• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great stuff and great progress. Love seeing quite how messed up Scotland has invariably become, the Duff Doge is such a winning name.

St. Annesburg:rofl: Hilarious:rofl: And you must make Loonburg your capital one day!!:D

JDMS: Yea, I'm not sure why people keep becoming advisers for these guys...

Johan11: Ah Albania, possibly the single weakest nation in Europe. Gotland and Corfu might be weaker, but they are on islands.

Malurous: Yea. Welcome back to the Dark Side!

mayorqw: I am playing IN, so advisers don't make a big difference in the game. I'm lucky to have more than one 4 star or better adviser at any given time, so even if I were to sack them all whenever my king kills one, it wouldn't really affect the game.

morningSIDEr: I'll keep an eye on Scotland, but I don't think they're ever going to accomplish much up there in the Isles.

vitek69: I never liked how the game calles St. Petersburg Neva unless Russia forms, so I almost always rename it St. Petersburg when I take it; this time, I changed it a bit due to the inherit lunacy of the game. Ok, another goal for the game: make Loonburg my capitol!

Now back to your regularly unscheduled programming:

Lodewijk: So, I'm in charge of the Pope, right?
Adviser: Well, sort of. I mean, God is the one who is the true leader of the church and all that.
Lodewijk: Yes, yes, but he doesn't do anything, so I'm the one really running the show! Hey Pope!
Pope: What?!
Lodewijk: Excommunicate the king of Castile!
Pope: Why should I?
Lodewijk: Because you're my vassal, because I own the most cardinals, because God wills it so, because if you don't I'll have you beheaded, I don't know, just pick a reason and do it!
Pope: *muttering to himself* I hope God strikes you down...
EU3_29.jpg

Lodewijk: He he! Free war! :D
EU3_30.jpg

Castile has lots of friends:
EU3_31.jpg

Province gets gang-beat pretty fast.
EU3_33.jpg

Things don't go very well at all in Spain.
EU3_37.jpg

The old HREmperor gets annexed and we get a new one
EU3_38.jpg

And he likes us???
EU3_39.jpg

Last time I checked, -75 wasn't really "favorable" but whatever...

All of these provinces are necessary to form France. Thanks for holding on to them for us, we'll take it from here.
EU3_41.jpg

Burgundy, Burgundy, Burgundy. What am I supposed to do with you.
EU3_43.jpg

Oh, hey we won. I didn't even pay much attention to the war in Sweden, I took Finland and my vassals swarmed Sweden.
EU3_45.jpg

Well, thats the last dumb decision you'll ever make Burgundy!
EU3_47.jpg

Portugal is getting annoying. So I took their capitol.
EU3_50.jpg

Thanks for playing! See ya later.
EU3_51.jpg

There ya go Oyo. Now remember, don't play with any Stuarts!
EU3_52.jpg

Adviser: My Liege, our nation is unfortunately falling into decline.
Lodewijk: *checks a map of Europe* Ummm... no it isn't.
EU3_53.jpg

Lodewijk: What do you mean "decline"? We basically control all of Europe! We're the most powerful nation the world has ever seen! In what way are we declining??

Seriously, whats up with this event??? Is it just because I don't have any colonies?

In my peace deal with Castile I thought about taking one of their colonies to see if that would prevent the whole "National Decline" thing, but I didn't have any occupied. Lazy vassals!
EU3_54.jpg

You know, I'm kinda questioning the depth of this guy's conversion to Catholicism. I just don't see a good Catholic king calling himself Muhammad... At least, not in the 1600's.
EU3_55.jpg

Things are progressing nicely, despite all this mysterious "decline."
EU3_MAP_NED_16231130_1.jpg

I have all the provinces I need for Prussia. I need one more for Germany. I need two more for France. I need one more for Spain. I need two more for Scandinavia, but they are the capitols of Sweden and Norway. In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have helped Norway win its freedom. I think I need three more for the Byzantine Empire. I don't have any for Persia or the Mughals yet. I'll have to look into the Russian nation decision a bit to see what I need for that, but I think St. Annesburg might be the only province I have for it so far. There are 3 Catholic theocracies remaining that I'll have to get rid of before I can become the Pope.

Here's a nation in "decline."
EU3_MAP_NED_16231130_2.jpg

Well, you are missing out on the riches of the colonies (or rather the NIs to get to them). Of course you should be more than capable of just conquering any colonies you want whether or not you have any colonial NIs, so it is a bit nonsensical.

King Muhammad? nice :D
In my Granada -> Spain game, I had a Sultan named Christian or smth like that :)

Looks like everything's going great. Good work. :)

Poor pope.....

Poor, stupid pope.....

Sybot: Yeah, I've got by far the largest income in the world. Does that event only look at what NIs you have?

theconfusedone: Sultan Christian meet King Muhammad :D

JDMS: Thanks!

Johan11: Soon I will be Pope! And by "soon" I mean hopefully before the end of the game...

Since I didn't get any objections from any of you, I went ahead and moved Aragon's capitol for them.
EU3_3.jpg

Its for their own good, otherwise they would have just been annexed.

Time to tie up some loose ends.
EU3_4.jpg

Lodewijk: Fine, see if we ever help you again.
EU3_5.jpg

I can't really blame them, CS's cowardly influence must have already permeated their culture.

At long last, the Corns are defeated and forced to accept the Netherland's overlordship.
EU3_7.jpg

Barcelona is mine! Finally.
EU3_10.jpg

I now have all the provinces I need to form Spain.

I feel kinda bad for the Byzantines... They tried so hard and got so far but in the end it doesn't really matter.
EU3_13.jpg

Riga suddenly noticed that they actually don't like us. Make up your mind!
EU3_15.jpg

I need Brunswick to form Germany. For some reason, its already my core! I must have had a boundary dispute with them at some point. Nice!
EU3_16.jpg

They've amassed a truly terrifying coalition to oppose me... NOT!
Lodewijk: Bwahahaha!
EU3_17.jpg

Yea! The last province for Germany!
EU3_19.jpg

The fair-weather friend and HREmperor, Riga, is vassalized.
EU3_21.jpg

Lodewijk: How do you like me now! Do we have "favorable relations?"

Interesting.
EU3_22.jpg

Adviser: My Liege, the Counter Reformation has ended.
EU3_24.jpg

Lodewijk: What? Says who?
Adviser: Well, everyone, I suppose. Its just over. Thats it.
Lodewijk: I'm the Emperor of this country!! I say when one of our policies is over!
Adviser: But, its already finished...
Lodewijk: What do you mean "finished?" There are still protestants and reformed people in our land! They need to be converted (otherwise they'll just keep rebelling and trying to join Mainz or some stupid little country like that) No the Counter Reformation is NOT over because I say it isn't. And thats final.
Adviser: Ummm... ok, I guess, but we won't get any extra missionaries or any of the other benefits anymore.
Lodewijk: Hmmm... I know! You can be a missionary now!
Adviser: ...
Lodewijk: Well, what are you waiting for? What kind of crappy missionary are you? Get out there and convert some heretics before I behead you!

Albanian Diplomat: Sire, our nation has been attacked by the Moldavians!
EU3_26.jpg

Lodewijk: Excelent! Thanks for letting me know. Two tiny little nobodies fighting to the death! This will be great fun to watch! Somebody get me some popcorn.
Albanian Diplomat: Excuse me Your Majesty, but aren't you going to help us?
Lodewijk: What? Why would I do that?
Albanian Diplomat: You did guarantee our independence.
Lodewijk: Oh... what country are you from again?
Albanian Diplomat: Albania.
Lodewijk: *searching his map of Europe* Albania... Albania... Albania... Did you just make that up?
Albanian Diplomat: Its right here Sire, near Greece.
Lodewijk: Ah, so it is. Wow, thats one junky little country!
Albanian Diplomat: ...
Lodewijk: I can see why you can't handle this yourself.
Albanian Diplomat: ...
Lodewijk: Well I guess a guarantee is a guarantee. I suppose we have to help you.
Albanian Diplomat: ... Thank you. *walks out*
Lodewijk: Funny, he didn't seem too grateful.

Lodewijk: There, we solved your problem for you.
EU3_30.jpg

Now, to get the rest of France back...
EU3_33.jpg

Thanks.
EU3_36.jpg

Bonus!
EU3_37.jpg

And thank you.
EU3_38.jpg

Ok, now I just have to wait for some of those to re-core, and I'll be ready to re-form France by 1681.
EU3_39.jpg

Lodewijk: We've finally united France!
Adviser: Isn't that what people have been asking your family to do since 1399? You've only just gotten around to it now?
Lodewijk: You know, I almost got through an entire update without beheading someone... almost.

You should start doing some tidying up in the middle east so that the final part of the aar can be smoother without you having to wait for all those cores. The middle east is a total mess, better annexing the poor basterds into your enlightened rule!

I agree with mayorqw. Conquer as much of the Middle East as possible without losing French as your primary culture.

Awesome AAR so far! Also, nice Lincoln Park reference:D.

Great update! Nice to see another couple of nations ready for forming when provinces core.

Yeah, I've got by far the largest income in the world. Does that event only look at what NIs you have?

Yeah, as stupid as that is. If you're a big Latin nation you'll get hit with it unless you have at least one of QFTNW and Colonial Ventures. Even if you have a huge conquered colonial empire. And even if you colonize everything in the world and then switch out the idea/s you'll start getting it.

Hm but with colonies you get the events like People fleeing into colonies which aren't any better.

Oh and for Russia, I'm almost sure you DON'T need St.Petersburg/St.Annesburg/Neva because it is totally unimportant:D I think you need Moscow, Novgorod, than Tver and Yaroslavl or Chernigov and Smolensk or Nijni Novgorod and Vladimir

Great couple of updates. Nice to see Oyo have turned into perfidious blaggards in your game. CS at his best!

As you may have noticed from my shiny new icon, I just got HttT and I've been trying it out a bit. I made a copy of my IN game (including all my saves) before I installed it, so this AAR will go on. I'm determined to see it through or die trying! Updates might get a bit less frequent though...

mayorqw: Good idea. Time is starting to get pretty short. I was looking at the decision to form the Byzantine Empire and it looks like you don't actually need any cores to form it, you just need to own the provinces, so that might be helpful in finishing on time.

dinofs: Yea, that will be the trick, there are LOTS of Persian culture provinces that I'll have to take to destroy Persia.

zagoroth: Thanks, I'm glad people noticed the reference!

Malurous: Oh, well that makes my next move look kind of dumb...

vitek69: Yeah, I was looking at the decision file for Russia, it seems a little strange that you don't need St. Petersburgh, but I guess it wasn't really an important place until after Russia had formed.

morningSIDEr: Lol, the Stuarts are just too cowardly and incompetent to be confined to one man's AARs! I don't actually expect anyone to honor my call to arms anymore, because I'm so universally hated.

I'm sorry for leaving you all hanging durring the middle of a war. The truth is, I had forgotten I even was at war. The only country left in the war was Aragon, who had just been fighting my vassals fleets and leaving me alone completely.

Lodewijk: Well, I'm feeling like its time for a good war. Where should we go next?
Jester: Shouldn't we finish up the war we're already in first?
Lodewijk: Wait, I thought that war was over.... who left? Oh, I forgot about Arag- .... Wait a minute, where's my adviser?!?
Jester: You had him beheaded my Liege.
Lodewijk: Yes yes, I know, but usually a new one would have appeared by now.
Jester: I'm afraid we're having a hard time finding replacements. You see, no one wants to be your adviser anymore. The last few were death row prisoners that we offered the choice between dying and serving as your adviser, but most of them chose death.
Lodewijk: Why, whats wrong with being my adviser, you get to hang out here at the palace, give me stupid advice, say something stupid, and then get executed. Not a bad job all in all.
Jester: ...
Lodewijk: So I guess you're kind of like my substitute adviser then? Until they can find me a new permanent one.
Jester: NO NO! Nothing like that! I'm just a court jester!
Lodewijk: Well, you're not very entertaining...
Jester: :mad: :eek: :eek: :(
Lodewijk: Guard, collect this man's head and add it to the royal collection. Oh and tell the Grand Marshal to ship some of his Spanish forces down into Africa to take Aragon's capitol.
EU3_42.jpg

So I took this colony to see if it would prevent the "National Decline" events from firing, but apparently it won't.
EU3_43.jpg

Lodewijk: Hey look everyone! We have a colony now too!
Spain: Aw crap! We moved over here to get away from them!
Portugal: Great, there goes our summer homes!
Sweden: Bad enough that they're invading our homeland, now they chase us over here.
Lodewijk: Hmm, well I like the beaches and palm trees and whatnot, but the neighbors are all jerks!

The CB is that they were being such terrible neighbors.
EU3_46.jpg

They also hold Halland, which obviously should be part of the Netherlands. Oh... thats not part of Holland? Oh well.

Wow, thats quite an alliance.
EU3_47.jpg

They have almost half as many troops as me and over half as many ships! Impressive. Most impressive.

This could very well be the worst defeat in the history of the empire.
EU3_48.jpg

10000 losses on our side, almost 900 losses on their side. OUCH!

Province was quickly vassalized and Brunswick was annexed.

Troops from all over Europe swarm Poland once again.
EU3_53.jpg

Lodewijk: My family's nemesis will finally be destroyed!

Well, severely weakened, at least.
EU3_54.jpg

I cut off Sweden's capitol, but I doubt they will move it.
EU3_55.jpg

I've never seen that before. An Orthodox Iraq! :rofl:
EU3_57.jpg

Lodwijk: I hereby proclaim that awesome!

I need Tver.
EU3_58.jpg

For some reason, Portugal decided it was somehow their business what goes on in Russia. Stupid busybody, mind your own business!

Not that they could have possibly prevented the inevitable outcome.
EU3_62.jpg

Oh no, the awesome nation of Orthodox Iraq is under attack, we must help them!
EU3_64.jpg

The Byz continue to fall.
EU3_69.jpg

This is almost identical to what happened in real life, except coming from the West rather than the East.

It looks like Norway will have to die. I need their capitol and there's nowhere they would move it.
EU3_72.jpg

I forced Portugal to release the Iroquois and the Huron. They are released as interesting Catholic nations, with their native cultures as the primary culture, but all their provinces are Portuguese.
EU3_74.jpg

I'm moving into Persia!
EU3_76.jpg

Greece! Your back! And in the same spot too.
EU3_78.jpg

Finally my Prussian lands core!
EU3_79.jpg

But just before the war in Persia ended, poor Lodwijk dies. He leave behind a legacy of war and beheaded advisers for his son, Willem.
EU3_80.jpg

Wait wait, Willem? Isn't that missing an "i"? No, wait that would make it Williem, which isn't right either... Maybe Lodwijk was drunk when he named him. Or he was just crazy, yea, its probably that. His own name was Lodwijk, after all.

Anyway, so it is Willem that signed the peace deal with the Persians, forcing them to give up a large chunk of their homeland.
EU3_81.jpg

And Willem was the one who changed the empire into Prussia:
EU3_82.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the maps:
All of the NA natives are free, Portugal apparently never bothered to annex the Cherokee, Creek, or Shawnee. Portugal, Poland, Austria, and Lithuania are the only European powers left worth mentioning besides Prussia. Cornwall has a little colonial empire in Greenland and Canada. If you look really close, there are actually two different tan-ish yellow nations over in Eastern Africa one is Madurai (an Indian nation :wacko:), I think the other is Mutapa or something like that.
EU3_MAP_PRU_1650114_1.jpg

Prussia is the dominant force in the world. No one else compares.
EU3_MAP_PRU_1650114_2.jpg

Nice work! Remember to take all the awesome Prussian decisions now! Actually, do the bonuses from those remain after you change nations? If so, your armies will be even more invincible soon.