• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then I shall repay my loan in full.

Pre-Election of 1864

National Liberal Party
Prime Ministerial Candidate: Ōshiro Kazuki
Competing Nationally
Policies: Free Trade/Interventionism/Jingoism/Pluralism/Limited Citizenship

Founded by prominent Imperialists who fought on the side of the Emperor in the Boshin War, the National Liberal Party is a pro-business, pro-industrialization, and pro-military party. It strongly supports the Emperor as the Son of Amaterasu and the unitary system of government established in Japan. The National Liberal Party also supports the furthering of Japanese glory through the establishment of a strong military. It eventually seeks to spread Japanese influence to other parts of Asia and see it rise to the ranks of one of the greatest powers in the world, on par with the most powerful nations in the Western world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unity and Honor
Prime Ministerial Candidate: Uesugi Narinori

Competing Nationally
Policies: State Capitalism | Protectionism | Pacifism | Moralism | Residency

Cultural Traditionalism, Monarchism, and Pacifism is the focus of the Unity and Honor Campaign

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loyalist Association
Prime Ministerial Candidate: Sakamoto Naotari
Competing in Kansai and Kanto
Polices: Protectionism/State Capitalism/Pluralism/Limited Citizenship/Pro-Military

Platform

The Kamikaze Party
Prime Ministerial Candidate: Nishimura Hiroshi
Competing in Kyushu and Chubu
Policies: Free Trade/Laissez Faire/Pluralism/Residency/Jingoism

For a blossoming economy, for a modern military, for the Japanese culture, and for a brighter future - vote Kamikaze and the Divine Wind shall bring glory once again!
------------------------------------------------
Player Actions Needed: Please Vote for either the National Liberals (NLP), the Unity and Honor Party (UH), The Loyalist Association (LA), or The Kamikaze Party (KAP) for seats in the Imperial Diet. Bold your votes. Also, the Privy Council must vote on whether to make Uesugi Narinori ((Dadarian)) a Marquis or not.

Sample Ballot:

Party: NLP/UH/LA/KAP/Independent

[Specialty]
[Bonus (If Applicable)]

(For Privy Council Only)
Make Uesugi Narinori a Marquis?: Yes/No/Abstain

[Rank of Nobility]

Voting ends Wednesday at 9:00 PM EST or Thursday at 1:00 AM GMT. Bold your votes.

Economist wealth will not count till the next vote once factories start rolling in.

Party: Loyalist Association

[Military]
[No bonus]

~ Major Kusenagi Miroki

Party: LA

[Politician]
[Conqueror Legacy: +3 VP]

(For Privy Council)
Make Uesugi Narinori a Marquis?: Yes

[Prince]

~Sakamoto Naotari

Last edited:
Party: Unity and Honour

[Politician]
[None Applicable to voting]

Party: National Liberal Party

[Politician]
[Imperial Victor: +1 VP]

~ Ōshiro Kazuki, Minister of the Left and Chairman of the National Liberal Party

[Economy]
[Glorious Victor +2 VP]

((I wish to borrow 8,000 koku, if/when I recieve it I will build a Steel Factory in Tohoku Region))

[Politician]

-- Hosokawa-dono

[Militarist]
[Masters of the Empire: +4 VP, Constitution Bonus: +1]

Make Uesugi Narinori a Marquis?: Abstain

I feel there is no need to call this matter to a vote; Uesugi Narinori has been a nobleman his entire life, and as such his wealth and prestige warrant his ennobling in the peerage regardless of what we here in the Privy Council believe or mandate.

[Prince]

~ Prince Date Munenari, Chancellor of the Realm, Supreme Commander of the Imperial Forces, and Privy Councillor

Last edited:

[Economic]

[Militarist]
[Masters of the Empire: +4 VP]

Make Uesugi Narinori a Marquis?: Abstain

I feel there is no need to call this matter to a vote; Uesugi Narinori has been a nobleman his entire life, and as such his wealth and prestige warrant his ennobling in the peerage regardless of what we here in the Privy Council believe or mandate.

[Prince]

~ Prince Date Munenari, Chancellor of the Realm, Supreme Commander of the Imperial Forces, and Privy Councillor

Don't forget your Father of the Constitution bonus.

Semi-accurate tally:
UH: 2-1 seats
LA: 182-183
NLP around 224 seats
KAP 55