• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is imperative the the future leaders of Nippon know what the gaijin are capable of so that they
can preserve the Empire and our culture and civilization.
To this end I have arranged for my son Ryoma to be sent to the land of プロイセン (Puroisen), or "Prussia" as they call it, to be educated in gaijin customs and technology. The gaijin there have a warrior-based society much like our own, so when he returns he hopefully will have a way to integrate gaijin technology into our nation without destroying it and its way of life.

Japanese Industrialization Act*: Yes
Nippon School Reform*: Yes

[Karo]
[Shikoku]

~Sakamoto

((Wait, didn't we execute you or force you to commit Seppuku or something?))

((Did you guys follow up on that? I never read anything about putting me on trial, much less execution/seppuku. All I recall is that somebody accused me of treason and then everybody forgot about it.))

I'm positive that the Tairo will be delighted to see that Lord Uesugi continues to serve as Roju for Chubu in all but name.

JIA: Yea
Education Act: Abstain

[Regional, Kyushu]

- Hosokawa-dono, Lord of Higo and Roju of Kyushu

You have deserted honour Lord Hosokawa. If the Lord Uesugi truly continued to serve as you have claimed do you really think that Chubu would've voted against having Satake as Tairo? I do not vote for Uesugi, nor do I vote for myself; I vote for Chubu: a land of Honour and Determination, qualities Kyushu appears to lack.

~ Ota Sukekatsu; 3rd Lord Fureno-Shizuoka & Rojū Rep of Chubu

((Everyone was far more interested in Kishiwada; so as far as I know no ruling was made.))

Ito Katashi turns to one of his servants after word reaches Nippon from the American ambassador.

These Americans speak such a strange dialect. I was told they spoke the same language as the British, but this tongue is entirely foreign from that. How peculiar.

((I honestly understood like half of that speech. No wonder my creative writing professors always said to rely on word placement for accents instead of purposely misspelling words. :p))

Last edited:
Reactions:
When we reform education, it should be on the basis of emphasizing local customs and appreciation of Nippon's natural beauty. For now we should concentrate on making workshops that will produce the weapons and ships that will gird us for future battles.

Japanese Industrialization Act*: Yes
Nippon School Reform*: No

[Provincial Daimyo]

[Tohuku]
[Nada]

Ito Katashi turns to one of his servants after word reaches Nippon from the American ambassador.

These Americans speak such a strange dialect. I was told they spoke the same language as the British, but this tongue is entirely foreign from that. How peculiar.

((I honestly understood like half of that speech. No wonder my creative writing professors always said to rely on word placement for accents instead of purposely misspelling words. :p))

It is a shame the Honerable Perry could not stay, he was far more elaquent.

You have deserted honour Lord Hosokawa. If the Lord Uesugi truly continued to serve as you have claimed do you really think that Chubu would've voted against having Satake as Tairo? I do not vote for Uesugi, nor do I vote for myself; I vote for Chubu: a land of Honour and Determination, qualities Kyushu appears to lack.

~ Ota Sukekatsu; 3rd Lord Fureno-Shizuoka & Rojū Rep of Chubu

Such a shame then that such Northern displays of honour and determination were nowhere to be seen when the British invaded. I'm sure the honourable men of Kyushu who fought and died in order to keep them out would have appreciated such valour.

- Hosokawa-dono, Lord of Higo and Roju of Kyushu.

Japanese Industrialization Act: Yes
Nippon School Reform: Yes

[Regional Daimyo]
[Kansai]

Such a shame then that such Northern displays of honour and determination were nowhere to be seen when the British invaded. I'm sure the honourable men of Kyushu who fought and died in order to keep them out would have appreciated such valour.

- Hosokawa-dono, Lord of Higo and Roju of Kyushu.

During the war the Honourable Lord Uesagi acted as he saw fit. I am not accountable for his actions, nor are my fellow Daimyo. If anyone is the to blame it is Matsui, for it was his actions which led to war.

You accuse us of being a part of the North, clearly your understanding of my home regions politics is minimal. We are the centre of Japan, the divide between North and South.

~ Ota Sukekatsu; 3rd Lord Fureno-Shizuoka & Rōju Rep for Chubu

During the war the Honourable Lord Uesagi acted as he saw fit. I am not accountable for his actions, nor are my fellow Daimyo.

Funny; you do seem to be rather accountable to his opinion.

You accuse us of being a part of the North, clearly your understanding of my home regions politics is minimal. We are the centre of Japan, the divide between North and South.

*Hosokawa Chuckles*

The seat of the Imperial Court is the centre of Japan - every child knows that. Or am I to infer from your comment that you subscribe to that particularly odious school of thought which seeks to drive out what little influence the Son of Amaterasu retains in national affairs?

-- Hosokawa-dono, Lord of Higo and Roju of Kyushu

*Hosokawa Chuckles*

The seat of the Imperial Court is the centre of Japan - every child knows that. Or am I to infer from your comment that you subscribe to that particularly odious school of thought which seeks to drive out what little influence the Son of Amaterasu retains in national affairs?

When I said that Chubu was at the Centre of Japan I was referring to multiple facts. The First and likely most relevant is the way my people view themselves. No respectable Chubun would ever say they were from the North of Japan. Furthermore Chubu lies between the two centres of power in Japan; Edo and Kyoto. Throughout our history Kyoto has been called the Southern or Imperial Court and Edo the Northern or Shogun's Court.

The center of Nippon is wherever the Shogun sets his tent.
- Daimyo Tsugaru

Throughout our history Kyoto has been called the Southern or Imperial Court and Edo the Northern or Shogun's Court.

And roughly what percentage of Chubu is north of Edo again?

And roughly what percentage of Chubu is north of Edo again?

Your lack of knowledge astounds me Hosokawa-san. If you cared to check your map you might find that Chubu is to the South-West of Edo. Perhaps this information will persuade you to admit your blunder.

((For those of you confused by the dialect, the Americans want you to build three new naval bases. I will leave that up to the individual Roju to get that accomplished))

The Kansai Region will, in accordance with the will of the Emperor and the Shogun, build a drydock in Wakayama, it will also fund the modernization and expansion of the Kansai Regional Protection Forces.

Daimyo Tanabe Shinzou

((Drydock will be commissioned in Wakayama, all irregulars will be replaced with regular soldiers, if the Kansai region can expand its armed forces, new Regulars will be build, up to five frigates will be build to protect Kansai and Nippon))

(Crazy that I understood everything Kingy wrote.)

Japanese Industrialization Act: Yes
Nippon School Reform: Yes

[Regional Daimyo]
[Kanto]

As lord of Yokohama and Daimyo of Kanto I shall resume our efforts to modernize the equipment of our brave warriors. We will disband the 3 units of irregulars but these men will be handed better weapons to defend our beloved homeland in addition to 4 more units to be formed up. Seeing as only Yokohama has a port in the region, I will also build another port in Chiba. (disband the 3 irregular units, recruit 7 infantry units and build a port in Chiba.)

~ Motoro Kusenagi