• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Private - Jiyudo))

As of right now both Lord Sakamoto are tied at two first preferences each. Lord Chosokame has not listed a second preference therefore the leadership election is in a deadlock. Since the deadline has been passed the next vote is the golden vote and will decide the election unless Lord Chosokame wishes to include a second preference.

Viewing his former party clapping for the National Liberals Hajamoto couldn't help but shudder, to think that he had once been a member of the group. Sullenly he slumped back in his seat, maybe it wasn't worth fighting against Date. He had given it his best shot, every force available had been mustered; perhaps now was the time to give in.

Proper Industrial and Personal Taxation Act: Yes

[No Political Bonus]
[No Bonus]

~ Hajamoto Kiyotaka

((Private - Jiyudo))

With the addition of Lord Chosokame's second preference we can now count the ballots.

First Round:
Lord Mori - 2
Lord Sakamoto - 2

Lord Chosokame - 1

Second Round:

Lord Mori - 3 Votes
Lord Sakamoto - 2 votes

Lord Mori is hereby declared Leader of the Jiyudo Party. The Deputy Leader shall be announced shortly.

- Lord Mori Takachika, Leader of the Jiyudo Party

Proper Industrial and Personal Taxation Act: No
[Economist]
[imperial victor +1VP]

Though I hold some concerns regarding the level of taxation during times of war, specifically related to its adequacy in funding our armed forces, I in general support this measure.

[Militarist]
[Masters of the Empire, +4; Constitutional Bonus, +1]

I do not believe this legislation is needed, for it limits future governments in their ability to rule, while their mandate may be no less legitimate than the current National Liberal-Kamikaze Government.

Lord Tanabe Shinzou,
His Divine Majesty's Ambassador to the German Empire,
Leader of the New Moderates and Member of Parliament for Wayakama

[Politician]

Proper Industrial and Personal Taxation Act: Abstain

[Minister of Justice: +1VP]

While I support banning the taxation of corporations, for they have helped the Japanese economy flourish and should not be hindered by the government, I fear that placing unnecessary restrictions on future levels of taxation is not such a good idea. We do not know what circumstances Nippon will face in the future that may warrant increased taxation. It would be wiser to not have a restriction and to continue as we do by voting against budgets proposing high taxation.

- Count Ito Masaki of Miyazaki, Minister of Justice

"What is your position on the new law submitted by Mr. Nagane?", asked the journalist. Tsukuda Hanako was an unusual sight in the world of Japanese journalism: a woman. Count Nishimura Masaru, a man who absorbed tradition from his father Hiroshi, looked at her with a slight grin on his face, a grin that was famous amongst the ladies.
"It hurts me but I must oppose the law as it is. Limited taxation and industrial freedom has always been mine, and my party's policy, but the way the law is written is... troubling. It hurts HIM's government's legitimacy and as such undermines the authority of His Imperial Majesty." He said and sipped from his cup of tea.
"Nishimura-dono, isn't it in the authority of the Imperial Diet, which is approved by His Imperial Majesty, to pass laws that would affect, or even limit the government? I do not see a breach of Imperial authority here", the girl isn't dumb, and very pretty, Masaru noticed, she might be worth some nights.
"There is a clear difference between the legislative branch, sanctioned by His Imperial Majesty, and the executive branch, headed by His Imperial Majesty," he said, "Besides, my deepest worry is that the law severely limits the ability of the government in case of war. As the Great Asian War proved - wars are costly and unfortunately taxes need to be raised in order to accelerate the victory of the Empire."
Tsukada wrote her notes on a piece of paper, looked at Masaru and smiled. "Thank you for your time, Your Lordship."
Masaru increased his smile's intensity and said: "Wait a moment. You questioned me, now let me ask you a few questions. What is a woman like you doing in such a man-dominated field?"
One thing led to another and
((private))
In the night, the servants had to pretend the sounds they heard was Masaru practicing his Katana maneuvers late in the night with the mistress.

---------------------------

[Minister of Finance: +2 VP]

~ Nishimura Masaru

Kusaribe examined the bill before him. Clearly the first provision wasn't worth the paper it was written on. The Diet could not bind itself, and any government capable of passing a budget with a corporate tax in it would be capable of striking this down.

As a statement of intent, the second provision seemed acceptable, especially as the third provision seemed to envision it being broken.

The third provision was most certainly worthy. Nippon needs men capable of making themselves, but how can they do that when taxed into the ground?

[Industrialist]

[Militarist]
[No Bonus]

We cannot envisage the trials ahead of Japan in the next few years let alone decades. I cannot support any legislative fetter which may come hinder our Nation in future crises. Let a government who unnecessarily raises taxes too high be judged by the electorate, and do not restrain a government which may be fighting for the life of its people.

Yamamoto Gonnohyoe
Count of Nagasaki

[Politician]

((Private- Jiyudo))

After careful consideration I hereby declare Marquis Uesugi Mochinori of Niigata the Deputy Leader of the Jiyudo Party.

On an unrelated note Unity & Honor has merged with the Jiyudo Party.

- Lord Mori Takachika, Leader of the Jiyudo Party

While I support banning the taxation of corporations, for they have helped the Japanese economy flourish and should not be hindered by the government, I fear that placing unnecessary restrictions on future levels of taxation is not such a good idea. We do not know what circumstances Nippon will face in the future that may warrant increased taxation. It would be wiser to not have a restriction and to continue as we do by voting against budgets proposing high taxation.

[Politician]

((Forgot my specialty. Must be the Ito family madness setting in. :p))

[Politician]
[Conqueror Legacy +3]

~Sakamoto Ryoma

His Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition

Leader of the Opposition: Lord Mori Takachika ((Qwerty7))
Shadow Deputy Prime Minister: Lord Uesugi ((Dadarian))
Shadow Secretary of Foreign Affairs: Lord Sakamoto ((Zenphoneix))
Shadow Minister of Defense: Lord Chosokame ((Luftwater))
Shadow Minister of Finance & Commerce: Nagane Hidetoshi ((Scrapknight))
Shadow Minister of the Interior, Education, and Agriculture: Lord Tanaka ((Andre Massena))
Shadow Minister of Justice: Otuma Makato ((LatinKaiser))
Shadow Secretary of Identity: Lord Uesugi ((Dadarian))

- Lord Mori Takachika, Leader of His Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition