• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander-DK

General
26 Badges
Sep 30, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
Navies and airforce elements can operate in Aggressive, Defensive or Passive stance and on priorities 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Can anyone please explain the consequence of these options? 'Cause I can detect absolutely no difference in how my units behave (but perhaps that is because I micro-manage?)

Thanks! :)

stances determine how badly the units have to be damaged before they cancel a mission. I'm not sure about the actual percentages, but aggressive (5% strength left) is the most dangerous and should only be used when opposition is minimal (strat bombing when air superiority is guaranteed, for instance).
priorities? I assume they have to do with reserves taking over, but that never worked before (although is should with FtM)

Navies and airforce elements can operate in Aggressive, Defensive or Passive stance and on priorities 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Can anyone please explain the consequence of these options? 'Cause I can detect absolutely no difference in how my units behave (but perhaps that is because I micro-manage?)

Thanks! :)

Aggressive will continue the mission to a minimum strength or org of 5% (this often results in lost units if the last hit they take does, for example, 10% damage)
Defensive will continue to a minimum of 30%
Passive minimum is 60%

As someone else said, the priorities determine which unit at a given port or airfield will receive reserve units. Unfortunately the reserve mission has not worked since 1.0, but it is said that it will be fixed with FTM.

Aggressive_organisation_limit = 0.05, (5%)
defensive_organisation_limit = 0.3, (30%)
passive_organisation_limit = 0.6, (60%)
aggressive_strength_limit = 0.05, (5%)
defensive_strength_limit = 0.3, (30%)
passive_strength_limit = 0.6, (60%)

Aggressive_organisation_limit = 0.05, (5%)
defensive_organisation_limit = 0.3, (30%)
passive_organisation_limit = 0.6, (60%)

aggressive_strength_limit = 0.05, (5%)
defensive_strength_limit = 0.3, (30%)
passive_strength_limit = 0.6, (60%)

Wow, I always thought it was only strength that the stances considered. I didn't realise that it was affected by organisation percentage levels as well.

Also I thought it operated on the average of the stack, not on the basis of individual units so your stack of planes or fleet will only stop fighting when the average reaches the percentage thresh hold. In those circumstances you can expect that a lot of units will be lost if the average has to get to 5%, probably most of an air stack or fleet. A large stack or fleet might also lose units as it gets to 30% so be careful.

Anyway, to the OP; most players never use the aggressive stance with their planes and ships, I never ever do, since it is a guaranteed way to lose more units than you should.

Personally, with small stacks of 2-4 units I use defensive stance which means my air stacks and submarines, but for surface ships I use passive stance to save some of them hopefully. (I'm not good with my surface navy.)

I'd preffer
Aggressive_organisation_limit = 0.10,
defensive_organisation_limit = 0.25,
passive_organisation_limit = 0.50,
aggressive_strength_limit = 0.25,
defensive_strength_limit = 0.50,
passive_strength_limit = 0.75,

As, afkaik, low organisation has no negative effect on combat for air or naval units right?

---EDIT---
Thats a good question of Bürger, I assumed it was "OR"

Last edited:
Would prefer to have the stance looking for individual units in a formation. Currently it seems that the average str/org of a airwing or fleet determines to rest or continue the mission. With this units can get lost easily, even if on passive.
Related question: As of now does the engine check for org AND str to be under the specified values or do units start to rest if one of those is to low?

Status
Not open for further replies.