• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

levicallegario

Private
10 Badges
Jan 4, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Hi everyone,

As the title says I'm unable to load my saved game and to start new games in any map.
The charging bar starts loading but next to the end it stops and show something like this:

"Oops!

The game crashed.
The crash report folder named '2021-01-03_193348' next to the game executable.
It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!"

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Please gather both these two informational files, and attach them here:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 1075216!
The game has run out of available memory, and I suspect that Windows has exhausted its swap space. Please:

- expand your Windows paging file maximum size to 32gb
- unsubscribe from any mods and assets you don't actually need or use - they all consume memory all the time, even when not in use in the current city
- exit every other app you can before starting the game.

Good luck with that!

Please attach a new output log from just after that crash, thanks.

There's a lot of stuff happening in that log - maybe too much - but no actual crash. It was taken just after a crash, is that right? What did you actually see on the screen when that happened?

Could you start the game up again immediately, or you had to wait a while or reboot before it would start?

You have some old mods, some of which are known to be broken, so let's remove those. They might not be the cause, but they definitely won't help the game run. Unsubscribe these:

• TourismBuilder - very old, not been updated in over 5 years, likely broken
  • European Buildings Unlocker - broken, go into Styles in the Content Manager and enable the European Style instead. It does what the mod used to do
  • All 25 Areas purchasable (by tomdotio) - you already have one mod that does this, don't need two.

We can try this: In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:
-force-d3d9

Good luck with that!

I see you haven't implemented my last suggestion, so yes it will keep crashing while nothing changes!

I'm afraid that launch option is still not in effect in the game.
Raw Command Line: Cities.exe --pdx-launcher-session-token 53f73b16-062f-4ce7-b8f4-d384b10c66c7 --paradox-account-userid 0ce44fee-4995-4b31-ad7a-f7040e62a869
We saw one case a year or so ago where launch options were not being passed through, but I don't recall that we ever found out why. So are you sure you put it in successfully?

Even if you put it in wrong , something would show in the Raw Command Line , but there's nothing.

Please try a **clean** reinstall of Steam and game:

- Remove the game from Steam (uninstall)
- exit the Steam app completely
- Manually delete all these files and folders, if still there:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\
...\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\255710\
...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines
(first move the /saves/ folder elsewhere to keep your save games)
(To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer)

- delete everything in the Steam folder EXCEPT steam.exe and the SteamApps folder
- run steam.exe to rebuild all that
- add the
-force-d3d9 launch option again
- Install the game again and see if it runs now.

Good luck with that!