• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
England - Great Britain? yawn :p

I just noticed something!
I thought you can form Greece? :confused:
Or is it just popular belief?

I just noticed something!
I thought you can form Greece? :confused:
Or is it just popular belief?

You can't. Greece is a revolter only.

The only nation forming that isn't covered here is Manchu, and that's only available to Ming.

Great work. On to becoming British! :)

@Malurous: Yes, tracking down all of Spain's colonies all over Africa and the Americas would have been a real pain, especially given my extremely limited knowledge of the New World. Too bad about forming Manchu being a Ming-specific mission, that would have been a great way to end this AAR.

@theconfusedone: Well, yea, England to GB is boring but really going to Italy then back to GB would have been a major pain and at worst would have added another 50 year wait.

@JDMS, MizarNX, Krokerik: Thanks guys. More lunacy to come!

@Rizulica: I wonder, could I just add in the decision file for Romania? Or did decision files change when they brought out HttT so as not to be compatible with IN?

@gll25: No, it is not possible to form Brazil via decision. It has to revolt from an existing country or be released in a peace deal once its cores appear.

@Rizulica: I wonder, could I just add in the decision file for Romania? Or did decision files change when they brought out HttT so as not to be compatible with IN?

You might be able to, but there have been province changes, so some of the provinces may need to be changed in the decision. Try it, the worst that can happen is your game will crash :)

Having achieved a massive victory over Austria and fulfilled his father's dream of becoming England. Turlough looked over a map of his glorious empire. He smiled as he saw that all the richest lands of England, France, Italy, and the Netherlands were under his control... except...

Turlough: Adviser! What is the meaning of this tiny little brown spot here?

Adviser: That is the Kingdom of Friesland. Its a sovereign member nation of the Holy Roman Empire, and quite a wealthy nation, despite its small size. Their leader King Albrecht-

Turlough: I don't want a tourist's guide! I want to know why its a blasphemously independent little state when it should rightfully be part of my realm!

Adviser: What exactly makes it rightfully ours?

Turlough: Oh I'm sure we can find something...
EU3_1.jpg

Turlough: These documents clearly show that Friesland is, has been, and always shall be a part of England.

Frieslandian Diplomat: What?!? How can that be? England has never had any interaction with Friesland, in fact, England hasn't even existed most of the past hundred years! Let me see those documents!

Turlough: Oh, um... well, you see, these aren't actually the documents that I was referring to, this is actually just my shopping list. But we've got the documents, don't you doubt that!

Frieslandian Diplomat: I know, lets take this before the Emperor. I'm sure he can come up with a solution that will suit both of us.

Turlough: I have a better idea! Consider this a declaration of war.

Frieslandian Diplomat: The Empire will not stand for this! You'll be sorry!

Turlough: HA! The Emperor is the King of Anhalt! What can he do?
EU3_2.jpg

An immediate election was called and Friesland pulled in a strong sympathy vote. But their control over the Empire was extremely short lived.
EU3_3.jpg

Turlough: Oh yes, the mighty Holstein will save you! Yes, lets all vote for them! They can stop the English armies for sure! Ha!

Thats the last province I need for the Netherlands. 50 years from now I'll be Dutch!

Turlough: You know what I think is annoying? Castile. And Aragorn too, but mostly Castile. We need to crush Castile, we don't want a huge do-gooder trying to force us to be all peaceful and play nice with all the little kids. Look at them down there; between Castile and Aragorn they've guaranteed half of Europe!

Adviser: You do know its Aragon, not Aragorn, right?

Turlough: Yes, yes, of course, but Aragorn sounds so much cooler, don't you think? Its like the name of some awesome action hero! 'I'm Aragorn, the true king of Gonder!'

Adviser: ... Yes?

Turlough: Excelent! You begin work on a backstory (I know! Make it about a bunch of funny little short people!) and I'll start preparing for war with Aragorn! *In a deep, booming voice* Aragorn! I am the evil dark lord! I'm coming for you!

Adviser: ... I need a new job.

EU3_5.jpg

Aragon is a powerful enough nation, but without the help of their Castilian allies, they were no match for the full force of the English armies.

My fleet fights its first ever significant naval battle, and my vassals don't even mention that I was there!
EU3_7.jpg

The Provincial and Nepalese sailors must have gone around braging at all the bars after this battle, "Yeah, it was just us out there, alone and outnumbered, but we managed to crush the entire Aragonese fleet! We sent every one of their ships to the bottom!"

