• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Nanban Liberals - that's a totally fair and unbiased description. :rolleyes:))

e were lead to believe that the Emperor was being held captive by the Fujin League and their lackeys. Obviously this was not true and the Emperor won with the favour of the Kami but unrest still bubbles throughout Nippon. Now the liberals who brought death and distraction to my homeland style themselves as conservatives, claiming that Nanban should be allowed the same rights as native Nipponese. The only party (or political club, as many style themselves) that remains true to our venerable traditions is Unity & Honor, a party that I plan on joining. As Liberals trample across the nation leaving destruction in their wake it is up to we reactionaries and true conservatives to restore order.

And yet it was solely due to these very Kyushu Liberals who brought "death and destruction" to your homeland by defeating the British invaders that your reactionary friends invited into Japan that you are now able to grow fat and rich of the profits of Kyushu labour and Kyushu ingenuity.

Your hypocrisy disgusts me; get the hell out of my province.
-- Hosokawa-dono

Last edited:
What will the Kinnokai do to help raise Nippon to the status of Great Power? Industrialize! A more detailed pamphlet on industrial policy will be published shortly.
How would a Loyalist Association government industrialize Nippon and bring it to Great Power status?

In order to build up a secure domestic supply chain for the construction of railroads across Nippon, a Kinnokai government would construct steel and cement factories in prefectures with ample population, coal, and iron. The government would encourage the artisans in those prefectures to become craftsmen to ensure those factories had enough workers.

To encourage the smooth transition from outmoded artisan manufacturing operations to modern factories, tariffs would be set at 0% to neither subsidize nor impoverish the artisan class as they continued to meet the other consumer needs of the Nihonjin.

- Loyalist Association, Kanto Branch

Reactions:
((Constant spam bores me
As does electioneering
Before a campaign.
))

Reactions:
The National Liberal Party will be contesting all seats in Nippon in the upcoming election.

~ Ōshiro Kazuki, Minister of the Left and Chairman of the National Liberal Party

The National Liberal Party will be contesting all seats in Nippon in the upcoming election.

~ Ōshiro Kazuki, Minister of the Left and Chairman of the National Liberal Party
((Under the system we are using to allocate seats I don't think it's necessary to say if you are national or not.))

((It will be decided by voting power. Also, Qwerty, I am still dividing up the votes per region should one party decide to go national. So I am dividing up the National Liberals Voting Power by 7 since they are national. Should a party compete in two regions, I will divide their voting power by 2. This way, I know how much Voting Power each party has in each region))

Lord Uesugi sipped his tea quietly, alongside so fellow aristocrats (although of a much lesser rank). Taking his time to enjoy the subtle flavours within each delicate sip of tea. The recent actions of fellow members of the peerage has been utterly disgraceful. Selling themselves like common peddlers, they acted as if they needed to present themselves to suitors. Nay, spread their legs to perspective customers.

With a slight shiver, Lord Uesugi sipped his tea. Even if the peerage decided to debase themselves, at least a good cup of tea didn't change.

Reactions:
The Loyalist Association will contest the seats in Kansai and Kanto.

~Sakamoto Naotari, Minister of the Right and Chairman of the Loyalist Association

Last edited:
((Private - PC))
I nominate Lord Uesugi for the title of Marquis. He has no blood on his hands and has always been cooperative in pursuing Nippon's best interests.

- Baron Mori Takachika

((Am I doing it right?))

((Private PC))

I agree with this nomination.

~Prince Sakamoto Naotari

Electoral Platform Of The
Kin'nōka Kyōkai

(Loyalist Association)

勤皇家協會
9T5biwa.jpg

Protectionism | State Capitalism | Pluralism | Limited Citizenship | Pro-Military

Chairman: Prince Sakamoto Naotari
6Bpkq1T.jpg

The Loyalist Association is a club of conservative modernists seeking to ensure cooperation between civilians and the military, traditionalists and reformists, and the various classes and orders of Japanese society. The Kinnokai stands for a strong central government and upholding the Constitutional rights guaranteed by the Emperor.
Foreign Policy:
The goal of Loyalist foreign policy at this time is to avoid a diplomatic incident with the United States, while breaking out of its common market, by becoming a Great Power in the eyes of the West. A Kyokai ministry would avoid unnecessary aggression towards fellow Eastern states on the principle of Pan-Asianism.

Budget Policy:
Under a Kinnoka Kyokai administration, education and the civil service would be fully funded. The Kinnokai would be willing to reduce military spending and national stockpile spending to balance budget.

Military Policy:
A Loyalist government would follow a Navy First Policy in military affairs based upon the successful naval invasion of Honshu by Kyushu and Shikoku troops during the Boshin War. The current admirals would be assigned to the War and Transport Fleets. A naval troops ground force would be transferred from the Imperial Army to the Imperial Navy and placed under one of the available generals as the Imperial Japanese Marine Corps.

Trade Policy:
To encourage the smooth transition from outmoded artisan manufacturing operations to modern factories, tariffs would be set at 0% to neither subsidize nor impoverish the artisan class as they continued to meet the consumer needs of the Nihonjin.

Economic Policy:
In order to build up a secure domestic supply chain for the construction of railroads across Nippon, a Kinnokai government would construct steel and cement factories in prefectures with ample population, coal, and iron. The government would encourage the artisans in those prefectures to become craftsmen to ensure those factories had enough workers.

Religious Policy:
The Association would focus on building up the state religion of Shinto into a fully established national church, not on attempting to convert devoted Buddhists and foreign Christians.

Citizenship Policy:
To prevent gaijin from taking over the imperial government, citizenship would be restricted to only ethnic Japanese as well as the Ainu people.

I Am canceling the construction of the chubu fabric factory ((can I do this? And do I get my money back?))