• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ziegler

Second Lieutenant
115 Badges
Aug 31, 2003
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris
  • Rome Gold
  • Pride of Nations
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
I was giving some thought to the mechanics of CK, and had a question to throw the way of modders with experience and knowledge of the game. Since I basically know nothing about modding, and how the mechanics of the game works, please do excuse me if my question is too far out there, but here goes:

Would it be possible to tie a COA to a dynasty instead of a county/dukedom/kingdom? So that the coat of arms would change depending on the dynasty that holds the title, and not the other way around with the coat of arms comes with the title, and not the dynasty.

I was giving some thought to the mechanics of CK, and had a question to throw the way of modders with experience and knowledge of the game. Since I basically know nothing about modding, and how the mechanics of the game works, please do excuse me if my question is too far out there, but here goes:

Would it be possible to tie a COA to a dynasty instead of a county/dukedom/kingdom? So that the coat of arms would change depending on the dynasty that holds the title, and not the other way around with the coat of arms comes with the title, and not the dynasty.

CoA are tied to the tags of the counties, duchies and kingdoms.

So what you want is not possible.

CoA are tied to the tags of the counties, duchies and kingdoms.

So what you want is not possible.
Are there copyright reasons for this ? I believe France has had laws confirmed by courts since at least the late 1800's that a coat of arms is owned just like a name is and commercial use without permission is illegal. The reason I ask is that modders might be in breach of the law in some countries. I noticed Paradox used the COA's of provinces which are public domain.

Are there copyright reasons for this ? I believe France has had laws confirmed by courts since at least the late 1800's that a coat of arms is owned just like a name is and commercial use without permission is illegal. The reason I ask is that modders might be in breach of the law in some countries. I noticed Paradox used the COA's of provinces which are public domain.

:confused:

No it has nothing to do with copyright issues. It is just impossible to do with the current game-engine.

Your CoA is tied to your primary title (county, duchy, kingdom) and not to your dynastie-name.