• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Hi Naxhi. I couldn't find any screenshots with the last update. Could you send me the link or put up some screenies so I can work out whether I need to do anything. Thanks))

Budget of the Empire of Japan:
Taxes:

Poor: 75%
Middle: 75%
Rich: 75%
Expenses:
Stockpile:
Land: 25%
Naval: 30%
Construction: 30%
Other government expenses:
Education: 60%
Administration: 25%
Social spending: 100%
Military: 50%
Tariffs: 5%

Contingencies: First contingencies override later ones(for example Cont. I overrides II.).

Contingency I: Major Armed Conflict ((Wars, or large rebellions)) :
In case of the Empire of Japan engaging on, or is about to declare the belligerency in an armed conflict, domestically or internationally, the Land Stockpile would be immediately increased to 100%, and in the case the war requires the active participation of the Imperial Japanese Navy, the Naval Stockpile would also be increased to 100%. Such increasing spending would require to levy more taxes and lower expenses:

• Increase tariffs by 5% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Increase taxes by 10% on all strata until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease education spending by 10% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease Administrative spending by 10% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Increase tariffs again by 10% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Increase taxes by 10% on all strata until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease education spending by 10% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease Naval stockpile to 0% and immediately order all ships docked. Failing this:
    • Increase taxes on all strata until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease Land stockpile until balance is achieved, refrain from engaging in battle and immediately convene the Emperor and the cabinet.
When the conflict is over the budget will return to its pre-war status.

Contingency II: Deficit:
A. Standard deficit:
In case the Empire of Japan has taken more than 1000 in debt, changes would be made to the budget to achieve balance:

• Increase taxes by 5% on all strata until balance is achieved. Failing this
    • Increase taxes by 5% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Unless an important construction project is underway, decrease construction by 25% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease education by 10% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease administrative spending by 10% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease military funding by 5% util balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Increase tariffs by 10% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Increase taxes by 5% until balance is achieved.
After a steady surplus is achieved, begin reverting the contingency's policies in a reverse order((decrease taxes by 5, decrease tariffs by 10, increase military by 5 etc.)) until the budget is again normal.
B. Major International Debt:
In the case that the steps taken to fix the standard deficit problem have failed, and the Empire of Japan has taken extreme amounts of loans and is fearing bankruptcy, the following drastic steps would be taken to fix the issue: (those apply in addition to the standard deficit policies))

• Decrease administrative spending by 10% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease education by 20% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Decrease military funding by 10% until balance is achieved. Failing this:
    • Increase taxes until balance is achieved.
After a steady surplus is achieved and most debts have been payed, begin reverting the contingency's policies in a reverse order.

Contingency III: Surplus:
A. Regular:
In case the Empire of Japan is running on a steady surplus of at least 150, changes would be made to the budget:

• Increase education by 10%. In case a steady surplus still exists:
    • Decrease taxes for all strata in 5% increments until they reach 50%, keep decreasing each increment as long a steady surplus still exists. In case a steady surplus still exists:
    • Increase military funding by 10%. In case a steady surplus still exists:
    • Decrease taxes for all strata by 10%.
B. Construction project:
In case the Empire of Japan is undergoing a construction project important on the national level, which may be the recruitment and training of soldiers, the building of naval ships or infrastructures, and is running on a steady surplus, priority will be given to increasing Construction funding to 100% until the important project is finished.

~Count Nishimura Masaru of Fukuoka, Minister of Finance

Player Actions Needed: Vote on the Military Provision and Aid Act of 1887, the State Hospital Act of 1887, the Military Dignity Act of 1887, the Spiritual Welfare of the Empire Act, and the Budget. Privy Council should also vote on awarding Nobunage Tadakaka with the Order of the Precious Crown and the Medal of Honor. I will be doing an IC about the proposal to make Date Generalissimo later.

Military Provision and Aid Act of 1887**: Yes/No/Abstain
State Hospital Act of 1887: Yes/No/Abstain
Military Dinity Act of 1887: Yes/No/Abstain
Spiritual Welfare of the Empire Act: Yes/No/Abstain
Budget:

[Specialty]
[Political Bonus]
[Economic Bonus]
[Bonus]

((For Privy Council Only))
Award Nobunage Tadakaka with OPC and Medal of Honor: Yes/No/Only [Insert OPC or MH]/Abstain

[Nobility Rank]

**=Forced Reform

Political Bonuses:
Michaelangelo: +1
EmperorBasilius: +2

Economist Lobbying Price: 32,000 Yen per VP (Election VP does not carry over here)

Voting Ends Sunday at 9:00 PM EST or Monday at 1:00 AM GMT

Last edited:
Plan of Ministry of War 1887

We shall keep the same plan as last year.

((I hope that gives me like a week to figure out what is good in Vic 2 :oops:))

((Naxhi, what happened to FH's position as Chief Justice?))

((Anyone want to join a Fascist/reactionary party contact me
Secular/Protectionism/state capitalism/ jingoism/ residency)

((Yes, anyone who wants to help keep the NLP in power for the next hundred years should contact you.))

((Yes, anyone who wants to help keep the NLP in power for the next hundred years should contact you.))

((If you quit the game, you shouldn't be snarky OOC))

((Meh
Tempest does have plans to create a new character, just not at this moment. I would ask to keep your comments to a minimal though Tempest since people get upset when people who are not playing the game comment on everything))