• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(138164)

Second Lieutenant
Mar 24, 2009
INTRODUCTION

I (Warsaw Pact) would have liked better neighbors than the Snake (Sweden) and Monkey (Yugoslavia) and will crush them when they step out of line. I wonder what problems the Lion (France) and Tiger (Spain) will cause the Bear (NATO). The Dragon (Tunisia) is not going to have many opportunities to show his capabilities.

Last edited:
Now you will be doing the Warsaw Pact, great! Now we get too see just how effective those beautiful Soviet tanks really are! :p

But maybe Marshal Tito will can be a useful ally? Good luck!

great a diplomocy AAR always liked the game. i hope they make a sequal in a few years and try to get the betrayal and false communicattion aspect in it. again will be following this AAr

Fall 1969 Soviet Plans

FALL 1969 PLANS
In unsuccessful negotiations with the Snake, I offered my help if he attacked Norway. If he changes his mind, he'll get my support.
In Germany, I can't stop the NATO Bear from capturing Berlin. My attacks are designed to stop him from building a new unit in Kiel, his only home supply center adjacent to the war front. At the same time, I'm rushing reinforcements to the German front.
Grabbing Vienna and moving from Moscow to the Ukraine helps create a continuous front against the Yugoslavian Monkey.

I agreed to help the Monkey take Greece from the Bear. I also made sure the Bear did not take Bulgaria from me.
Moving into the Black Sea helps me defend Bulgaria and invade Turkey, both worthwhile goals.

Last edited:
"Monkey" Tito

But maybe Marshal Tito will can be a useful ally? Good luck!
He might be a useful ally. At this point, he seems more cooperative than the Snake.

Fall 1969 Results

FALL 1969 RESULTS

Why did the NATO Bear leave his army in Liverpool? He kept reinforcements from reaching his most secure base! I also think his fleet in York is misplaced. I think letting the Monkey gain control of Venice was another mistake by the Bear, especially since he can't use his new fleet in Rome to force the Monkey out of Venice.

Maybe I can use the Snake's invasion of Denmark to my advantage; the fleet in Sweden is a menace to Livonia.

The German front looks promising, especially since the Bear built a fleet in Belgium.

I don't see any problems advancing my army in Ukraine to Budapest next year, even if the Monkey strikes in that direction.

My new army in Sevastopol will move into Turkey (attacking the Bear's weakest front).

If the Bear and Monkey combine all their forces, I'll lose my army in Bulgaria which may speed up my invasion of Turkey (from Sevastopol).

P.S. Would little pictures showing each area I discuss be better than 1 big picture showing the whole map? Right now, I don't want to give a big picture with additional little pictures.

Last edited:
"Uncle Leo" plans his Spring 1970 offensive

Spring 1970 Plans
Again, I hope the Swedish Snake uses my help to attack Norway although he refused my offer in negotiations.

In Germany, I plan to take Munich (attack from Silesia supported by Berlin and Bohemia). Unless the Snake attacks my Baltic Sea fleet, the NATO Bear won't take Berlin in response. I'm not advancing from Berlin because I don't want the Bear to retreat from Munich to Berlin.

I'm moving up to secure the Yugoslavian front.

While defending Bulgaria to the utmost against a combined NATO/Yugoslav attack (remember the Bear's fleet in the Aegean), I invade Turkey.

The Turkish Front is certainly important for you, as it holds three supply points and would definatley be a major loss for NATO.

The Turkish Front is certainly important for you, as it holds three supply points and would definitely be a major loss for NATO.
I agree. Interestingly enough, I have never seen an AI-controlled Warsaw Pact make a major effort to capture Turkey. They all seem obsessed with driving their armies to the French coast while letting me bottle their fleets up in the Baltic and Black Seas.

Spring 1970 Results

Spring 1970 Results

The Swedish Snake attacked Norway successfully with my help.

I fought off the NATO Bear's attack on Berlin (from Munich supported by Kiel) and captured Munich. The insert of Germany shows the Bear's retreat to the Ruhr.

The Bear and Yugoslav Monkey attacked Bulgaria independently; my defense held.

I appreciate the Bear making things easy for me in Turkey by moving from the Aegean to the Ionian Sea.

How much trouble will the Monkey cause the French Lion in Marseilles?

Attachments

• warsaw06.png
    warsaw06.png
    616,4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Fall 1970 Plans

Fall 1970 Plans

I'm gambling the Bear (NATO) and Lion (France) won't gang up to push me out of Munich in order to attack Kiel.

Only time will tell if the Bear will defend Kiel as much as I would. If he does, my attack will fail!

By moving into Budapest, I establish my continuous front.

I'm also testing the Bear's determination to defend Turkey (unsupported attack on Ankara).

Fall 1970 Results

Fall 1970 Results

My gambles paid off on the German front; I occupied Kiel and hung onto Munich. :) The NATO Bear retreated from Kiel to Holland (see insert).

The Bear liberated Denmark from Swedish control (probably the reason he lost Kiel).

Although the Monkey (Yugoslavia) captured Marseilles, I think he won't hang onto it long; the French Lion has him outgunned.

I also made progress in Turkey, capturing Ankara! :rolleyes:

The Bear successfully counterattacked the Monkey, capturing Venice and Trieste.

By ignoring the Turkish front, the Bear captured Tunisia (the Dragon is history).

The Bear seems to concentrate lightweight nations, ignoring the heavyweight coming after him.

If NATO doesn't pick do anything with the French Problem (3 Supply points) certainly you'll steam them and NATO will be in an even worse position then it is right now...

Onwards Comrade!

Fall 1970 Builds

Fall 1970 Builds

The Tunisian Dragon is the first minor power to be eliminated. I'm sure others will join him.

The NATO Bear built 2 new armies in Liverpool and Belgium, neglecting the southern front. I suspect this may be a fatal error by the Bear!

I have as many supply centers and units as NATO!!! :rofl: My 10 armies (new armies in Berlin and Sevastopol) and 4 fleets (new fleet in Livonia), are opposed by the Bear's 7 armies and 7 fleets.

Last edited:
To the Atlantic!

Spring 1971 Plans

Spring 1971 Plans

My new fleet in Livonia was created to pressure the Swedish Snake, something it can't do sitting in port.

I don't feel comfortable expanding on the German front so I'll defend what I have. If the NATO Bear gets the French Lion to stage a diversionary attack on Munich, the Bear could liberate Kiel.:(

"Monkey" Tito, because of your 1970 attacks on Bulgaria :mad: I'm going to take Serbia (evil chuckle) unless the Bear stages a diversionary attack on Bulgaria :(. By attacking Constantinople, I prevent the Bear from helping the Monkey take Bulgaria from me. Because of my attack on Serbia, the Monkey can't help the Bear capture Bulgaria.

My new army in Sevastopol does its part to threaten Turkey.

Spring 1971 Results

Spring 1971 Results

The NATO Bear chose a truly awful way to gain a new supply center -- taking Norway with his North Sea fleet. He prevented himself from starting a major offensive against the French Lion and weakened the Swedish Snake's defenses against my eventual Scandinavian offensive.

I was surprised to see the Bear attack France without conveying an army to Belgium or moving a fleet to the English Channel (both made impossible when he moved his North Sea fleet); the French army in Burgundy retreated to Picardy.

I captured Serbia as planned; the Yugoslavian Monkey retreated from Serbia to Trieste (left surprisingly vacant by the Bear).

The Italian Front is weak! But the NATO Blockade (if I can call it that in the North Sea) has you locked up in the north and in the Baltic.