• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Okay we have no budget, nor do we have anything to vote on. I am going to wait for TJDS to post the budget before doing anything, I feel that having a budget will be crucial to this new government.))

Though out of respect to his place was not directly mentioned, the Marquis of Niigata's displeasure at the Count of Nagasaki's plan for creating more soldiers became an open secret. While not directly moving against it, retainers and political allies have motioned the needlessness of increased numbers of soldiers in a peaceful land like Chubu.

Japan is a proud and martial nation, and it does our status in the world well for like to associate with like. I therefore propose that Japan send a delegation to Berlin, home of the most Japanese nation in Europe, Germany, in order to boost our mutual relations.

I humbly request that the Leader of His Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition consents to his son, Ryoma, being a member of this delegation, due to his knowledge of and experience with the German people.

-- Hosokawa-dono, Foreign Secretary

Japan is a proud and martial nation, and it does our status in the world well for like to associate with like. I therefore propose that Japan send a delegation to Berlin, home of the most Japanese nation in Europe, Germany, in order to boost our mutual relations.

I humbly request that the Leader of His Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition consents to his son, Ryoma, being a member of this delegation, due to his knowledge of and experience with the German people.

-- Hosokawa-dono, Foreign Secretary
Honorable sir,

I shall allow my son to accompany this delegation to the Germans.

~Sakamoto

((Are the Germans unified already?))

Last edited:
Honorable sir,

I shall allow my son to accompany this delegation to the Germans.

~Sakamoto

((Are the Germans unified already?))

((Yes.))

((Okay we have no budget, nor do we have anything to vote on. I am going to wait for TJDS to post the budget before doing anything, I feel that having a budget will be crucial to this new government.))

((Can another member of government post a budget just to speed things along?))

((Can another member of government post a budget just to speed things along?))

((Patience is a virtue, I will post one soon enough))

((Y'all need some patience))

Budget

Taxes:
Poor: 74%
Middle: 74%
Rich: 74%

Expenses:
Stockpile:
Land: 50%
Naval: 30%
Construction: 25%

Other Expenses:
Education: 65%
Administration: 50%
Social Spending: 0%
Military Spending: 50%

Tariffs
Tariffs: 25%

Fund allocation:
Funds will be given to expand the army, navy, and infrastructure.

Contingency 1: insufficient funding
Should the treasury ever fall below £1000 in circumstances of a deficit, all strata's will have taxes increased in 5% increments until they reach 75% nominal tax rate. If this fails then the land stockpile shall be reduced to 30%. If this fails to reach a surplus, then the Military Spending shall be reduced to 40%. If this fails to reach a surplus, Education shall be reduced to 50%. If this fails to reach a surplus, then Administration shall be reduced to 30%. Should this fail, the Military Spending shall be reduced to 30%. If this fails to reach a surplus, Education will be further reduced to 30%. If this still fails to reach a surplus, taxes will be increased by increments of 5% until a surplus in achieved.

Contingency 2: War Outside or Inside the Nation ((the later is only applicable to large scale rebellions should they occur))
In the event that Japan be involved in a state of war, foreign or domestic, the Land Stockpile will be increased to 100%, in the event the war requires significant naval action the naval stockpile will also be increased to 100%. In order to compensate for budgetary deficits in this incident, taxes should be increased by 5% until a balance is achieved. If this fails Education and Administration will take 5% spending cuts until they are at 50% and 25% respectively or until a balance is achieved, this failing tariffs will be increased by 5% until a balance is achieved, failing this, administration, education and social spending will take 5% cuts until they reach 0% or a balance is achieved. If balance is not achieved, the navy will be immediately docked and funding slashed to bear minimum, this failing Military spending will take cuts of 5% until it reaches 0% or a balance is achieved, this failing military stockpile will take 5% cuts until it reaches 50%. If all previous contingencies fail, notify the cabinet immediately to see if the war is able to be terminated. On theconclusion of the state of War, civil or external, military spending and the stockpile, taxes andtariffs are to be reduced to the pre-war level andContingency 1 applies as normal. Contingency 2supersedes Contingency 1.

Contingency 3: Surplus in reference to surplus greater then 200 pounds per day
If a significant surplus is achieved taxes will be reduced on all strata's by increments of 1% until the nominal tax rates reach 40%. If the surplus is still greater then 200 per day and the government is constructing buildings, building ships or recruiting troops the construction spending will be increased until the surplus is less then 200 per day. After the building is done it will be reset back to 25%.

Contingency 4: Catastrophic debt
In the event that national debt starts posing a threat to the ability to pay loans back taxes shall be increased by 5% until the loans can be paid back. If this is not sufficient then education and military spending will be reduce by 5% until they reach 40%.

Commerce Plan
All factories will be subsidized to facilitate in the Industrial growth of Japan. If the cost of the subsidies is higher or equal to that of a large deficit, all subsidies will be stopped.

((Welp, I am going to open the vote once I get back from the gym. Any bills or acts that you guys want to put up to vote I suggest you put it up now.))

Player Actions Needed: Vote on the budget.

Sample Ballot:

Budget: Yes/No/Abstain

[Specialty]
[Government Position (If Politician and Applicable)]
[Bonus (If Applicable)]

Voting Ends Monday at 8:00 PM EST or Tuesday at 12:00 AM GMT (Pushing it back an hour since school and whatnot). Bold your votes. A playthrough will follow the closing of this vote.

Last edited:
Budget: Yes

[Military]
[+2 VP]

~ Kusenagi Miroki

Budget: Yes

[Politician]
[Minister of Justice]
[+1 VP]

-- Takeshi Ohba, Minister of Justice

((Dont Forget your glorious arms bonus :p ))

((And to clarify, a governmental position is NOT a given bonus. Glorious Victor is a given bonus, being Prime Minister is not. An Example:

[Politician]
[Minister of Education]
[Imperial Victor]

This would be how it would be setup for politicians in a position that gives them a bonus))