- Apr 30, 2013
Regarding the Recent Proposals by National-Liberal MP'sThe proposed bills from the Lord Tanabe Shinzou are unneeded bills that seek to establish in full law the Dateist dictatorship of NLP Prime Ministers and their henchmen. The Farmer-Labor Party will oppose the Restoration of the Sacred Duties and Traditions of His Imperial Majesty Act, the Constitutional Principles Act, the State of Emergency Act, and the Representation Act. Any party members that support these bills will be ejected from the party due to our values of promoting peace, democracy, and progress. Furthermore, the Farmer-Labor Party will support the Reform of Old Age Welfare Act. All other bills at this time will be the subject of each member's own conscience.
Also, fellow members of the Imperial Diet I propose these bills:
The Expansion of Suffrage Act
1. All Japanese men over the age of 22 will have the right to vote in any and all elections occurring in the address of their residency.
2. All restrictions (monetary, literacy, etc.) on voting for Japanese men older than 22 with a valid residency are banned by law.
3. Japanese men over the age of 22 without a valid residency must apply to the Ministry of the Interior to be granted a temporary voting license that must be renewed every 3 years.
4. All Japanese men serving in the armed forces over the age of 22 outside of Japan will be given the absentee ballot for every election taking place in their residency.
The Legalization of Association Act
1. The ban on trade unions will be overturned in its entirety.
2. Trade unions will be required to undergo a check to ensure there is no affiliation with a political party at the time of founding and again after every 5 years.
The Agricultural Independence Act
1. All farmers who primarily grow and sell food products and products needed by Japanese industry will receive subsidies to cover losses by natural circumstances.
2. All farmers may receive a loan from the office of the Ministry of the Interior with an interest rate not exceeding 1% or less than 0.1%.
3. Food products that are imported into Japan will have a tariff of 5% levied upon them unless they are of luxury status.