• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((From what Viola has told me, the act will reform weapons to "Imported Weapons"))

((Imported ships would allow us to build naval bases, which fits the spirit of the act better than imported weapons would.))

I suggest this reform as well as the others already proposed.

天保の改革

Tenpo no kaikaku

Tenpo Reforms

I: The Shogun will take all of the crop from the farms of Japan.

~A: Each Daimyo will be issued 1000 石 per year for them and their household.

~B: Each Daimyo will be issued an amount of 石 equal to the [estimated] population of their domain.

~C: The Shogun will stockpile any surplus crop after having taken 5000 石 for his household and 1000 石 for the Emperor.

II: The 金 [Kin] shall become the default currency of Japan.

~A: All other currency will be declared defunct and will no longer be accepted in transactions.

~B: Former currencies can be exchanged for金.

~C: Minting of金 shall be carefully controlled by the Shogun.

~D: Each 金 will be worth 5 pence.

III: New harbours will be made in all the coastal provinces of Japan.

~A: Merchants can invest in the ports in return for the right to trade in the ports.

~B: The harbors will be intended for trade with the Nanban; this will be conducted under the rules outlined in the Edict to Open National Harbours.

~C: They will be added to the list of ports allowed to trade with Nanban.

While I support the advancement of domestic Japanese naval skills, I must issue caution to the effort. Let us not become like the Nanban and become barbarians while trying to satisfy our base need to grow. The Emperor will protect and provide.

While I support the advancement of domestic Japanese naval skills, I must issue caution to the effort. Let us not become like the Nanban and become barbarians while trying to satisfy our base need to grow. The Emperor will protect and provide.

Narinori-san, while I agree with your cautious attitude, we must not act too foolish in front of these Nanban invaders. They think our godly Emperor is no god, and that their false one is correct. So, we should play with the Nanban's small, idiotic minds and convince them that we will "adopt" their beliefs.

- Hideki Seita, Samurai in Kanto

convince them that we will "adopt" their beliefs.
While I see nothing wrong with this, I urge caution in doing so, lest you end up actually adopting their beliefs and renouncing His Imperial Highness's divinity.

I will run for Roju of Chubu

Player Actions: Daimyo, please vote on the following:

Sample Ballot:

(For Daimyo in Tohuku) Roju Representative: Takeshi ((LoggingOut))/Satake ((Firehound15))
(For Daimyo in Chubu) Roju Representative: Uesugi ((Dadarian))/Sugawara ((Canadian_95_RTS))

[Region]

Marschalk, Tempest, Andre, oxford, and Terra win their region by default since either no one stood up to oppose them or the defending Roju member never declared to defend his title. IC wise you do not know though you have been appointed, just saying you dont need to vote on your position.

Voting ends either when all in the above regions have voted or at 9:00 PM EST on Tuesday or 1:00 AM GMT on Wednesday.

Roju Representative: Satake

[Tohuku]

Roju Representative: None

[Chugoku]

I do not see the Daimyo currently requesting the region's support for him in the Roju as being qualified for this honorable position. He has not taken any involvement or concern with the affairs of Japan in this past few years while I served as the Roju for this region. And his association with the Thunder Alliance, a social group which does not put the maintenance of society as it's main concern, is also uneasy. Thus, I do not suggest that the Shogun recognize Daimyo Asano Naritaka of the Hiroshima Domain as the Roju of the most honorable region of Chugoku, as I will be doing the same.

- Daimyo Mori Takachika of the Chosu Domain

I suggest this reform as well as the others already proposed.

天保の改革

Tenpo no kaikaku

Tenpo Reforms

I: The Shogun will take all of the crop from the farms of Japan.

~A: Each Daimyo will be issued 1000 石 per year for them and their household.

~B: Each Daimyo will be issued an amount of 石 equal to the [estimated] population of their domain.

~C: The Shogun will stockpile any surplus crop after having taken 5000 石 for his household and 1000 石 for the Emperor.

II: The 金 [Kin] shall become the default currency of Japan.

~A: All other currency will be declared defunct and will no longer be accepted in transactions.

~B: Former currencies can be exchanged for金.

~C: Minting of 金 shall be carefully controlled by the Shogun.

~D: Each 金 will be worth 5 pence.

III: New harbours will be made in all the coastal provinces of Japan.

~A: Merchants can invest in the ports in return for the right to trade in the ports.

~B: The harbors will be intended for trade with the Nanban; this will be conducted under the rules outlined in the Edict to Open National Harbours.

~C: They will be added to the list of ports allowed to trade with Nanban.

To clarify:
Taxes must be set so poor have their life needs. There must be atleast 80% with life needs fufilled.
Taxes must be set so middle have their life needs. There must be atleast 80% with life needs fufilled.
Taxes must be set so upper have their luxury needs. There must be atleast 80% with life needs fufilled.
Ports will be expanded in every province.

Roju Representative: Uesugi

[Chubu]

~ Yoshito; 1st Lord Fureno-Shizuoka

((Private-Shogun))
Dear most honorable Shogun of the gracious land of Nippon,

I am certain that you have heard that I refuse to recognize Daimyo Asano Naritaka of the Hiroshima Domain as the Roju of Chugoku. I hope to detail my reason for protest against him.

Daimyo Naritaka wishes to associate himself with the Thunder Alliance. The Alliance wishes to promote regionalism throughout Japan. They clearly want to break up Nippon into Civil War. This is very dangerous, and I am worried that they might soon divide Nippon into two sides. Whille I admit I supported a member of the Alliance in their bid for Head Elder of the Roju, this was because I trusted that this Daimyo would not lead to disorder and instability. I do not have this trust with the rest of the members in the Alliance.

I must also point out the complete lack of experience from Daimyo Naritaka. Besides being a relatively dormant Daimyo, there is no qualification for this prestigious position. I, however, posses a lot of experience. Being both Kyoto Shosedei and Roju representative for the last four years. Daimyo Naritaka has nothing to show.

Therefore, I hope you take into my account my grievances. And that if you insist on appointing Daimyo Naritaka to the position of Roju I will respect your decision. But I will request that if this is done that I be represented by another Roju representative from a different region.

- Daimyo Mori Takachika of the Chosu Domain

Last edited:
((Private-Shogun))

To most honorable Shogun

My liege,

I have been informed that Daimyo Mori Takachika of the Chosu Domain spreads vile rumors about myself and claims that I did not interest myself in the affairs of state - which is not true, since I quite explicitly expressed my resistance to many of the treasonous and harmful proposals, such as Reformation of the Governance of the Empire, defending both your position and our traditional society within the Council of Daimyos. He claims that I have been dormant - which is not true again, for I have been tirelessly governing my domain, bettering it for yourself and Nippon, while he mostly used his position to champion his private political beliefs.

But while usually such lies would be only a matter between the two of us and we could solve them in a manner befitting the nobles of the realm, now is a matter of something else- for all of this is spouted by Daimyo Mori in relation to the rumors regarding the future appointments to Roju. He forgets that the Senior Council is the organ to be chosen by yourself and serve only yourself, not Mori Takachika and his minions. He clearly believes that your decision is something he can recognize or not recognize, he believes that through his blind protestations he can force yourself to keep him in a position of power (for it ls clear that all this noise is caused only due to rumors that he would be removed from Roju). While myself, it must be noted, never disgraced Daimyo of Chosu by such protestations, giving him my obedience while he was in office. It worries me greatly, my lord, that a Daimyo forgets about our ancient virtues of the unquestioned obedience and respect to seniors - be it the Emperor, Shogun or a Senior Councillor. For if an apprentice would try to censure the master, if a hatamoto would try to censure a daimyo and daimyo a Senior Councilor - what would happen to Nippon?

Therefore, if Daimyo Takachika would continue such behavior after new appointments are announced and would refuse to obey your orders and that of a Roju appointed by yourself, I would beg that he is treated a rebel - or, at least, summoned to Edo to receive instructions that would kick him back into line.

I remain an obedient servant of yourself and the Bakufu

- Daimyo Asano Naritaka of the Hiroshima Domain

Last edited: