• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Bacax

Recruit
Apr 1, 2014
So, I started a new game, going unarmed. I pumped a bunch of starting points into unarmed, obviously, but did not put anything into one handed. Now, I seem to get 'weapon ineffective' a lot, and I noticed that my one handed skill is levelling up while I fight. I thought at first that it could be a certain ability that I was using, but I tried just auto-attacking for a while, and one handed still went up.

Does this mean that going unarmed uses both the unarmed and one handed skills? I looked in the combat log, and under the accuracy, where I hit, it just shows unarmed + bonus. It doesnt look like it is using one handed, so why is the skill going up?

Owl Raider

Colonel
55 Badges
Apr 22, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
In case you're still following this thread, Tyranny is funny in that you increase your skills somewhat randomly. While fighting unarmed your unarmed skill is the main skill you'll increase but other skills can also increase at random. This phenomenon is exemplified when leveling up as random skills get increased each time. What you can do now is disable certain skills from leveling up to make sure you're only leveling skills you're actually using. This will mean your overall level will be lower since your character's experience is directly tied to your skills. With that said since enemies scale up based on your own level this is actually a good thing rather than a bad thing. You'll have a few less skills to play with(but than most builds don't actually need all that many skills) but you'll be much stronger against enemies as they'll also scale less.