• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Spring 1973 Results

Spring 1973 Results

The NATO Bear's surrounded and defeated Baltic Sea navy will be disbanded. :) I didn't lose Denmark, Kiel, or Sweden. :D Do you think the Bear believes in fighting retreats? I don't because he tried to break through my navies surrounding the Baltic. ;)

I think the Bear and French Lion may have a non-aggression pact. Do you?

In Italy, the Bear's navies are positioned to drive me out of Rome.

Fall 1973 Plans

Fall 1973 Plans

I will capture Norway. If he picks the right plan, the NATO Bear can recapture Denmark and Rome.

Moving an army to Silesia will let the army in Bohemia protect Vienna from a French advance.

If the Bear recaptures Rome, I'll advance into the Ionian Sea this year. Otherwise, my navies are still moving into the Med.

"The Soviet Army knows only one language: Action. Respects only one word: Force"

Drive forward until there is nowhere left to go! :p :cool:

Fall 1973 Results

Fall 1973 Results

Volksmarschall, here's a little action and force for you but my navies did most of it.

I gained Norway and did not lose Denmark.

The French are less threatening after their retreat to Marseilles.

The NATO Bear kept me out of the Ionian Sea but failed to recapture Rome.

I suppose that now you are entering west Europe it is a little bit harder to manuever. If you were in the open space of Russia, Nato would have been long gone. ;)

I find it a bit ironic, that it's the NATO 'Bear' that is on the verge of being destroyed. :p

If I haven't said it yet, I give you props for doing a Diplomacy AAR; these have been great to be a part of, especially since I'm an old-school Diplomacy boardgame fan.

Keep up the great work! :cool:

1973 Builds

Volksmarschall, it's no more ironic than my earlier campaign against the Soviet 'Eagle'.

1973 Builds

The NATO Bear disbanded his army in England.

To increase pressure in the north, I built navies in Livonia and St. Petersburg (north coast).

Comagoosie, it is hard to maneuver west north of Switzerland on the ground. My northern navies will be breaking the deadlock; 7 navies against 2 is not a very fair fight.

I also built a navy in Sevastopol to pressure the Bear in the Med.

I now outnumber the Bear in armies and navies on every front.

With 11 armies and 11 navies, I stopped building units at this point.

paul_man: ...The NATO Bear disbanded his army in England.

the AI finally made a good choice. too late, but perhaps there is still hope for a decent AI... ;)

paul_man: ...I now outnumber the Bear in armies and navies on every front.

excellent ! ! :)

Last edited:
the AI finally made a good choice. too late, but perhaps their is still hope for a decent AI... ;)

I'm not sure if this was a good choice; it was the best choice available to the AI.

Last edited:
paul_man: I'm not sure if this was a good choice; it was the best choice available to the AI.

it seems to me that the best choice available is a good choice... ;)

Spring 1974 Plans

Spring 1974 Plans

The navy in St. Petersburg moves into the Barents Sea (enroute to North Atlantic). The navy in Sweden moves to the Skagerrak (an obvious way to pressure the NATO Bear).

The Bear can recapture Kiel (briefly) if he uses all his northern units in the attack (Helgoland Bight/Holland/Ruhr vs. Kiel/Berlin) or as diversions (North Sea vs. Denmark, Burgundy vs. Munich); he won't recapture Denmark. Since I don't expect the AI to come up with this complicated plan, I think I'll hold onto Kiel.

In the south, the Bear can capture Rome or let me occupy the Ionian Sea. Either way, I like my prospects.

This is the last screen shot I saved showing my plans.

Fall 1974

Fall 1974

OOPS! I forgot to save the screen shot showing what happened in Spring 1974. I advanced to the Ionian Sea and held Kiel and Rome against halfhearted NATO attacks.

This turn, the French Lion occupied London, the main reason I think disbanding the NATO army in London was not a good idea. After my progress in the spring, the NATO Bear could no longer capture Kiel.

My army in Smyrna was convoyed to Tunis; the Bear could have captured Rome but did not.

With the Lion in London, the Lion and Bear are on an equal footing except the Bear has to protect himself against me and the Lion. Poor, pitiful, pathetic Bear!

paul_man: ...This turn, the French Lion occupied London, the main reason I think disbanding the NATO army in London was not a good idea.

oops. there goes any hope for a decent AI ! ! :rolleyes:

excellent updates ! ! :cool:

"Never trust the French." :p

Spring 1975

Spring 1975

The NATO Bear's navy in the North Sea retreated to London after my attack. I missed a chance to speed the Bear's defeat by not occupying the Ruhr, a chance I would keep missing.

I moved into the Adriatic and attacked Apulia from Rome (I was tired of wondering if I could hold it against the Bear; the Bear's defeated navy retreated to Naples (vacated when NATO recaptured Rome).

keep up the good work ! ! :cool:

Fall 1975

Fall 1975

I destroyed the surrounded NATO navy in the Helgoland Bight. My army in Norway is ready to be convoyed to Britain or the Low Countries.

The French Lion captured Belgium and Liverpool; the NATO Bear has only one of his home supply centers, Rome, in his hands.

I drove the Lion out of Italy for good; the Bear prevented me from moving a navy to Tunis this turn.