Unhandled Exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION), craches

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe it makes sense to change the in-game language to English?
By all means give it a try, if that helps there is a localisation bug here I guess.
And you could not drop the save after a couple of years in the game, maybe let it go?
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking me to do here - can you clarify?

By all means give it a try, if that helps there is a localisation bug here I guess.

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking me to do here - can you clarify?

Sorry for the bad English.
I mean you could download and run my save. Unpause the game and wait a few years in the game. Then it will be saved. And send me a save here with an attached message. I only have this hope.

And I hope you get my idea :)

Or can you advise me to do something about this error? Updated windows, drivers, reinstalled the game, disabled cloud saving. Something else?

Well as that save crashes on your machine and not mine it pretty much has to be some local issue.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test that problem save again

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

Well as that save crashes on your machine and not mine it pretty much has to be some local issue.

- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox/CK3 folders
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

Doesn't work for me. Can you try my save file too. please? I attached logs from last crash also.

Attachments

• last_save.ck3
    69,2 MB · Views: 0
  • debug.log
    30 KB · Views: 0
  • exception.txt
    1,4 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    290 bytes · Views: 0
  • game.log
    54,6 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    627 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:

It didn't help ... Did everything as you said.

Attachments

• exception.txt
    1,4 KB · Views: 0
  • last_save.ck3
    12,6 MB · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
    602 bytes · Views: 0
  • minidump.dmp
    25,7 MB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    3,2 KB · Views: 0
  • debug.log
    43,8 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    1,9 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    58,5 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    628 bytes · Views: 0
Doesn't work for me. Can you try my save file too. please? I attached logs from last crash also.
It didn't help ... Did everything as you said.
Can we get a new dxdiag.txt from both of you please? This is to see if you have something in common such as a particular video driver. Thanks.

You are both using the latest nVidia driver, but that can't be it as so am I and half or more of the rest of the user base.

I see you both use Russian in Windows, are you both using Russian in the game? Does switching it to English help? I did hear the Russian localisation is not very good ...

You are both using the latest nVidia driver, but that can't be it as so am I and half or more of the rest of the user base.

I see you both use Russian in Windows, are you both using Russian in the game? Does switching it to English help? I did hear the Russian localisation is not very good ...

I have already tried to change the localization as I wrote above. When you switch the language and load this save, nothing changes.

Nothing changes with switching to English. And yes, russian localization is quite bad.

Hmm. Maybe Windows being in Russian ... ? Doesn't seem likely I know, but is that something could test? There must be some difference between your setups and mine doing this!

Hmm. Maybe Windows being in Russian ... ? Doesn't seem likely I know, but is that something could test? There must be some difference between your setups and mine doing this!

Okay, I've already scored. I started a new company, now the flight is normal. I hope this does not happen again.

Changing the OS language is overkill.