An English sailor comes in, "Wait, what! You weren't alone! We were there too!"

Provincial sailor: Yeah, well, you guys showed up there at the very end, don't try to take credit for it now!

English sailor: What!?! You were losing before we showed up! Almost all the big ships in the battle were ours! You all just sailed around in your little galleys shooting arrows!

To give credit where credit is due, Province did take the Baleares. While I took the rest of Aragon.
EU3_8.jpg

Ah, victory!
EU3_9.jpg

It looks like I'm probably going to have to wipe Aragon out in order to get Barcelona.

In other news:
EU3_10.jpg

I guess these two provinces aren't technically touching, so the Byz are allowed to have two rich CoTs right next to each other.

Now for the real target.
EU3_12.jpg

Despite their impressive army size, Castile doesn't prove to be much of a challege. Their army is scattered throughout the world, they have significant forces in North Africa and the New World. The vast majority of Portugal's forces are in the Americas, so they're not really much help either.

What few troops Castile can throw together are crushed by the heavy English cavalry and their hordes of vassals.
EU3_13.jpg

Portugal asks for white peace, which is accepted. If they want to go off frolicking in the New World, thats no concern to England.

Castile is utterly crushed, yet their king stubbornly hold out, hoping that others European leaders will hear of his plight and send aid.

Turlough: That stupid, stubborn Castilian king! Thats it, I'm going to storm the castle and tell him what I think of him in person! Come on men! Charge!

A regency council is called shortly after to decide what is to be done with Turlough's throne.
EU3_17.jpg

Councilman 1: Well, the king didn't have any sons and neither of his daughters have any sons yet. Perhaps we should search for some other relative?

Councilman 2: Turlough didn't have any brothers, and Luis killed most of his relatives. If we were to find a relative, his claim would be quite weak.

Councilman 1: Maybe this is a good opportunity for Engla- ... for France! We can finally free ourselves from the insane tyranny of the MacBourbons! Perhaps we could institute some sort of republic.

Councilman 2: Hmm, an interesting proposal, I think we should all sleep on it and meet again tomorrow.

The next morning, Councilman 1 is found mysteriously decapitated. Plans to ditch the MacBourbon dynasty are promptly dropped.

The new Regency Council makes peace with the Castilians who had finally given up hope of being aided by any of their friends.
EU3_25.jpg

The Regency Council searches the English lawbooks and comes up with a truly insane solution.
EU3_26.jpg

What!?! This is seriously straining my very, very limited abilities as a writer!

Well, I guess if the Pope approves...
EU3_27.jpg

A group of nobles gathers in London for an explanation.

Noble 1: What do you a woman Emperor?!? What do you even call that? A Femperor?

Councilman: We've looked into it and our linguists have decided to call Her Royal Highness the Empress.

Noble 2: Well, thats all well and good, but you can't actually expect us to believe that a woman can rule the county! Surly she will just be a figurehead for a council of nobleMEN or something of that sort.

Councilman: No, no. Its English law. In the absence of any male heirs with a solid claim to the throne a daughter of the King shall inherit the title.

Noble 1: Utter lunacy! Who would have brought such an insane law upon us?

Councilman: Well, I suppose it was all part of the package when we became England. So I suppose its all Turlough's fault, really.

Noble 2: What about Mary? Could she be convinced to abdicate in favor of someone more... ah... experienced, shall we say, at leading a nation?

Mary: *Entering the council room* And who would you suggest? You? I though not. And thats Empress Mary from now on.

*All rise and awkwardly look at each other, then, following the Councilman's lead, they bow to their new monarch*

Councilman: Your Highness! What an unexpected pleasure this is. What brings you to our humble council meeting this morning?

Mary: I have new ideas for how our nation will be run from now on. My father, Turlough, introduced some truly innovative governing practices when he instituted this glorious English Empire, but I wonder if he didn't take them quite far enough.

Noble 1: What did you have in mind?
EU3_30.jpg

And so the glorious British Empire was founded!

The Castilians rejected Mary's claim on the throne, calling it totally ridiculous. They pointed out Henry de Navarre, the former King of Navarre, who had fled to Castile when Aragon annexed his homeland, was next in line due to a royal marriage that France had had with Navarre back in the Dark Ages.

Bickering between the two nations over that issue as well as the British being in possession of much of the Castilian homeland eventually led to a reopening of hostilities between Britain and Castile.

Castile was once again joined by their allies the Portuguese. This time, it was decided that the Portuguese wouldn't be let off so easily. They would be punished for their support of Castile.

With Castile's armies scattered across the world and Portugal's forces still mostly in the New World, British forces cut through the Portuguese royal guard and sacked Lisbon. The Portuguese decided to cut their losses and surrendered.
EU3_37.jpg

British armies cut deep into Castilian territory, but the Castilians simply retreated over the straight to North Africa.
EU3_38.jpg

The British navy was forced into action once agian. They secured the Straight of Gibraltar, stripping control of the vital straight from the Castilian navy for the first time in centuries. Suddenly, British forces could swarm across and assault the Castilians in their desert refuge.

However, just as victory was within reach, Great Britain was rocked by news of their Empress' untimely death. Speculation ran wild that the Castilians had assassinated Her Magisty in hopes of ending the war by placing de Navarre on the throne. However, the nobles of Great Britain were outraged at the possibility of Castile being involved in the Empress' death and unanimously agreed that Mary's sister, Anne should be crowned.
EU3_40.jpg

Henry de Navarre was captured by British forces storming a Castilian stronghold in North Africa and forced to renounce his claim on the English throne forever.

Faced with utter defeat, the Castilian king was forced to give up more swaths of their homeland to the British.
EU3_42.jpg

Oh dear, I've crossed the BB limit. I usually try to avoid doing that, because it makes the AI ridiculously stupid.
EU3_43.jpg

Serbia was getting kinda big anyway.
EU3_47.jpg

Well, I guess I've got to let the BB cool off for a while, or this will turn into a world conquest and we don't want that! See you all next time!

Last edited:
Ah, full steam ahead acquiring needed future cores :) Nicely done.

Seems that the women of the family are a softer lot? I'd assume any of the male rulers would have beheaded someone for the kind of comments the noblemen made.

Looking at unifications that can be seen now, the Friesland core for Netherlands will take almost 30 years, but you should have the required Italian cores real soon and of course the French ones since the beginning. So, you should be able to become Italy by 1590. Really nice. Aragon and Castille should take about two wars each.

How do you plan to go for the next ones? Will you go straight for the Prussian lands to become Prussia as quickly as possible, or through Germany, staying as Spain longer and becoming Prussia and Germany in pretty much one go?

You'd first have to remove NOT = { tag = HRE } from the potential field in the decision file, because the HRE wasn't formable in IN.
Then you'd have to copy the common/countries/ file, add
RMN = "countries/romania.txt"
to the countries.txt file, and copy the history/countries/ file, plus the flag of course, and the localisation file.
Afterwards, I think you know the drill :rolleyes:

Good work. :)
What's next, the Netherlands?

Very nicely done! There's not really anyone who can challenge you anymore. I assume that next you'll be forming the Netherlands?

netherlands have like 5 provinces so you'll have to release england as vassal :D
you'll end having a bunch of useful vassals :D

Good stuff, intelligent move to annex Friesland early on, King Sybot usually has me wary of the small yet powerful nation these days.

Good to see you're preparing in advance for later switches. With enough planning getting to the end should be possible.

Good stuff, intelligent move to annex Friesland early on, King Sybot usually has me wary of the small yet powerful nation these days.

One day we will return! :D

@Malurous
Seems that the women of the family are a softer lot? I'd assume any of the male rulers would have beheaded someone for the kind of comments the noblemen made.
That is a problem, but maybe Mary just didn't last long enough to let the power get to her head. We'll see if Anne can't return the family back to the Dark Side, where they belong.

I'm planning on going straight for Prussia once I'm done with this side of Europe. I need to take down Poland soon.

@Rizulica: I think I'll just stick with the nations in IN then.

@JDMS: First Italy, I still have some time to wait for the core on Friesland.

@dinofs: Poland is quite powerful, but no they couldn't really challenge me any more.

@sprites: There are 7 Dutch-cultured provinces in the game, 2 of them are in Branbant, so I'll have to annex them soon.

@morningSIDEr: Good thing I got them before they had a chance to form Greater Friesland, otherwise I'd have been sunk.

@Sybot: Planning is not this dynasty's strong point, but I'm pretty confident I'll finish in time.
One day we will return!
Is this a prediction or a request? :cool: