• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am dropping out of the race for Roju of Kansai

- Kishiwada Yukio

~FAREWELL ADDRESS OF SATAKE YOSHIHIRO~
-佐竹義弘のお別れ住所-

XR5BFxV.png

...It has been a long twenty years. The shifting seasons, clouds, and rains have all come and gone countless times. It is no accomplishment to live for twenty years, although perhaps it shall become so, with the lives lost to the Nanban. The red-cheeks have come to us, and now we are fighting what some would call a "losing war." No, they do not realize that the war has not yet come. They do not realize that we are plunging ourselves into conflict- tomorrow, in a month, in a year, or in twelve years, all because Nippon is being weakened by sectionalism. We have lost our reverence for the old order- for our unity as Japanese. No longer do we think of ourselves as one people, but instead as Northerners and Southerners- the East, the West- are we not still Japanese? Despite this, such tensions continue to ferment between the Honorable Lords of Nippon. These are the seeds of a conflict which is destined to end in blood.

We have come far in these twenty years, yet we have not learned from the mistakes of the British Invasion- the moment that we turn against our brothers is the moment that we collapse. Even now, the Amerikahito are being caught within their own division- we should not be akin to Nanban in their disregard for tradition and unity. They fight against each other as if it were as simple as harvesting rice, and they do not fight for justice- they fight over petty matters. This is the kind of bloodshed which will come if we continue our current path. He who comes after me must move to soothe tensions between the North and the South, before it is too late. Heed these words.

SATAKE YOSHIHIRO
10th Lord of Kubota

Reactions:
((For his efforts in this game, for guiding the Shogunate for twenty years (1/5 of the total game), and for surviving everything from wars to treaties, I present Firehound15 with the following bonus:

Masters of the Shogunate (Satake Dynasty Bonus)
Ability: +3 Voting Power for all Satake Family members (westernized or not), and Samurai Clansmen get seated on the Daimyo Council even if they are not a Karo.
Duration: Indefinite

))

Lord Date, planning a series of major military reforms, quietly announces his intention to run for the Roju of Shikoku once again.

Reactions:
~FAREWELL ADDRESS OF SATAKE YOSHIHIRO~
-佐竹義弘のお別れ住所-

XR5BFxV.png

...It has been a long twenty years. The shifting seasons, clouds, and rains have all come and gone countless times. It is no accomplishment to live for twenty years, although perhaps it shall become so, with the lives lost to the Nanban. The red-cheeks have come to us, and now we are fighting what some would call a "losing war." No, they do not realize that the war has not yet come. They do not realize that we are plunging ourselves into conflict- tomorrow, in a month, in a year, or in twelve years, all because Nippon is being weakened by sectionalism. We have lost our reverence for the old order- for our unity as Japanese. No longer do we think of ourselves as one people, but instead as Northerners and Southerners- the East, the West- are we not still Japanese? Despite this, such tensions continue to ferment between the Honorable Lords of Nippon. These are the seeds of a conflict which is destined to end in blood.

We have come far in these twenty years, yet we have not learned from the mistakes of the British Invasion- the moment that we turn against our brothers is the moment that we collapse. Even now, the Amerikahito are being caught within their own division- we should not be akin to Nanban in their disregard for tradition and unity. They fight against each other as if it were as simple as harvesting rice, and they do not fight for justice- they fight over petty matters. This is the kind of bloodshed which will come if we continue our current path. He who comes after me must move to soothe tensions between the North and the South, before it is too late. Heed these words.

SATAKE YOSHIHIRO
10th Lord of Kubota

Sayonara, Lord Satake. Thank you for your service to Nippon.

-Matsui Ichiro

((Damned be the notification system. Missed a good 5 pages >.>))

((EDIT for traits:
['School Of The Bayonet', '', '', '2', '1', '', '10%', '', '3']
['Inept', '', '', '-2', '', '', '', '', '-2']))

Last edited:
I shall run once more for Roju of Kanto.

In the absence of Lord Hosokawa, I will nominate for the Roju to represent the wishes of Kyushu. ((Sorry, unable to bold on my computer))

Yamamoto Hirakuni

Player Actions Needed: The respective regions need to vote on who will represent them in the Roju.

Sample Ballot:

(For Daimyo in Kansai) Roju Representative: Tanabe ((TJDS))/Matsui ((Andre Massena))
(For Daimyo in Chubu) Roju Representative: Sukekatsu ((liefwarrior))/Uesugi ((Dadarian))
(For Daimyo in Tohuku) Roju Representative: Takeshi ((LoggingOut))/Tsugaru ((Le Corbusier/Kowloon))

[Region]

Davout, Somberg, Terraferma, and Riccardo win their respective region (Davout wins because he declared and Tempest did not declare he wanted to defend his title, same with Somberg). You do not know though you are on the Roju. Voting ends Tuesday at 11:00 PM EST or Wednesday at 3:00 AM GMT.

It is a shame to see that the Traditionalist elements in Chubu have no loyalty. I had hoped that we would see an era of peace and prosperity in our region but alas it is not to be.

Roju Representative: Sukekatsu

[Chubu]

Kansai Roju: Tanabe
[Kansai]

Kansai Roju: Tanabe

[Kansai]

((Private zenphoenix))

To Sakamoto Naotari

While I know that you have already established yourself in Kyushu, I urge you to move to Kansai. Kansai’s Daimyo share ideology so that you we will be allies in any fight and most importantly, you will be much more useful in Kansai due to our far larger armies.

- Kishiwada Yukio

((In the civil war, you double the power from troops of daimyo that fight for the same side as you, so you would be far more useful in Kansai rather them Kyushu))

((Naxhi, I would have nominated if the effing notification system was working properly.))

Reactions:
OvZb4Gp.png

Official Decree from the Shogun of Japan

The following individuals shall serve on the Roju:

From Kansai: Daimyo Tanabe Shinzou
((TJDS))

From Kanto: Daimyo Motoro Kusanagi ((Terraferma))

From Chugoku: Daimyo Oshiro Kazuki ((Somberg))

From Shikoku: Daimyo Date Munenari ((Riccardo93/Revan529))

From Kyushu: Daimyo Yamamoto Hirakuni ((Davout))

From Tohuku: Daimyo Takeshi Ohba* ((LoggingOut))

From Chubu: Daimyo Ota Sukekatsu* ((liefwarrior))

-Shogun Tokugawa Iesada

((*= Rolled in by dice due to tie))

---------------------------------------------------
Player Actions Needed: The seven names mentioned above need to now declare whether or not they wish to serve as Head Elder. Once the declaration period is over, the Roju must select out of the candidates who they want to serve as Head Elder. Samurai must also either pledge fealty to their Regional Daimyo or not. Swearing fealty will probably get you a command, but it gives the Regional Daimyo more power. No comment on this will lead to me assuming you have sworn fealty.

Declaration Period for Head Elder will end Wednesday at 11:00 PM EST or Thursday at 3:00 AM GMT.

Also, this should be a good time to mention that this Saturday I am leaving my humble home to go to North Carolina for the week. I am not sure if this will affect this game, but expect longer times between updates and longer periods of voting starting this weekend. Just a heads up.

Reactions: