• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm... I received an event with some weird looking characters...

View attachment 143095
I'd be fine with receiving communications like this from other species before researching their language
Just mouse over the options so the tool-tip will lay out the consequences of each choice. I suspect many veteran EUIV and CKII players stopped actually reading event text long ago and read most events as... "Oh a pop-up... Lose one stability or spawn 6 pretender Rebels... Rebels it is!"
CKII? Stability? I don't understand! :eek:

Reactions:
Hmm... I received an event with some weird looking characters...

View attachment 143095

I have been told that the event doesn't make any sense, I am unable to verify because I don't know the language but at least I tried! ;)

Well, Zoft. I seriously hope you didn't clicked the 2nd.

The actual translation from Shchkerperk is:

Implementation ready
Are you sure you want to implement unicode?

A. Implement
B. Do not implement.

Although I have to say I'm very surprized with some archaisms and grammar oddities in this sample text.

1) The affirmative suffix (--sheleshki) may be somewhat confusing, and using a more modern negative prefix in the second choice (Atselechik-ishani) would be far more comprehensible for most players, to be honest.

2) Same with the telech (1st sign in the last word in the event text, a stress notation, roughly translated as an interrogation mark by us Earthling): why do you use this millenia-old sign, when the current grammar is making much more common use of the elechik at the begininng of the sentence?

3) Some others may have noted also, even if that's nitpicking: why is the allocutive mark in sheket-parachmishini in Shberefi-style, when one knows the verb par--mishi-- is quite uncommon before the Techmeshti Arashi'ik (only an hapax in a banking document quoted from Shtelchkani selchnichikn A'elechni shed Ashashshni by Ashalash 'inadshch Teshachki, if I remember correctly).

TBH, I think the game should make use of a more modern grammar, or you'll see lot of people crying when the game will be released.
I don't thnik lot of us will find it really fun to have to play with a dictionnary for pre-Eshelkishch Shchkerperk, and one for post-classical language.

EDIT: dear devs, I know some French friends well-versed in Shchkerperk. Maybe if you could take some of them as betas they could provide some help correcting this language in the localizations?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well, Zoft. I seriously hope you didn't clicked the 2nd.

The actual translation from Shchkerperk...

Very funny :p

Seriously though, it's actually Klingon written in pIqaD.

Romanization:

nuqneH

tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?

jIyajbe'
jIyaj

translation:

Hello (literally "What do you want?")

Do you speak the Klingon language?

I do not understand
I do understand

More properly the options should read vIjatlhbe' "I do not speak it" and vIjatlh "I do speak it", but it's clear what is meant from context so it's forgiveable.

Reactions:
Very funny :p

Seriously though, it's actually Klingon written in pIqaD.

Romanization:

nuqneH

tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?

jIyajbe'
jIyaj

translation:

Hello (literally "What do you want?")

Do you speak the Klingon language?

I do not understand
I do understand

More properly the options should read vIjatlhbe' "I do not speak it" and vIjatlh "I do speak it", but it's clear what is meant from context so it's forgiveable.

Awesome, then I was closer to what I wanted to write than I thought :)
If anyone didn't get it, this was a test event I wrote to show you that we, as of last week, have unicode support ;)

Reactions:
Would have had more luck with Sindarin.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Paradox where the playtapi lie.
:)

Reactions:
If anyone didn't get it, this was a test event I wrote to show you that we, as of last week, have unicode support ;)

Great, gave me a chance to practice my tlhIngan Hol :) A few of the characters confused me (the n looks more like the SkyBox p/f letter) but I don't know if that was a transcription error or just the low-res font making them look the same.

Anyway Unicode support is awesome! That's something I've missed in CK2 modding.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I DEMAND THIS BE PORTED TO ALL CLAUSEWITZ GAMES!!! NAO!!!

Seriously though, that's a step in good direction, definitely. I do hope it will creep to other titles, seeing as localisations for languages other than the big 4 (ENG/FRA/GER/SPA) are becoming more and more common.

Reactions:
I DEMAND THIS BE PORTED TO ALL CLAUSEWITZ GAMES!!! NAO!!!

Seriously though, that's a step in good direction, definitely. I do hope it will creep to other titles, seeing as localisations for languages other than the big 4 (ENG/FRA/GER/SPA) are becoming more and more common.

What may I say, other than "I definitively agree"?

Reactions:
OH, MY GODNESS.
MONTHS OF LEAVE AND NOW I SEE THIS!!!

PARADOX, YOU ARE MY SAVIOR MY GOD.

Yet, can you show an event with more than 256 different characters so I am convinced this time it is TRUE Unicode support?

THANKS!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

Reactions: