• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like to request a loan from the Bank of Japan for a sum of 25,000 for the purposes of:
Constructing a Luxury Clothes factory in Kanto ((-£15.55k))
Constructing a Furniture factory in Chugoku ((-£12.26k))
Expanding my Cement factory in Kansai. ((-£2.72k
Leaving £995 wealth and £25,000 debt.

edited to add values))

Last edited:
Military Logistics Survey 1871
From The Office of Admiral Unryu

The following is a survey of the men and materials required to build the factories to build the materials needed to build the factories needed to build the weapons and supplies of the Japanese military of the future. If the Empire is ever in a major war with Western powers, the a supply chain independent of the global market will be necessary. Some raw materials will not be able to be gathered in Japan and will necessitate access to colonies with such resources as tropical wood and oil, as well as a navy powerful enough to keep the maritime supply lines between the colonies and the home islands open.

The next generation of ships of the line ((Battleships)
- Steamer Convoy (Steamer Shipyard Factory)
----- Coal (Coal Mine RGO)
----- Steel (Steel Factory)
---------- Coal (Coal Mine RGO)
---------- Iron (Iron Mine RGO)
- Artillery (Artillery Factory)
----- Explosives (Explosives Factory)
---------- Fertilizer (Fertilizer Factory)
-------------------- Sulphur (Sulphur Mine RGO)
---------- Ammunition (Ammunition Factory)
-------------------- Sulphur (Sulphur Mine RGO)
-------------------- Iron (Iron Mine RGO)
- Canned Food (Canned Food Factory)
----- Fish (Fishing Wharf RGO)
----- Cattle (Cattle Ranch RGO)
----- Grain (Grain Farm RGO)
----- Iron (Iron Mine RGO)
- Coal (Coal Mine RGO)
The next generation of frigates ((Cruisers))
- Steamer Convoy
- Artillery
- Canned Food
- Fuel (Fuel Refinery Factory)
----- Oil (Oil Rig RGO)
Soldiers and Officers
- Fish (Fishing Wharf RGO)
- Wool (Sheep Ranch RGO)
- Grain (Grain Farm RGO)
- Fruit (Orchard RGO)
- Cattle (Cattle Ranch RGO)
- Tea (Tea Plantation RGO)
- Liquor (Liquor Distillery Factory)
----- Glass (Glass Factory)
----- Grain (Grain Farm RGO)
- Small Arms (Small Arms Factory)
----- Ammunition (Ammunition Factory)
---------- Sulphur (Sulphur Mine RGO)
- Coal (Coal Mine RGO)
- Regular Clothes (Regular Clothes Factory)
----- Fabric (Fabric Factory)
---------- Cotton (Cotton Plantation RGO)
---------- Dye (Dye Factory)
- Ammunition (Ammunition Factory)
---------- Sulphur (Sulphur Mine RGO)
- Furniture (Furniture Factory)
----- Timber (Timber Lodge RGO)
----- Lumber (Lumber Mill Factory)
- Coffee (Coffee Plantation RGO)
- Tobacco (Tobacco Plantation RGO)
- Paper (Paper Mill Factory)
- Fuel (Fuel Factory)
----- Oil (Oil Rig RGO)
- Furniture (Furniture Factory)
----- Lumber (Lumber Mill Factory)
---------- Timber (Timber Lodge RGO)
- Glass (Glass Factory)
- Luxury Furniture (Luxury Furniture Factory)
----- Regular Furniture
----- Tropical Wood (Tropical Wood Lodge)
- Opium (Opium Plantation RGO)
- Luxury Clothes (Luxury Clothes Factory)
----- Regular Clothes (Regular Clothes Factory)
----- Silk (Silkworm Ranch RGO)
- Wine (Winery Factory)
----- Fruit (Orchard RGO)
----- Glass (Glass Factory)
Building Factories
- Cement (Cement Factory)
- Coal (Coal Mine RGO)
- Iron (Iron Mine RGO)
- Machine Parts (Machine Parts Factory)
- Steel (Steel Factory)
- Timber (Timber Lodge RGO)
Building Railroads
- Steel (Steel Factory)
Building Forts
- Small Arms (Small Arms Factory)
- Artillery (Artillery Factory)
- Explosives (Explosives Factory)
- Lumber (Lumber Mill Factory)
Building Naval Bases
- Steel (Steel Factory)
- Machine Parts (Machine Parts Factory)
- Lumber (Lumber Mill Factory)

If we need to seize territory for more resources, I would recommend targeting the gaijin-controlled islands of Indonesia first, as they have all of the resources our navy needs, in addition to being controlled by gaijin, so that our Asian brothers will see us as liberators, not conquerors. Are the Dutch allied to another Great Power? If they are alone we should strike once we are capable of launching an invasion.

~Sakamoto

I Will repay my loan, Build a glass factory in Osaka ((Kansai)) Expand my Sake distillery in Osaka, a Paper mill in Edo ((Kanto)), build a cement factory in Shikoku, and a Fabric factory in Kyushu. ((New Funds: 863))

Last edited:
An Excerpt from the Journal of Commander Takeda Hitomi, 1872
My efforts after four years seem to finally reach the ears of those that can effect the greatest change. Men within the Diet are already advocating for the acquisition of resources abroad in the effort to establish a proper Empire under the command of the sovereign Emperor.

Interestingly, however, these noble men are crediting Admiral Unryu with the grand realization. Quite intriguing. It seems, after all these years, they did not read my book.

Player Actions Needed: Okay, no legislation. There is one Privy Council thing needed to be voted on though. It is whether or not Nishimura Hiroshi, Count of Fukuoka is to be put on the Privy Council.

Sample Ballot:

((For Privy Council Only))
Seat Count Nishimura on the Privy Council?: Yes/No/Abstain

[Rank of Nobility]

The vote will last either till Tuesday at 9:00 PM EST or Wednesday at 1:00 AM GMT, or tomorrow if all the Privy Council members vote. A play-through shall follow the closing of the vote.

Seat Count Nishimura on the Privy Council?: Yes

~Sakamoto
[Prince]

[Marquis]

((Private -Privy Council))
Seat Count Nishimura on the Privy Council?: No

[Count]

If we accept Count Nishimura then at the rate at which we seat new Privy Councilors we will soon have seated every person in Japan and China twice over. Two members of government and known liberals - the Prime Minister and the Foreign Secretary - were seated on the Privy Council. Why do we need another member of government and liberal after we had just admitted two? Why do we need any member, no matter their ideology, just after we had seated two more members? The Privy Council is a very prestigious organ of government and by adding everyone and their mother we dilute its prestige to the level of the Diet.

More importantly, what has Count Nisihmura done that makes him worthy of a seat? Princes Sakamoto and Date carried the Imperials to victory in the Civil War. I was Daijo-Daijin for twenty years. And Count Nishimura...created a budget? Only the worthy deserve to be on the Privy Council and Count Nishimura is not worthy.

- Count Mori Takachika

[Count]

Once again I see I must remind Lord Mouri that the Privy Council is an advisory body and not a chamber of government. If the Emperor wishes to have the Minister of Finance advise him on financial matters, then who is Lord Mouri to say that he should not have him?

-- Hosokawa-dono

Are the Dutch allied to another Great Power? If they are alone we should strike once we are capable of launching an invasion.

~Sakamoto

I am shocked and appalled that the Honourable Lord Sakamoto of all people would advocate war with Germany.

-- Hosokawa-dono

The Lord M(o/u)ri presents an excellent point. This body we occupy is one that is meant to be the primary body for assisting the Emperor himself in his decisions. We are meant to be the most distinguished of the noble community.

What has Count Nishimura done to warrant his nomination?

Until then, I withdraw my support of his nomination. This does not mean I will not support him, I simply wish the Emperor to have the greatest advisors possible.

((Seat Count Nishimura on the Privy Council?: Yes -> Abstain

[Marquis]))

((Private Dadarian))

To the Right Honorable Marquis Uesugi Narinori
Honorable Marquis.

Many of us in the railroad industry here in the United States have agreed to come together in the New York town of Oswego during the days of June 14 and 15. The companies involved in this convention would be thrilled to have the leading Japanese railroad supporter and innovator come to New York and speak to the convention about Japan's own experiences with railroads. All expenses shall be paid for, including transportation to New York and back to Japan. We wish for you to also experience American society as an outsider. Please consider this invitation, and we here in America hope you do accept.

-President Cornelius Vanderbilt of New York Central Railroad

((Private Dadarian))

To the Right Honorable Marquis Uesugi Narinori
Honorable Marquis.

Many of us in the railroad industry here in the United States have agreed to come together in the New York town of Oswego during the days of June 14 and 15. The companies involved in this convention would be thrilled to have the leading Japanese railroad supporter and innovator come to New York and speak to the convention about Japan's own experiences with railroads. All expenses shall be paid for, including transportation to New York and back to Japan. We wish for you to also experience American society as an outsider. Please consider this invitation, and we here in America hope you do accept.

-President Cornelius Vanderbilt of New York Central Railroad

To the Honoured President of New York Central Railroad, Cornelius Vanderbilt,

I am humbled by your offer. I will of course travel to New York Prefecture and speak of the history of Japanese railroads. My English is exceedingly poor, so I will primarily be speaking through an interpreter. I hope this does not impede on the convention.

I look forward to many fruitful discussions,

Lord Uesugi, Marquis of Niigata

(( Does anyone know what the ring symbol on the RGO map is? ))

I am shocked and appalled that the Honourable Lord Sakamoto of all people would advocate war with Germany.

-- Hosokawa-dono
I did not mean that. I meant war with the Netherlands if they were not allied with anyone.

~Sakamofo