• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ezQP8zF.gif

Kim Ok-gun
Korean Biography Incoming At A Later Date

Reactions:
Kusaribe strokes his moustache, considering the copy of electoral results forwarded to him by the electoral commission.
This seemed suspect. Highly suspect. All indications had pointed to a very close race, but a 10% margin of victory for the opposition? No this was most unlikely.
An aid informed him that a number of districts had declared unnaturally late, and for the opposition.
This required further investigation.

I join My Lord Date in his calls for a full and thorough investigation of these results, that any slight against the will of the Japanese people may be exposed and condemned.

"The NLP complains about corruption yet it is public knowledge that they bribed thousands of voters. How laughable!"

The hypocrisy of the opposition knows no bounds it seems, unless they forgot Nagane Hidetoshi is one of their leading benefactors; they further seem to neglect the nuance between financing campaigns and stuffing ballot boxes. Granted, considering their flagrant inability to win fairly, or even to function as a coalition - need I remind anyone of the previous election's explosive end? - I suppose I should be more lenient... their mental faculties are apparently taxed enough already.

"The NLP complains about corruption yet it is public knowledge that they bribed thousands of voters. How laughable!"

The hypocrisy of the opposition knows no bounds it seems, unless they forgot Nagane Hidetoshi is one of their leading benefactors; they further seem to neglect the nuance between financing campaigns and stuffing ballot boxes. Granted, considering their flagrant inability to win fairly, or even to function as a coalition - need I remind anyone of the previous election's explosive end? - I suppose I should be more lenient... their mental faculties are apparently taxes enough.

If the Lord Date should make his case to extend his leadership through means of subversive conspiracy, perhaps the good Lord should be less agape about his acknowledgment of the distinctions behind finance ploys and ballot stuffing? Do we dare read this as a flaunt of expertise? Should we interpret his assertion as an unintended recognition of his grasp between the intricacies of these fraudulent actions?

I think it that the Lord Date has grown too accustomed and open about his deceits.

Reactions:
Prince Date looks at the Korean scribblings of some man of absolutely no import to him. He promptly ignores it.

Prince Date looks at the Korean scribblings of some man of absolutely no import to him. He promptly ignores it.
To my eyes, it appears that the late Lord Date has also lost his honor. Even a Korean projectile is too hard for the old man to chew! We should be well to dismiss his accusations for the senile ramblings that they most certainly are.

Prince Date, whilst still in Kyoto, finalises his draft for the upcoming Hokkaido campaign, as well as discusses various potential offences against the Russians with other senior officers; he then enters into correspondence with the various investigators his son has hired, as well as the Justice Ministry agents he's planning on relying on most. He then gets a strange desire to purge Chosen of dissidents - the moment passes quietly, and he resumes his work.

I expect the government to treat Lord Date as another elderly wanderer, hopelessly trying to stimulate his "potency."

Prince Date hears a dog yapping; it annoys him mildly. He shuts the window and returns to his work.

Prince Date hears a dog yapping; it annoys him mildly. He shuts the window and returns to his work.
I'm happy to report that the late Lord Date's hearing has also gone a bit sensitive.

Another indication that the elected government should ignore him and carry out their elected work.

I expect the government to treat Lord Date as another elderly wanderer, hopelessly trying to stimulate his "potency."

It is most certainly true. As I recall, in the United States, it was not uncommon for men who had been exposed to a great deal of lead over their lifetimes to become quite sick. If Lord Date would not mind coming to visit my clinic, I would gladly investigate and see if he is in proper health. It may be particularly effective for him to take a leave of rest, as is often the case with the elderly. May I suggest a vacation in Okinawa once the war is concluded? If Lord Date does express interest in visiting my clinic, however, I would warn him that a great many of the individuals who live in my part of Kyoto- well, perhaps it is best to say that they do not hold any appreciation whatsoever for a government that sees them as below their concern.

Dr. Satake Hiroshi, Deputy from Kyoto's Fourth Ward

It is most certainly true. As I recall, in the United States, it was not uncommon for men who had been exposed to a great deal of lead over their lifetimes to become quite sick. If Lord Date would not mind coming to visit my clinic, I would gladly investigate and see if he is in proper health. It may be particularly effective for him to take a leave of rest, as is often the case with the elderly. May I suggest a vacation in Okinawa once the war is concluded? If Lord Date does express interest in visiting my clinic, however, I would warn him that a great many of the individuals who live in my part of Kyoto- well, perhaps it is best to say that they do not hold any appreciation whatsoever for a government that sees them as below their concern.

I am very much encouraged that Dr. Hiroshi has been so kind as to suggest that he would be willing to show hospitality to Lord Date. It appears, in the evening of his days, that the substance of his consideration has been very much fractured. Perhaps it would be best to have a medical team go and pick him up? We do, of course, want to protect the children from any unpredictable actions.

I thank the good Doctor for his diagnosis; however, I have a personal physician who has assured me I'm quite healthy, indeed, he seems quite surprised at my vitality, and suspects I'll live quite a while longer (and in very good health, mind you). I would, however, suggest that you not take the ramblings of the Chosenese that seriously; they seem a poor people to regard in any seriousness, and they are of poor bearing and condition - not to mention the natural childish deviousness and low cunning they seem to possess. Granted, if you chose to make them your company, I wish you the best of luck in that regard.

~ Prince Date Munenari

I thank the good Doctor for his diagnosis; however, I have a personal physician who has assured me I'm quite healthy, indeed, he seems quite surprised at my vitality, and suspects I'll live quite a while longer (and in very good health, mind you). I would, however, suggest that you not take the ramblings of the Chosenese that seriously; they seem a poor people to regard in any seriousness, and they are of poor bearing and condition - not to mention the natural childish deviousness and low cunning they seem to possess. Granted, if you chose to make them your company, I wish you the best of luck in that regard.

~ Prince Date Munenari
I must report, to the general public, that the Prince Date has begun his official descent into madness. It would appear that he has claimed a personal physician, although I have heard reports from the local zoo that his "personal physician" was indeed an imported Mandarin Panda. I suggest the government act with urgency to help recover this national treasure from the deepest depths of insanity. I would ask the Dr. Satake to order an official mental sectioning of the elder Prince, with authorization from the government.

I must report, to the general public, that the Prince Date has begun his official descent into madness. It would appear that he has claimed a personal physician, although I have heard reports from the local zoo that his "personal physician" was indeed an imported Mandarin Panda. I suggest the government act with urgency to help recover this national treasure from the deepest depths of insanity. I would ask the Dr. Satake to order an official mental sectioning of the elder Prince, with authorization from the government.
I feel the utmost sympathy for the family of Lord Date. I hereby authorize Dr. Satake to bring this poor soul back to his senses! Effective once I take office.

[X] - Lord Mori Takachika, Prospective Prime Minister

While I can neither confirm nor deny the Korean's claims in regard to Lord Date's ursine companion, without any proper details or medical records in regard to this "personal physician," I must place a formal order that Lord Date attend an examination conducted by myself and an assistant. I am willing to travel to Tohuku, if such arrangements are more effective for the Lord's health and current occupations, as there is no doubt that issues of health in one of our nation's most important military officials would be a genuine cause for alarm.

Date scoffs at these madmen, writes to the Emperor saying, amongst other things, that such men should not be invited to lead the government, and promptly returns to Edo, his business in the capital done. He has far more important matters to attend to than to listen to banal chattering.

((Private))
Ryoma laughs silently at the madness that has consumed everybody around him. Well that escalated quickly...

Reactions:
The Opposition must now face the reality of Government. They may crow and boast over their victory but they will find their cries choke in their throats as they face the awful truth of their situation.

We are at war. A war which strikes at the very heart of our Empire. The great Prince Date and the NLP had withstood the first shock of battle and were in the process of reclaiming our lands from the treacherous British. Now the Lord Mori must decide whether he will follow the noble path of resistance of the great Prince Date, to follow in the footsteps of a better man, or to follow through with the craven policies of his party, to surrender meekly for fear of foreigners, to ignore 50 years of valour and honour by our armies since the last war with the British, to embrace cowardice and run from the battlefield.

Truly, the great Prince Date and the NLP may not have prevailed in the election, but they will prevail in history by emulation of our wise and brave policies by our foes, lest they face condemnation and derision by the Emperor and his subjects for selling out Japan for peace at any price.

Yamamoto Gonnohyoe
Count of Nagasaki

Reactions:
We now see how the Opposition, now to seemingly form a new government, truly are deep down. They finally achieve victory and the first thing they do is degrade the one they achieved victory over through false accusations of insanity. As someone who has dealt with such matters within my own family, throwing around such accusations cannot be taken lightly. It is a great insult to a man who has served Japan for years, and an insult to the Emperor who saw him fit to lead us. Does the Opposition question the Emperor's decision to let him serve as Prime Minister for so long? If everyone is so intend on examining Date's mental state, I suggest everyone suggesting it should also all undergo mental examinations. I assume they have nothing to fear if they are indeed healthy, although having the doctor diagnose them with being petty might be a shock to their pride.

Seeing as I still serve as Minister of Justice until the new Prime Minister comes to power, I formally call for an investigation of the election results. The fact that such rumours are widespread cannot be ignored. If such rumours prove false, I will accept their ascension to government with grace.

- Count Ito Masaki of Miyazaki

Reactions: