• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Option A. I have no ability or right to refuse such an appointment. (Grants Oniwaban-Leader Bonus).

((Naxhi, are previously made private posts able to be made public? So for example, could Dada theoretically discover the secret pro-imperial faction and make that public?))

((Naxhi, are previously made private posts able to be made public? So for example, could Dada theoretically discover the secret pro-imperial faction and make that public?))

((He has to roll well on a dice roll, but theoretically, Dadarian can now try to expose the members of the Imperial Faction and make their identities public))

((Why are they secret?

I like the sound of Zeno haha.))

Kansai will recruit 3 rifle-armed ashigaru regerments and modernise the standing armies ((build 3 infantry and recruit one regiment of regular infantry for every irregular unit currently in service. Once a regular infantry unit is successfully recruited, a unit of irregular infantry will be disbanded))

Last edited:
On behalf of the people of Kyushu, I announce that the modernisation of the Shogun's armies west of Choshu will begin post-haste. To defend against a possible Dutch invasion, all spear, bow and teppo-armed ashigaru are to be equipped with the latest western rifles and trained in the most modern combat techniques.

-- Hosokawa-dono, Lord of Higo and Roju of Kyushu

((Kyushu will recruit one regiment of regular infantry for every irregular unit currently in service. Once a regular infantry unit is successfully recruited, a unit of irregular infantry will be disbanded to simulate that unit being "upgraded" to regular status. This will continue until all irregulars are "upgraded" to regulars.))

((Private, Imperial Restoration Faction))

JX3MNnA.png

Dear Honorable Lords

My name is James Stirling, a servant of Her Majesty Queen Victoria of Britain. As you hopefully know, the British regard themselves as the biggest power in the world, with the greatest economy and the largest military on Earth. We have been watching the situation in Japan unfold with great interest. Already, we have traders on-route to Japan to start trade negotiations with China, Korea, and Japan. However, there is a problem that the British government wishes to express. The Shogunate has never been kind to outsiders, and the Shogunate has never allowed sufficient trading with western powers. The Shogunate continues to isolate his country from the outside world, harming the international trade in Asia. However, the British did learn about your faction, the faction that aims of removing the Shogun from Japan. The British see this faction as a way to open up trade with Japan, and to allow Japan to prosper industrially and economically. The British government wishes to express a possible deal between the British Empire and that of the Imperial Restoration Faction. The faction will receive British funding, British arms, and British protection should you be discovered. In return, the faction must overthrow and destroy the institution of the Shogun, and fully open up Japan to the western world, as well as allow British traders better deals in ports compared to other European powers. We hope that you agree to this proposition. On these ships inbound to Japan, one of them contains a stash of weapons and cash to be used by the Imperial Restoration Faction to help their cause. The ships shall be docked in Nagasaki, and we want members of the Faction to greet us with the word "Kettle" to identify yourself. Consider this a gift to the Faction. I hope my representatives get a positive response from you honorable lords.

-Captain James Stirling, Captain in the Australian Division of the British Navy

Last edited:
((Heh. Jim Sterling. :p BTW it's either cache or stash, not stache, which is short for moustache.))

((Private, Imperial Restoration Faction))

JX3MNnA.png

Dear Honorable Lords

My name is James Stirling, a servant of Her Majesty Queen Victoria of Britain. As you hopefully know, the British regard themselves as the biggest power in the world, with the greatest economy and the largest military on Earth. We have been watching the situation in Japan unfold with great interest. Already, we have traders on-route to Japan to start trade negotiations with China, Korea, and Japan. However, there is a problem that the British government wishes to express. The Shogunate has never been kind to outsiders, and the Shogunate has never allowed sufficient trading with western powers. The Shogunate continues to isolate his country from the outside world, harming the international trade in Asia. However, the British did learn about your faction, the faction that aims of removing the Shogun from Japan. The British see this faction as a way to open up trade with Japan, and to allow Japan to prosper industrially and economically. The British government wishes to express a possible deal between the British Empire and that of the Imperial Restoration Faction. The faction will receive British funding, British arms, and British protection should you be discovered. In return, the faction must overthrow and destroy the institution of the Shogun, and fully open up Japan to the western world, as well as allow British traders better deals in ports compared to other European powers. We hope that you agree to this proposition. On these ships inbound to Japan, one of them contains a stache of weapons and cash to be used by the Imperial Restoration Faction to help their cause. Consider this a gift to the Faction. I hope my representatives get a positive response from you honorable lords.

-Captain James Stirling, Captain in the Australian Division of the British Navy

((Private Captain James Stirling))

As the most powerful member of the Imperial Restoration Faction I accept your offer. And I hope this agreement will be the seed of a fruitful relationship

-Kishiwada Aito

((private Kishiwada Aito @mrlifeless))

I would like to pledge my allegiance to the Imperial Restoration Faction.
((Is this how it works? I'll delete the post if I did something incorrectly.))

~Sakamoto Naotari

By Order of the Shogun, On Behalf of the Emperor, By the Hand of the Oniwaban, the Imperial Restoration Faction shall be investigated for disturbing the peace of the Realm.

-----
As Advisor of Domestic Issues, I have no major plans or changes slated for Edo or Japan at this time.

Reactions:
By Order of the Shogun, On Behalf of the Emperor, By the Hand of the Oniwaban, the Imperial Restoration Faction shall be investigated for disturbing the peace of the Realm.

-----
As Advisor of Domestic Issues, I have no major plans or changes slated for Edo or Japan at this time.

((Via program that creates a random number from 1-10, you rolled a 3

"You send out your agents to investigate the Imperial Restoration Faction, the alleged society that is threatening to topple the Shogun and reinstate the Emperor, and ideal that has not been brought up in over 700 years. However, the Imperial Restoration Faction is elusive. Your agents have a hard time getting leads to their whereabouts, and you struggle to get a clue to their location or who their members are. However, your agents do make a chilling discover. The Imperial Restoration Faction is learned to be receiving aide from an outside force. Weapons found in an IRF location indicate they are not of Asian origin, so it is safe to assume a European power is supplying them, just a matter of what nation and why. So far, the Dutch, Portuguese, and Spanish traders have denied any involvement in supply, but they do admit the guns found are of European origin. Perhaps if you find the Europeans supplying them, you can find the IRF."

(You have failed to reveal any members, but you know that a European power is supplying the IRF with equipment. Do with this what you want)

))

(Send a gift to the Dutch, Aim for Russia to sphere us. As ordered by the great Tairo himself. Raise 3 infantry and disband 3 irregulars)

Iron Horse Decree of Ninko 29: Yes
The Japanese Naval Self-Strengthening Act: Yes

[Provincial Daimyo]
[Kyushu]