• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I must announce my fathers ailing health, and due to that his wish is to remain out of the public view for the remainder of his life.
As such I, Ito Chosokame will be taking his place as head of the household

((Class is politician so after the next update I will take my wealth, sell my industry and buy a viscountship? Or a baroncy))

I don't feel that this is the correct thing to do,while we must free our Asian brothers we mustn't anger the Europeans, who are powerful.

So I cast a nay vote on this proposal, as it will just cause unnecessary hardship for the Japanese people

((Mil mechanic yay
POP mechanic nay))

((I'm still technically Akio so I don't have to sell yet but I don't get voting bonuses))

I am saddened to hear of your father's ailing health, he is a patriotic man and I much admire his desire to support our military through industry. It is paramount that our troops receive the supplies they need, and I would therefore like to offer you a sum of £45,587 for your two factories, that they may continue their production in safe hands.

- Kusaribe

I agree to your price my friend, my father thanks you for this. He is happy to know that the factories will carry on providing goods to our soldiers even after he has passed away.

Declare War on Spain (Motion): Yes

[Minister of War: +2VP]
[Imperial Victor: +1VP]

- Count Ito Katashi of Miyazaki, Minister of War

((
MIL Mechanic: Yes
POP Mechanic: Yes

You may want to check with some of the parties about which ideology they are if we implement the last one since I seem to remember the NLP and FP swapping places or something.))
Declare War on Spain (Motion): Yes

[Politician]
[Minister of War: +2VP]

- Count Ito Katashi of Miyazaki, Minister of War

((
MIL Mechanic: Yes
POP Mechanic: Yes

Just realized I forgot to write politician with my vote. Fixed.))

Prince Date laughs heartily when he learns that the proposed "protest opposition" had already fallen apart in their attempts to frustrate the Diet.

Reactions:
1IKKv9g.png

g4aobuh.png

8y8kYgM.png

sYmG9Qh.png

px9Ys8b.png

5hEohvv.png

hxRyyLC.png

xv4wgAu.png

Ncr6uG2.png

VDVjkSq.png

POMYeGa.png

D62Vtgs.png

tUh6lTd.png

UJ2uNVo.png

C6Y93qg.png

Z5t9sVG.png

cTIAg84.png

Vj9zyJg.png

LZjM7Q1.png

Industrial Wealth:

liefwarrior:
Profit: 75143
Earned: 62378
Debt: 0

mrlifeless:
Profit: 329594
Earned: 255465

Luftwafer:
Profit: 29413
Earned: 18250

Keinwyn:
Profit: 336051
Earned: 263420

Keinwyn has trumped mrlifeless and has taken the position as richest economist. He gets the +3.

((Did you take into acount that Keinwyns millatry factories are a joint venture between us?))

Declare War on Spain: No

[Politician]
[Foreign Secretary: +2VP]

((MIL: No
POP: No))

War on Spain: Yes

-- Ito

Declare war on Spain: Yes
((MIL Mechanic: No
POP Mechanic: No))

[Military]

((Private for Firehound15))

Civil Court Case

A court case has come to the attention of the honorable Judge Satake Yoshizone, the Head Justice of Japan's Civil Court. A Korean family has approached the Civil Court demanding reparations for a Japanese army unit bursting in to their home, marauding the place, and even killing some of their livestock, as well as stealing food from the family. Now, the idea behind whether or not Korean families have rights in the Japanese judicial system has not been established. This court case could guarantee Koreans have the same rights in terms of the legal system as Japanese people do. The only problem is, social darwinism has gripped the land. Koreans were viewed as inferior to that of the Japanese, and thus, many did not bother with them. The only reason this was made into a big deal was because the soldiers were viewed as committing crimes against the Koreans, though they were not penalized. The Korean family has expressed that this was inhumane on behalf of the Japanese soldiers. The soldiers say Koreans are inferior to Japanese, and thus should not be bothered with. The question now lies with Head Justice Satake Yoshizone.

Option A. Side with the Korean family and demand the Koreans get compensated for the damages done.

Option B. Side with the soldiers, and claim that Japanese civilians have the right to do this due to the social differences between the Japanese and the Koreans.

5baG6HZ.jpg

Name: Nagane Hidetoshi 長根秀俊
Date of Birth: April 14th, 1859
Place of Birth: Nagoya, Japan
Specialty: Economic

Bio:

Born to samurai parents, the Nagane clan benefited greatly from the opening up of Japan during the prelude to the Meiji Restoration. Using their great wealth to help finance the first modern bank in Nagoya, they quickly made a great deal of money and hoped to expand into other sectors. However, Hidetoshi's mother died in childbirth, which sent his father into a deep depression from which he never really recovered. Raised essentially alone, with only his mother's maid Kiyo for company, Hidetoshi has just recently come of age and inherited control of the company from his father, who several years ago began suffering from dementia. A man with dreams of making something for himself, Hidetoshi is ready to turn his Kirizai Group into a national force.

"...It is clear that our Constitution has firmly established, in Articles Twenty-two and Twenty-five, that "Japanese subjects shall have the liberty of abode," and that "the house of no Japanese subject shall be entered or searched without his consent." It is the the opinion of the court therefore, that, the Han family, as designated residents of Japanese territory, shall be afforded the same rights and privileges as any other resident of the Empire of Japan, and that they are entitled to full representation before the law, and thus should have complete and total allocation of rights and liberties as per the second chapter of the Constitution..."

"Han v. Hashimoto"
The Collected Opinions of the First Civil Court, Vol. 1

- Lord Chief Justice Satake Yoshizane
((Option A))

I believe the time is right to build a furniture factory in Shikoku. There's an increasingly large labor force there, and already established lumber production. I'm seeing big things for this.

- 桐剤会社社長長根秀俊
- Kirizai Corporation CEO Nagane Hidetoshi