• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Having finally found somebody who could translate the peculiar for him Lord Ota quickly set about preparing his orders.

In the interest of the mutual benefits of Chubu and the USA, construction on a port in the province of Shizuoka will begin immediately. All construction in the region is to be diverted to the project, any labourers who assist in the construction will be paid for their efforts. To protect the trade that will flow through this port and the surrounding region I have commissioned the construction of three transport vessels and one frigate.

~ Ota Sukekatsu; 3rd Lord Fureno-Shizuoka & Roju Rep. of Chubu

((Construct Port in Shizuoka || Construct 3 Clippers || Construct One Frigate))

Lord Ota signed of the final dispatch of the day. He had decided that the time had come to overhaul the Chubu Navy and to expand the Chubu Army.

To the venerable Lords of Chubu,
Seeing that Chubu is perhaps the most precarious position of Japan, surrounded by potential enemies on either side, I have decided to arm three more regiment of rifle-armed infantry and one more regiment of mounted samurai. If any traditional forces remain they are to be immediately rearmed with modern equipment. In this way we will protect our interests from our power hungry neighbors.

~ Ota Sukekatsu; 3rd Lord Fureno-Shizuoka & Roju Rep. of Chubu

(( Construct 3 Infantry Brigades || Construct 1 Cavalry Brigade || Disband any irregulars, replace them with infantry ))

Japanese Industrialization Act: No
Nippon School Reform: Yes

[Provincial Daimyo]
[Chubu]

The inconprehensible american is right: we have to build more ports.
My province is sealocked so I ask to the venerable Lords of Tohuku to give me the permission to build a port in Yamagata.

-- Takeshi Ohba, Daimyo of Yamagata.

((If Naxhi followed through with the directions of the earlier naval act, then Nagasaki, Yokohama and Osaka should already have ports.))

((If Naxhi followed through with the directions of the earlier naval act, then Nagasaki, Yokohama and Osaka should already have ports.))

((If I ever run an IAAR, you get three OOC's per year.))

((If I ever run an IAAR, you get three OOC's per year.))

((I posses the elusive "real life" bonus, which grants me an unlimited number of OOCs to discuss relevant AAR issues in lieu of my utter disdain for IRC. :p))

Japanese Industrialization Act: Yes
Nippon School Reform: No
[Provincial Daimyo]
[Kyushu]

Yamamoto Hirakuni

((zenphoenix, I think it is safe to say we have all moved on from the last war and that you survived without blame for your many defeats.))

((zenphoenix, I think it is safe to say we have all moved on from the last war and that you survived without blame for your many defeats.))
((Good to hear that. I was thinking about how to write the bio for Sakamoto Ryoma, but I guess I'll wait until my current character dies for real.))

((Zen, aren't you the last surviving member of the IRF?))

((I don't recall joining it in the first place...either that or I was rejected from it.
If it turns out I'm the last member of the IRF, then I might think of a way to restructure it according to my character's beliefs.))

((I don't recall joining it in the first place...either that or I was rejected from it.
If it turns out I'm the last member of the IRF, then I might think of a way to restructure it according to my character's beliefs.))

((You joined before Kishiwada died. I distinctly remember that. Oh, here is the evidence.))

((private Kishiwada Aito @mrlifeless))

I would like to pledge my allegiance to the Imperial Restoration Faction.
((Is this how it works? I'll delete the post if I did something incorrectly.))

~Sakamoto Naotari

((So yeah your the sole survivor of the IRF, I suggest that you try to collect more supporters. But I'm not apart of it anymore so I guess it is up to you.))

((I thought I was rejected from that on account of my being on trial and slated for execution.))

((Why would that stop the IRF from accepting you? You would be a martyr.))

((You're right, I am the only surving member of the IRF. Better start coming for a new name/policy for it.))

((If your character is still alive and possesses a clean record then you could probably join the Fujin League now if you wanted.))

((Private @LordTempest @Michaelangelo))

To the Honorable Lord Hosokawa and Lord Ito:

As the last surviving member and de facto leader of the Imperial Restoration Faction, I would like to propose the incorporation of the Imperial Restoration Faction and its affiliated assets and members into the Fujin League. You shall receive all documents and assets that the IRF possesses, and in return my son and I shall become members of the Fujin League. The IRF as an independent faction shall cease to exist and be folded into the Fujin League.
My son and I have some ideas that could benefit your league and help us come closer to our goal of modernization and more power for the Emperor, including reforms for the government to better resemble that of the gaijin warrior kingdom in プロイセン (Puroisen), with the goal of striking a balance between modernization and preserving our culture.

Regards,
Sakamoto Naotari
Sakamoto Ryoma (from Berlin)

((Private @zenphoenix ))

To Sakamoto Naotari

While I am glad to see you are still interested in joining the Fujin League, I admit I am a little off-put by your confession of being a member of the Imperial Restoration Faction. That rebel faction was known to have received support from Nanban intent on overthrowing the Shogun. The extent of Nanban influence is uncertain, and frankly I fear that accepting the resources that once belonged to the Imperial Restoration Faction may thus tie the Fujin League to them and lead to condemnation if discovered. While we do favour an increased role for the Emperor as he rightly deserves, we do not openly oppose the Shogun. Such a move would be considered as treason and endanger the Fujin League. While the ultimate decision should be left to my Roju, I would be willing to accept you into our faction if you swear to cut all ties to any Nanban that the Imperial Restoration Faction held. If you possess any damning evidence against your former faction, I suggest you keep that as distant from the Fujin League as possible. We want nothing to do with any possible acts of treason.

- Daimyo Ito Katashi of Miyazaki