• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((1912))

((By unanimous decision, 1912 has been selected to be our new end-date. We can now proceed to go back to the game now. I will give you all another day to get bills and acts in before I call a vote.))

((I'm actually quite interested to see what happens if the NLP gets on the wrong side of the emperor. Just saying.:D))

Announcing the Ethnic and Cultural Groups Recognition Act:

1. The Ainu people will be recognized as an ethnic and cultural group.
2. The Korean people will be recognized as an ethnic and cultural group.
3. The Filipino people will be recognized as a cultural group.
4. Belonging to an ethnic and/or cultural group such as the ones listed above will not confer any rights, privileges, and benefits besides those which are already in place for said ethnic and cultural groups.
5. All Ainu, Koreans, and Filipinos must be at least competent in Japanese for ease of communications in official matters, though they may speak their native language at home.
6. Ainu, Koreans, and Filipinos wishing to serve in the armed forces will serve in segregated units commanded by Japanese officers.
7. The children of Japanese and Ainu/Korean/Filipino parents will be officially labeled as Ainu/Korean/Filipino and be treated as if they are full-blooded Ainu/Korean/Filipino.

I will also be resubmitting the Reform of Old-Age Welfare Act for consideration.

~Sakamoto Ryoma

自由民主党

Jiyū-Minshutō

Liberal Democratic Party of Japan

jp%7Dldp2.gif

Position: Centre-Left

Ideology/s: Liberal Conservatism, Pan-Asian Nationalism

Colours: Green & Purple

Free Trade | Interventionism | Pluralism | Limited Citizenship | Anti-Military

Following the ban of the Farmer-Labour Party and the Constitutional Democratic Party the National-Liberal Party was given almost complete control over the Imperial Diet, the Liberal Democratic Party aims to restore democracy in the Japanese Empire. The Jiyu-Minshuto, or Jiminto, supports the idea of pacifism but has conceded that it is sometimes necessary, for the safety of Japan and its people, for Japan to engage in warfare. The Jiminto is generally considered market liberal, it supports free trade between nations and promotes the idea of a ‘Free Asian Economic Market’. The Jiminto also believes that Capitalism is the way forward but accepts the need for the government to provide a safety net in case problems arise.

Founders:
Marquis Hajamoto Kiyotaka
Uesugi Mochinori
Murayama Kuri

((Private))

A courier delivers a letter to General Atakshir about the new Liberal Democratic Party.

"New party? It's a good thing we don't live in a democracy." Laughing, he returns to telling village children stories about the boogeyman Lord Mori, who goes around kidnapping children and drowning them in the tears of orphans.

Reactions:
Player Actions Needed: Please Vote on the Ethnic and Cultural Groups Recognition Act and the Reform of Old-Age Welfare Act

Ethnic and Cultural Groups Recognition Act: Yes/No/Abstain
Reform of Old-Age Welfare Act*: Yes/No/Abstain

*=Reform

[Specialty]
[Political Bonus]
[Economic Bonus]
[Bonus]

Political Bonuses:
TJDS: +2
EmperorBasilius: +2
Michaelangelo: +1

VP is 200,000 Yen per point of VP

Ethnic and Cultural Groups Recognition Act:Yes
Reform of Old-Age Welfare Act*:Yes

((Militarist))
((Bonus: NLP +0.5))

Although I would otherwise be reluctant to endorse such Bills, given the recent Imperial injunction to this Nation's government to reduce disharmony, the proposed legislation should be accepted as a means to the end of bringing the people of the Empire together and to attract the approval of His Divine Imperial Majesty.

As Commerce Minister, I would also seek to encourage the investment in factories in Korea and Luzon if the former of the 2 proposed Acts are passed, as a means of harnessing this untapped labour force.

Yamamoto Gonnohyoe
Count of Nagasaki

Kishiwada Zaibatsu projects: 1896

Destroy

Shikoku: Winery

Tohoku: Textile Factory, Winery

Open:

Kansai: Luxury Clothes Factory

Shikoku: Regular Clothes Factory

Expand:

Chubu: Glass Factory, Furniture Factory

Chugoku: Liquor Distillery

Hokkaido: Cement Factory, Fertilizer Factory

Kansai: Liquor Distillery, Glass Factory

Kanto: Paper Mill, Regular Furniture Factory

Kyushu: Fuel Factory, Liquor Distillery

Build:

Tohoku: Fuel Factory, Liquor distillery.

Shikoku: Machine Parts Factory

Ethnic and Cultural Groups Recognition Act: Yes
Reform of Old-Age Welfare Act*: Abstain

[Politician]
[Minister of Justice: +1VP]

I feel that forcing through reforms yet again will only cause more problems, not less. However, recognizing the various minorities in Nippon is welcome if it confers no visible advantages for them and means segregating them so they can be assimilated into proper Japanese citizens.

- Count Ito Masaki of Miyazaki, Minister of Justice

Reform of Old-Age Welfare Act*: Abstain

[Politician]

I feel that forcing through reforms yet again will only cause more problems, not less. However, recognizing the various minorities in Nippon is welcome if it confers no visible advantages for them and means segregating them so they can be assimilated into proper Japanese citizens.

((Not sure why I put abstain when I meant to put no. My bad. Fixed now. :p))

Reform of Old-Age Welfare Act*: No

[Politician]

Ministry of Education Tech Plan:

1. Romanticism

2. Business Regulations

3. Scientific Management

4. Business Banks

5. Collectivist Theory

6. Market Regulations