• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
During election day, some top politicians were spotted discussing the formation of the Lower House after the election. Are they wizards that predict the future, or are the voters being manipulated that their vote actually matters?

((VOET CHANG FR TEH NAZHIS ADD CON BON))

Party: National Liberal Party

[Militarist]
[Masters of the Empire: +4 VP, Constitution Bonus: +1]

Make Uesugi Narinori a Marquis?: Abstain

I feel there is no need to call this matter to a vote; Uesugi Narinori has been a nobleman his entire life, and as such his wealth and prestige warrant his ennobling in the peerage regardless of what we here in the Privy Council believe or mandate.

[Prince]

~ Prince Date Munenari, Chancellor of the Realm, Supreme Commander of the Imperial Forces, and Privy Councillor

Party: NLP

[Miltary]
[ Bonus: Imperial Victor +1 VP]

Yamamoto Hirakuni

((I forgot to post this yesterday but I'm currently on vacation so I might not be as active, if active at all. Consider my character on a very important business trip in Europe.))

((How long are you in 'Europe' for))
((Also a list of everyone who has and has not voted and for which party they have voted for would probably make everyone's life easier))

((I think 2-3 weeks.))

((You and Le Corbusier will handle administration while I'm gone and away from wifi, and I'll try to drop in from time to time.))

Party: Unity & Honour

[Economy]
[No Bonus]

May peace and prosperity reign forever in Nippon.

~ Hajamoto Yoshihiro

I Am bord tally:
Voting power
NLP:20
UH:3
KAP:4
LA:9
Seats:
NLP: 254 (54.7%)
UH: 4 (0.8%)
KAP: 50 (10.8%)
LA: 156 (33.7%)

((Does anyone know what was going through unity and honour's head when unity and honour decided to go national they were never going to win))

((Regionalism is for the weak))

((Alright enough OOC, we have too much OOC. Have any questions, talk about it in a PM or on IRC. You can still use it, just stop spamming it for questions that can be a simple PM))

Reactions:
((Voting Closed))

Final Tally (Regionalism and Weight Added):

Chugoku: National Liberals - 30 Seats, Unity and Honor - 1 Seat
Tohuku: National Liberals - 38 Seats, Unity and Honor - 1 Seat
Shikoku: National Liberals - 18 Seats, Unity and Honor - 1 Seat
Kansai: National Liberals - 43 Seats, Loyalist Association - 78 Seats, Unity and Honor - 0 Seats.
Kanto: National Liberals - 40 Seats, Loyalist Association - 70 Seats, Unity and Honor - 0 Seats.
Kyushu: National Liberals - 38 Seats, Kamikaze Party - 19 Seats, Unity and Honor - 2 Seats.
Chubu: National Liberals - 56 Seats, Kamikaze Party - 28 Seats, Unity and Honor - 0 Seats.

Total: National Liberals - 263 Seats (57%), Kamikaze Party - 47 Seats (10%), Loyalist Association - 148 Seats (32%), Unity and Honor - 5 Seats (1%).

Last edited:
Election of 1864

With the new constitution in-place, elections began in Japan. The election system was for only the rich and the middle-class. Most of the voters were former Samurai and Daimyo, with bits and pieces of merchants and artisans. Former peasents, farmers, and laborers were not allowed to vote due to the rigorous system in-place to prevent them from voting. Voting was done in secret, which means that no party had influence by watching the polls. The districts were drawn evenly, and little Gerrymandering was done in the process. In all, it turned out to be a pretty interesting election.

The National Liberals, made up of famous figures such as Date Munenari, Hosokawa Mitsuhide, and other prominent Imperials/Modernizers. Their belief was a strong nationalist and modern belief. They were pro-military from the fact that many of their members were former military leaders. With that, they decided to run a national campaign. They were very popular among soldiers and generals, as well as rising capitalists and pro-Imperial aristocrats.

Next came the Loyalist Association. The Loyalist Association was led by Sakamoto Naotari, the former General and conqueror of Edo. Sakamoto decided to run only a campaign in Kansai and Kanto, the two largest and most populated regions in Japan. His Campaign went very well, attracting many staunch moderates, those who tread the line between tradition and modernization. He attracted those who only fought for the Emperor not for progress, but because they served the Emperor, and would lay down his life for him.

The Kamikaze Party was next. The Kamikaze was a relatively small party, operating only in Kyushu and Chubu. The Kamikaze Party was led by Nishimura Hiroshi, a prominent noble in Kyushu. He wanted a party that was very similiar to the likes of the Loyalist Association, but was very moderate in comparison. Nishimura Hiroshi was a supporter of federalism, yet he did not let his beliefs force party policy. He and his followers were moderate modernizers, only wanting to adopt western technology, and not western culture. They wanted to preserve the traditions of their ancestors. In Kyushu and Chubu, they were relatively well received. Chubu especially, since that was the line between Imperials and Shogunate in the Boshin War.

Last, there was the Unity and Honor Party. The Unity and Honor was the only party to form from an old faction during the Shogunate. Its leader, Uesugi Narinori, still help firm to the UH's belief in culture and peace. They decided to try their luck and run nationally. It did not work out well. His biggest hopeful supporter, the Satake family, refused to participate, calling it "a Liberal oligarchy, something that will hamper opposition". His only support came from mostly small pockets of traditionalists in most regions. What drove supporters further away was the fact that Matsui Ichiro, considered a traitor by the Empire, was supporting the UH. Yet, Uesugi Narinori could care less. His nobility would see himself placed on the Emperor's Privy Council alongside Date Munenari and Sakamoto Naotari. To him, this was a bigger victory then any number of seats the UH could pull.

In the end, the National Liberals were the dominant Party. While they did loose in Kansai and Kanto, they got the majority in mostly every Region in Japan. They beat out the UH at every turn, and hampered the campaign of the Kamikaze Party in Kyushu and Chubu. Oshiro Kazuki, the leader of the Nat-Libs, would soon be celebrating a liberal victory once the polls came in. The Nat-Libs took over 57% of the seats, a fair majority in the Imperial Diet. It would seem Japan's first government would be a liberal one.

ckdISQJ.png

-----------------------------------
Player Actions Needed: Wait...