• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(6777)

Field Marshal
Dec 10, 2001
Will you be striving for as complete and accurate a series of historical events as possible, or are you going to dare to take the next breathtaking leap...

...the Intellingent Event Engine! *sound of a trumpet fanfare*

Imagine many of the events being created in real-game context, rather than either pre-scripted based on RW history or generated randomly. It could represent a rather major change from the philosposhy of EU's approach...

I would love to see a three-tier event system where you would still incorporate:

1- the "major events" that happen no matter what (i.e. Pope X calls for a crusade against the infidel in year Y)

2 - the "random events" that pop up occasionally to keep things lively (i.e. a drought occurs this summer in province Z and the harvest will be 1/4 the normal..Action A: Let 'em starve! [RR+5 for 12 mo, pop - 30%] Action B: Reduce the tithes and let some of 'em starve. [RR+2 for 12 mo, pop -5%, province power -20% for 12 mo] Action C: Send relief from the Crown to keep the poor people alive through the winter.[province power -80% for 12 mo, -100d])

3 - Generate event: Duke X dies without a direct line of succession. The closes claimants are: Y who has a a% claim to succeed him, or Z who has a b% claim to succeed him...who do you support? (the "insters" being in context with existing family trees stretching back over however many generations...)

Of course that might be just so hideously complex to code that it would be virtually impossible, or would slow the game to a crawl.