelans and can’t sustain the attack. I order him to break off, the province isn’t important anyway. On the 20th Interwar Bomber is finished and I order Paulo Ruilova to begin Flying Circus Doctrine, as well as starting several runs of bombers. I should have 4 squadrons ready on Christmas Day.

Suddenly Colombian forces arrive in Boa Vista and force me to break off my attack. This means the Venezuelan division retreating there will probably escape. On the 24th I renew the attack on Boa Vista, in the hope that my Cavalry can get there quickly and destroy the Venezuelan. They succeed, and the long march begins once more.

On October 1st more Colombians arrive in Boa Vista, only to be instantly thrown back. Also Basic Artillery is finished and I start work on Improved Artillery. I transfer some IC to upgrades to get my six artillery brigades upgraded. On the 12th all upgrades are finished. Unfortunately the Venezuelan division escaped. I’ll have to wait before destroying him.

From the USA – break pact, sign pact, break pact, sign pact and so on…*yawn* On the 15th some useless islands off the coast of Chile revolt and get taken by partisans. I can’t be bothered to go after them, so I ignore it. On the 27th the Peruvians in Iquitos get swarmed by about 11 divisions and are forced to retreat back to their territory. Later that day my troops finally arrive in Boa Vista and are immediately thrown back. Gah! I can’t wait for these bombers to finish!

And this is where this update ends, with me being frustrated with jungle warfare.

bol378zr.jpg

Situation on October 29th.

Basically after four months of fighting, I’ve only just retaken my territory. Once the bombers and airbases are done it will be much easier as I can wipe out enemies as they move through the slow jungle.

Hmm, you're right about the pics, I just realised I can't see them either. I'll look into it.

Basically the only ones of any importance (the first two) show the events I created:

Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela ally and declare war on me. Ecuador also takes the oppourtunity to invade Peru. Peru then comes to me for help, and I give them an alliance, plus supplies and money.

The fourth and fifth show: The trade I do with Peru is 4 techs plus lots of resources for Advanced Construction Engineering and Basic Mountain Division. The force comparison shows me with 18 divisons, Peru with 5, Ecuador with 5, Colombia with 10 and Venezuela with 7.

Edit- Eh? As soon as I made this post they started showing for me. I have no idea what that was about.

soon all will be yours...will you break your alliance with peru after this? yep jungle warfare is ssslloooww....:)

Pfff, unifying South America will be easy. I'm going for the whole landmass. :D (though I may get crushed by the US in the process!)

The plan is: I have a custom event for me to purchase the Panama Canal once my territory borders it. This needs to happen to give me a land link into Central America without having to declare war on the US. After that I expect to be on the outskirts of the USA by the end of 1943. Then, I'll join the Axis and invade! Hopefully can catch the US off guard and quickly sweep in and take most of their western territory before they can respond. The outcome is by no means certain, but it will definitely be interesting.

Unification of the Americas: A Bolivian AAR.

Part Four:

On November 7th, the USA finally joins in the Second World War when Japan declares war on them, as well as the Allies. This of course means that from this point on any war with America would mean war with all of the Allies. One day later, Japanese planes hit Pearl Harbour. (a bit off don’t you think, since the whole point of the surprise attack was that they didn’t declare war first). Two days after that, Guangxi Clique, who had a peace treaty since about 1939, declared war on Japan.

The reason I’m telling you all this is because absolutely nothing is happening in my war at the moment. Meanwhile, Germany has managed to pocket Kiev with 14 Soviet divisions. On the 11th one corps arrives in Boa Vista and defeats the moving Venezuelans. On the 15th I develop Basic Cavalry Division and immediately start Improved Infantry Division. Later that day my first forces arrive in Mitu, only to be immediately attacked and thrown back. The following day, exactly the same thing happens when the rest show up. If only they’d arrived at the same time!

bol387bd.jpg

Two stupid corps get individually defeated

On the 20th I launch an attack into Inirida. The attack is a success, and my troops begin yet another long march.

bol391lv.jpg

Why didn’t you do that before?

Peru offers me a bunch of blueprints (none of which I really need, as I have no intention of building a navy). Of course, they didn’t bother to do that with techs that would actually have been useful. On the 24th Panama declares war on Germany. This may be a problem if they join the Allies. On the 28th, Vichy France makes peace with France, and hence the Allies. A good thing for them too, as the UK was sweeping through their African territories. The following day, the Kiev pocket is destroyed. Unfortunately for Germany, they are now bogged down, without even having advanced very far into the SU.

On December 5th, my two Cavalry are upgraded to Cav ’39 and begin moving back to Boa Vista, ready for the main push into Venezuela. On Christmas day, four wings of Tac-1 Bombers are completed. Unfortunately the airbases I want to deploy them to won’t be ready until 5th Jan so I just put them in the capital for now. On the 26th, French Guyana joins Free France. Great news for me, since I don’t need to declare war on Vichy to complete the unification of South America anymore.

And so begins 1942

bol402xp.jpg

My first conquest that I can actually defend

On January 4th, four of my divisions arrive in Inirida, and fend off the advancing enemies. By the 6th, Boa Vista contain a level four airbase, four wings of Tactical Bombers and 10 divisions.

On January 9th, the invasion of Venezuela begins. Ciudad Bolivar and Ciudad Guyana fall in quick succession. On the 12th, I send the Peruvians to take Ecuador’s only VP, to remove one party from this war. However, the mountainous terrain is too much for the Peruvians and the attack fails. On the 23rd, enough forces have arrived Ciudad Bolivar to consider an assault on the Venezuelan capital Caracas.

bol416ki.jpg

My plan comes to light

On February 14th my Cavalry arrive in Caracas, completing the encirclement of Cumana. They are unable to hold their position, and my forces frustratingly fail to destroy the forces in Cumana. However, without supplies they can’t regain their org, so the next attack should succeed. On the 21st Venezuela offers peace, and as response I attempt another attack on Cumana. It fails again, and I realise that they must be getting supplies from somewhere! No wonder I couldn’t deal with them earlier.

But now, my bombers have enough org to begin bombing them. I start running interdiction in the Caracas region. On the 25th Flying Circus Doctrine is finished and I start Force Substitution Doctrine. Another attempt on Cumana fails, even with help from the planes. On the 30th, Improved Artillery is completed and I start Agrichemistry.

Again my units arrive in Mitu separately and get defeated separately. This is too frustrating! On March 11th, my troops arrive in Caracas once more, and this time they are able to hold their position. Once my Infantry catches up, I’ll push onto the last VP for Venezuela. On the 15th another attempt to take the Ecuadorian capital fails.

On the 16th I attack Cumana once again, and it seems as though attacking from Caracas was the key, as I succeed, and four divisions are destroyed! After that I redeploy most of my forces to Caracas ready for the push into Colombia. On the 26th, my second wave of Tac Bombers are ready, but I have now run out of air leaders, so they are stuck with a 0 skill Mj General for now.

On April 8th, my Cavalry arrive in Maracaibo, and Venezuela is annexed.

bol428bg.jpg

Venezuela is now part of Bolivia. Note the three encircled Colombian divisions.

The rest of this war should be a mop up. Colombia’s VPs are all in easy reach, and once they are gone all resistance should stop. This is because Colombia is the sole military force in their alliance. It seems Ecuador gave away all their land troops as expeditionary forces. This whole thing should be over by about August (at a guess). Then it’s on to Central America, Mexico, and finally…the USA.

attacking from caracas because theres a river in front of the provs youre attacking from and thats gives you a penalty. might also be because the leader isnt a high enough rank so that gives a penalty too. great job!

Ah, very ambitious goals you have here. It will really get interesting once the USA starts to mix it up with you...