• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mongolia is a puppet of SOV so it joins whatever alliance SOV does. Tannu Tuva is not a puppet, just allied.

Actually, after looking at the save file the bug gets even stranger:

Mongolia becomes a member of both the Comintern and the Axis, Tuva is a member of just the comintern, and USSR is only a member of Axis.

Tuva and Mongolia should move with the USSR, and failing that should only be in one alliance.

Also, as Tuva becomes the only member of the comintern, they are also not the leader, leaving the "alliance" with no leader at all.

YokoZar said:
Actually, after looking at the save file the bug gets even stranger:

Mongolia becomes a member of both the Comintern and the Axis,
That is a known bug I believe.
Tuva is a member of just the comintern, and USSR is only a member of Axis.

Tuva and Mongolia should move with the USSR, and failing that should only be in one alliance.
Mongolia should definitely leave comintern but Tuva is questionable. If they weren't sufficiently dominated by Sov to call them a puppet maybe they wouldn't have followed Sov into Axis.
Also, as Tuva becomes the only member of the comintern, they are also not the leader, leaving the "alliance" with no leader at all.
There is no such thing as an alliance with no leader unless it has no members at all. The first country listed in the alliance in the savegame or scenario file is the leader.

YokoZar said:
The trouble is that Mongolia gets listed before Tuva, so they end up as leading an alliance they don't appear to be a member of.
If they are in the list then they are a member.

Yes, the display for Mongolia only shows being Axis (probably because Axis is listed first in savegame) but Tannu Tuva still shows alliance with Mongolia.
Two possible fixes:
1. Code change forcing country out of the old alliance when joining new one by event.
2. Workaround would be an AI_Event for Mongolia in the event chain between GER 2015B and SOV 2602.
2a. Remove alliance command from 2015B
2b. Change trigger command in 2015B to point to event posted below:
Code:
event = { # Force Mongolia out of Comintern if USSR joins Axis
	id = xxxx
	country = MON
	random = no
	name = "AI_EVENT"
	desc = ""
	style = 0

# Triggered by GER 2015B

trigger = {
		ai = yes
		alliance = { country = MON country = SOV }
		puppet = { country = MON country = SOV }
	}
	action_a = {
		name = ""
		command = { type = leave_alliance }
		command = { type = trigger which = 2602 } # Soviets leave Comintern and join Axis
	}
}
(Mongolia will follow SOV into any new alliance because of its puppet status.)
2c. Add the following to action_a in SOV 2602:
Code:
		command = { type = leave_alliance }
		command = { type = alliance which = GER }
(If you don't leave_alliance first then GER will join Comintern in the alliance command.)

OK, I'm pretty much illiterate, especially when it comes to editing a game, so I'm not sure if this will work even if I tried. But on the off chance that it does, will it also solve the interesting little scenerio of Mongolia being invincible?
Explanation: I had a similar situation in my game. After I joined the Axis (with the USSR) I still had a lot of troops in the far east (originally preparing to defend Mongolia against Japan if I ended up fighting the Axis). I also saw that Tanu Tuva stayed Commie and that Mongolia became part of both. I decided to attack Tanu Tuva and won easily but Mongolia decided to honor that alliance rather than the one with the Axis. No problem I thought and moved troops into Ulan Bator to annex Mongolia as well. Except while this made me (briefly) capture the province, my soldiers did not engage the army of Mongolia (even though it showed that they were at war with me on the Dip. screen) and for as long as I was stationed there the message kept popping up about 200 times a minute that I lost the province of Ulan Bator to the despicable troops of Mongolia and there was absolutely nothing I could do (except load the autosave and not engage Tanu Tuva).

Serious thread-necromancy here. Yes, my event change would fix that since Mongolia would not be in both alliances.