• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(There's also zen's Privy Council proposal to appoint Firehound as a justice)

Reactions:
((I really need someone to help me keep track of all this... Edited again. If you already have voted just edit your ballot))

Education Improvement Act: Yes
Martial Discipline Act: Yes
Administrative Representation Act: Abstain
Management of Government Proposal: No
Amended Japanese Identification Act: Yes
Budget: Yes

[Politician]
[Imperial Victor: +1]

Creating a good educational system is paramount to ensuring that future generations are prepared for the world we now face. While I believe that the process may be longer than Prince Sakamoto believes, I do agree with the basic idea behind his act. I feel that the Martial Discipline Act and Management of Government Proposal are just reworded forms of the same thing, although the former is much better worded and does not force a member of our military to be fired from their post when given a ministry position. It's much easier to keep the military out of the government while maintaining cooperation between the two. Passing both acts would be redundant. As for the Administrative Representation Act, I do not see why we need governors at all. A competent bureaucracy will do and has the bonus of not reeking of regionalism, although it does resemble the process of how the Prime Minister is chosen and leaves the decision ultimately in the hands of the Emperor. Therefore, I do not completely object to it either. I greatly approve of the added clauses to the Japanese Identification Act regarding merchants and diplomats, although I have questions as to why diplomats are to be confined to a region near Edo. Would it not make more sense for them to be housed near the capital of Kyoto, and thus the Emperor and government, who may wish to speak with them regarding foreign affairs? Having them housed near Edo hearkens back to the Shogunate era, where the country was run from Edo, not Kyoto.

- Count Ito Katashi of Miyazaki, Minister of Transportation

Education Improvement Act: Abstain
Martial Discipline Act:Yes
Administrative Representation Act: No
Management of Government Proposal: No

[Economist]

Preventing officers on active duty from holding office, as outlined in Martial discipline act is sufficient, banning them from office altogether is unnecessary. Whilst establishing a good school system is important, I have my reservations about this particular proposal, which I have already outlined.

Martial Discipline Act: No
Administrative Representation Act: No
Management of Government Proposal:No
Amended Japanese Identification Act: No

(Military)
(Imperial Victor +1)

I humbly accept my reappointment as Minister for the Interior . I propose that the Government's focus will be as follows:

1. In acknowledgement of the consternation raised by Lord Uesugi, the focus in Chubu shall be changed from recruiting soldiers to promoting new technical schools. ((National Focus in Chubu change to Clergy))
2. However, we need to continue to build up our army and navy to face the external threat which the recent rebellion from across the sea revealed. We shall shift the recruiting drive to Kansai for its chance to display loyalty to the Emperor and its reputation for bravery on the field of battle. ((National Focus in Kansai change to Soldiers))
3. Finally, we seek to assist our industries, particularly those which supply our armed forces. We will encourage workers to join the new factories in Kyushu so that the output may be maximised. Other regions will be promoted in due course but the Kyushu factories had a greater need for skilled factory hands. ((National Focus in Kyushu on Craftsmen))

In this way, the Government seeks balance between war and peace, the katana and the koku.

Yamamoto Hirakuni
Count of Nagasaki
Minister for the Interior

Martial Discipline Act:Yes
Administrative Representation Act:Yes
Management of Government Proposal:Yes

[Politician]

I must ask honorable Lords Yamamoto and Takeshi as to why they oppose the Amended Japanese Identification Act? After the necessary steps were taken to compromise with the opponents of the the earlier version why do they still oppose it? So far it is the only immigration system presented and so thus voting no on it would mean a vote for regression and a vote against modernizing Japan. If they still do not find the proposal to their liking then perhaps it would be helpful to future creators of immigration systems for the Lords to give their reason to opposition.

- Count Mori Takachika

I shall still vote yes to everything.
((Privy Council vote))
I vote yes as well.

[Prince]

~Prince Sakamoto

[Politician]
[Conqueror Legacy +3]

Last edited:
My Lord Mori

Your fears of the Gaijin are almost Matsui-like in its obsessiveness.

I do not oppose the legislation so much as I find it is unnecessary in the it solves a problem which does not exist. Or rather does not yet exist but will if we Adopt the reactive attitudes of the old Shogunates. They sought to control rather than direct. They never learnt the lesson that people are like a mighty river. If you try to stop the flow with a dam, the build up of pressure will eventually overwhelm, but if you direct the energy of the flow such as through a mill, you may harness it for your own purposes.

We are a mighty nation. But we will not appear so to others if give pur fears expression in this legislation. You would have us cower behind a castle wall and await the Gaijin's infiltration, instead of taking to the field and imposing our will on them.

We must stop worrying about what the Gaijin might do to us and start thinking about what we can do to them.

Yamamoto Hirakuni
Count of Nagasaki

Education Improvement Act: Aye
Martial Discipline Act: Abstain
Administrative Representation Act: Nay
Management of Government Proposal: Nay
Amended Japanese Identification Act: Aye
Budget: Aye

[Politician]
[Prime Minister: +3 VP]
[Imperial Victor: + 1 VP]

~ Ōshiro Kazuki, Marquis of Okayama and Prime Minister of Japan

((Private - Privy Council))

I wish to nominate Nishimura Hiroshi, Count of Fukuoka, to be appointed to this most esteemed body.

Make Satake Yoshizone a Judge?: Nay

[Marquis]

~ Ōshiro Kazuki, Marquis of Okayama and Prime Minister of Japan

((Our 'esteemed' Prime minister doesn't seem to think the man who wrote our justice code is suitable to be a judge, and the only reason I can see is unprofessional ones such as his political beliefs and his ideology))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Our 'esteemed' Prime minister doesn't seem to think the man who wrote our justice code is suitable to be a judge, and the only reason I can see is unprofessional ones such as his political beliefs and his ideology

((Das ist private informtion...))

Reactions: