• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jg1c0nk.png

In my power, I hereby appoint Oshiro Kazuki as Prime Minister of the Imperial Diet. May his service reward Japan with prosperity and stability.

-Emperor Meiji

------------------------------
Player Actions Needed: Somberg I need your cabinet list of all ministers. Keep in mind, politicians get extra points for being in important positions. I will need that government sending me orders by Friday at 9:00 PM EST, or Saturday at 1:00 AM GMT.

((Can I just make ministries up and appoint people to them or are there specific ministries I have to appoint people to?))

Ōshiro Government
Prime Minister: Ōshiro Kazuki (Somberg)
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Hosokawa Mitsuhide (LordTempest)
Minister of War: Date Munenari (Riccardo93)
Minister of Finance: Tanabe Shinzou (TJDS)
Minister of the Interior: Yamamoto Hirakuni (Davout)
Minister of Justice: Takeshi Ohba (LoggingOut)
Minister of Education: Kishiwada Yukio (mrlifeless)

Last edited:
I humbled to be offered the position of minister of education. ((I will need screenshots of the technologies))

*Lord Hosokawa bows deeply, as if to indicate great respect*

I humbly accept the position of Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, and will endeavour to always serve Japan and her Emperor to the best of my ability.

-- Hosokawa-dono, Foreign Secretary

((Naxhi, could you post a pic on the current standings of the great powers, please?))

Ministery of Education plan 1864:
We will finish importing practical steam engines, study philosophic Idealism , then investigate reform of army leadership, followed by study of the political implications of Ideology and importation of western medicine. And if does are completed early, we will study western factory orginisation.

1.finish practical steam engine.
2.Idealism
3.Army Professinalism
4. Ideological Thought
5.Medicine
6.Orginised Factories

Reactions:
I humbly accept the position of Minister of Finance, and will endeavour to always serve Japan and her Emperor to the best of my ability.

Tanabe Shinzo, Minister of Finance

(Private: Members of the Opposition)

As the largest party in the Emperor's Loyal Opposition, the Kinnokai is putting together a shadow cabinet, and all of the opposition parties are invited to put nominate candidates for the remaining shadow ministries.

The Shadow Cabinet
Shadow Prime Minister: Prince Sakamoto (zenphoenix)
Shadow Foreign Minister: Unryu Raizo (LeCorbusier)
Shadow War Minister: Kusenagi Miroki (Terraferma)
Shadow Finance Minister: Akio Chosokame (Luftwafer)
Shadow Education Minister:
Shadow Interior Minister:
Shadow Justice Minister:

((I am reforming the Privy Council.

Upon deliberation with the PC, I found it odd that we are voting to make former Daimyo nobles, when OTL they were nobles as compensation for loosing their Daimyo-status. So here is how I am going to reform it:

I. Make all former Daimyo (Daimyo who are still alive right now) aristocrats of an extent. However these men will not be Privy Council members, yet.
II. If selected by the PC to serve ON the PC, then their rank shall determine their voting power (Which shall be the same as before).
III. The Emperor may increase the rank of nobles on/off the PC, or decrease them, with the PC having heavy influence.
IV. Princes automatically get seats on the Privy Council
V. You do have to be a noble before you can ask for a seat on the Privy Council
VI. The Privy Council can only suggest for two new members every electoral cycle

Riccardo (Prince), Zen (Prince), Qwerty (Baron), and Dadarian (Marquis) shall keep their ranks and remain on the Privy Council, their positions stay. I am also granting new titles of nobility which will be in a later post to former Daimyo based on whose side they fought for in the Boshin War, your past political experiences, and other factors. These new nobles will not be on the Privy Council, they must be appointed to it.

Lastly, I must apologize for all these sudden reforms and renovations. This is my first IAAR, so not everything is perfect. I hope that by solving issues here, future IAARs will have less of these problems. I hope you all understand, and I do apologize.))

jg1c0nk.png

With a more functioning government up and running, I feel the time is right to begin with the plan of compensation for former Daimyo. With the abolition of the Han System, I feel these men need some compensation for loosing their historical titles and lands, some via voluntarily giving them up, some via force. We must compensate those who have rich histories and connections to this land. I decree the following:

That Oshiro Kazuki ((Somberg)) be given the title of Marquis of Okayama.

That Satake Yoshihiro ((Firehound15's last character who is still alive if memory serves me right)) be given the title of Marquis of Akita.

That Takeshi Ohba ((LoggingOut)) be given the title of Count of Yamagata

That Tanabe Shinzou ((TJDS)) be given the title of Count of Wakayama.

That Hosokawa Mitsuhide ((LordTempest)) be given the title of Count of Kumamoto.

That Ito Katashi ((Michaelangelo)) be given the title of Count of Miyazaki.

That Yamamoto Hirakuni ((Davout)) be given the title of Count of Nagasaki.

That Nishimura Hiroshi ((EmperorBasilius)) be given the title of Count of Fukuoka.

That Kishiwada Yukio ((mrlifeless)) be given the title of Viscount of Osaka.

That Motoro Kusanagi ((Terraferma's last character who is also still alive if memory serves me right)) be given the title of Viscount of Yokohama

That Hayashi Tadakata ((Towll)) be given the title of Baron of Chiba.

That Ake Takahasi ((VibraniumTaco)) be given the title of Baron of Nara.

That Date Narikuni ((Otto of England)) be given the title of Baron of Sendai.

That Toshihisa Nanbu ((kingkaizer)) be given the title of Baron of Morioka.

That Asano Naritaka ((Marschalk)) be given the title of Baron of Hiroshima.

-Emperor Meiji

((Reminder that you are just nobles, and not on the PC))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Lastly, I must apologize for all these sudden reforms and renovations. This is my first IAAR, so not everything is perfect. I hope that by solving issues here, future IAARs will have less of these problems. I hope you all understand, and I do apologize.))

((Humility. I like. Will be rejoining some time next week ;)))

Reactions:
I am humbled by the honour which His Imperial Majesty grants to his lowly servant and renew my pledge of my life and the lives of my family to the Emperor's service.

I also accept with all humility the position of Minister of the Interior. I shall serve Japan and its Government to the best of my abilities as we work together.

As part of the strengthening of Japan now that we are free of external domination and to rebuild after internal strife, I propose that we share our national focus between building up our military forces by encouraging military service amongst the fit men of the Chubu region, and that we teach the teachers of the new Western technology by establishing new technical schools, beginning in Kansai.

((National Focii of Soldiers in Chubu and Clergy in Kansai))