• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice, I always like seeing a good old-fashioned tag-hop! :D

Nice work! Remember to take all the awesome Prussian decisions now! Actually, do the bonuses from those remain after you change nations? If so, your armies will be even more invincible soon.

They do. You can get pretty nice decision combinations by changing nations like this :)

Though I fear it might not be realistic for sjones25 to reach the required army tradition 50 for Prussian Military Reforms when he's that dominant militarily. And his capital is in the wrong province (Ruppin when Brandenburg is required).

Great work. And nice Linkin Park reference in the last update. :D

Though I fear it might not be realistic for sjones25 to reach the required army tradition 50 for Prussian Military Reforms when he's that dominant militarily. And his capital is in the wrong province (Ruppin when Brandenburg is required).

D'oh! I forgot about the capital thing! And I figured that he would already have 50 AT. If he doesn't, I will be disapproving and cynical and probably wag my finger at him.

You should've let those Iraqis gain 30 more provinces and adopt imperial administration to add a Czar Muhammad to our little collection :p

The CB is that they were being such terrible neighbors.

Thats historically the casus belli for well over half of the world's wars! Good stuff, and I echo Malurous' view; its nice to see a good old tag hop!

I thought the Linkin Park reference was good, but nothing trumps a Darth Vader reference! :D

At least I hope that was a reference and not a side effect of me watching too much Star Wars. Here's hoping you re-become France soon, your people must be getting antsy.

As you may have noticed from my shiny new icon, I just got HttT and I've been trying it out a bit. I made a copy of my IN game (including all my saves) before I installed it, so this AAR will go on. I'm determined to see it through or die trying! Updates might get a bit less frequent though...

Good to see, make sure you grab the April 29th patch before you start playing much. HTTT changes so much you'll wonder how you ever stuck with IN for so long :)

You're making great time, and your poor advisors must be going insane with all the tag switching. If you can, take the Prussian reform for the attrition bonus if nothing else.

D'oh! I forgot about the capital thing! And I figured that he would already have 50 AT. If he doesn't, I will be disapproving and cynical and probably wag my finger at him.

Of course he might have as there has been so much fighting. But it can be slow to accumulate when you're so superior ;)

your poor advisors must be going insane with all the tag switching.

At least they don't have to suffer for a long time :rofl:

Missed two updates.

And he finally made an update without beheading someone.

Is insanity in their genes, or are they just inbred.

I'm probably going to be happy that I'm not in range of the collection.

dinofs: Due to my near-constant warfare, I do have well over 50 army tradition, in fact it usually hangs up around the 80's. So there's no need for finger wagging!

Malurous: Changing my capitol has never been a problem in the past! Although, I really should have just set it to Brandenburg in the first place, it would have saved myself the stab hit.

JDMS: Thanks.

mayorqw: I need to own: Thrace, Edirne, Salonica, Macedonia, Athens, Morea, Achea, Bithynia, Bursa and Smyrna.

theconfusedone: Czar Muhammad! He he! That would have been awesome.

zagoroth: If you are referring to "Impressive. Most Impressive." then yes, it was a Darth Vader reference. If not, then no, you're just seeing things :D

lordkestrel: I do really like the new CB system. My only problem with it so far is that it makes it almost impossible to expand as a HRE minor, since every province you take adds yearly infamy and yearly prestige loss. You can't afford BB wars unless you expand, but you can't expand without getting into BB wars...

Johan11: What? I forgot to include a beheading in an update? Sorry, my mistake! :)

Sybot: Yea, forming Germany is only a matter of time. And not very much time at that!

Willem: I propose that our great nation is the protector and unifier of all the people of Russia!
Ryzan: What! We are the largest Russian power in the world, you're not even from around here! You can't just come waltzing in and take Novgorod and claim to be the "unifiers of Russia"!
Willem: Hmm, I suppose you're right. We'll need Moscow as well.
Ryzan: Exactly. Wait, what!?!
DoWed!
EU3_1.jpg

I took all of the provinces I need for Russia, although I didn't get enough WS to connect Smolensk to the rest of my lands.
EU3_10.jpg

I got my last core for Germany, but I'm not quite at Land Tech 30 yet, so I can't take the Prussian Military Reforms.
EU3_11.jpg

EU3_12.jpg

Poland decided they wanted to die some more. Willem graciously agreed to help them.
EU3_20.jpg

Norway joined with Poland. That was dumb.
EU3_26.jpg

But it turns out they were vassals of Poland, so I couldn't annex them. :mad:

The Polish forces are overwhelmed by Imperial forces.
EU3_29.jpg

Poland is more reasonable that Norway was when it came to giving up Norway's last province. Not that they had much of a choice...
EU3_31.jpg

Only one province left for Scandinavia!

Willem: We must purge the remaining Bishopdoms from Europe!
*crickets chirping*
Willem: Well, isn't anyone going to say thats a crazy idea or something?
*chirping continues*
Willem: Guards, find those crickets and have them beheaded!
Willem: I need a new adviser...

Courtier: My Liege, we have searched the whole of Europe and cannot find a single person willing to be an adviser to your family.
Willem: I have an idea of how to motivate them!
Courtier: We're already offering hundreds of ducats, but no one will do it.
Willem: Go out into the city and tell the first person you see that if they do not agree to be my adviser, I'll have them beheaded.
Courtier: So... basically get beheaded now or get beheaded later?
Willem: Precisely. Only, thats not how I would put it to them when I tell them.
Courtier: Very well, my Lord.
Guards: Your Majesty, what do you want us to do with all these cricket heads?

Where was I? Oh yes, killing Bishops.
EU3_34.jpg

Ha ha! Muslim Persia and Orthodox Muscowy are the two main defenders of the Bishops.
EU3_35.jpg

Adviser: He-hello your Majesty.
Willem: Oh excellent a new adviser! So, what advice do you have for me?
Adviser: Umm... continue being awesome?
Willem: Hmm... well played, well played indeed.

Cologne is cut down to a OPM and Trier is annexed. The Bishop of Trier is publicly beheaded because... Willem said so. His holiness... approves???
EU3_37.jpg

Pope: What? What am I supposed to do?

Munster is OPM'ed and Salzburg is annexed.
EU3_40.jpg

Willem: Only two OPM Bishops stand between me and the Papal throne!
Adviser: Ah, you are going to become the Pope! A wise plan my Lord. It is only fitting for a man of your skills to be the head of the church as well as the Emperor of Europe.
Willem: I like you.

Check this battle out:
EU3_41.jpg

I think thats the most colorful battle line I've ever seen!

Austria is broken up into a bunch of little pieces.
EU3_43.jpg

They have 5 provinces left and each province is its own little island in the sea that is Prussia.

Castile decided to try to regain their European lands. I'm not sure why they bothered. They are doing quite well the Americas and Africa, and I'm perfectly fine letting them stay there, but if they want war...
EU3_46.jpg

Prussia is ready for war!
EU3_49.jpg

I like Prussian Military Reforms.
EU3_50.jpg

Castile is forced to give up its last two European provinces.
EU3_53.jpg

Well, I guess we're done with Prussia now. Its on to Germany!
EU3_55.jpg

Willem: There is only one practical spot for the capitol of this grand new nation: Loonburg!!!
EU3_56.jpg

So the Bretons and Corns are busy taking over Canada. Have fun up there in the Arctic wastes... I have all the provinces I will need for France, Spain, and Russia. I need Stockholm to form Scandinavia. I have about half the provinces I need for Persia. I think the only province I need for Byz is Constantinople. I still don't have any Mughal provinces. There are two Catholic theocracies left.
EU3_MAP_GER_1662929_1.jpg

A map of the new German nation:
EU3_MAP_GER_1662929_2.jpg

France √ - Ireland √ - England √ - Great Britain √ - Italy √ - Netherlands √ - Prussia √ - Germany √ - Spain - Russia - France - Scandinavia - Persia - Papal State - Mughal Empire - Byzantine Empire

What the...an advisor survived a full update?! Admittedly the crickets were beheaded, but the advisor survived?! This Willem...letting his family name down.

Excellent update, loved the capital being moved to the aptly renamed Loonburg.

This dynasty is always so practical - the capital decision was no different!

"Prussia is ready for war!" was extremely well played :D

Oh, and I suppose that an advisor that's recruited that way won't have too many stars :rofl

I do really like the new CB system. My only problem with it so far is that it makes it almost impossible to expand as a HRE minor, since every province you take adds yearly infamy and yearly prestige loss. You can't afford BB wars unless you expand, but you can't expand without getting into BB wars...

Getting into BB wars isn't exactly advisable in the latest HTTT beta. The penalties for going over the limit are crippling.

Great update. The new advisor might just survive. :rofl:

Woot! Prussian military reforms! Now nothing can stop you from rolling into Persia and India! You might actually be able to pull this off!

Forming Spain won't be much of a problem now right? and so is the rest of the world :D

Now steamroll your way to the East!