• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(146373)

Second Lieutenant
11 Badges
Jul 19, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Pillars of Eternity
Fixed. Unable to start game, help appreciated.

I found out this problem was being caused by my firewall, which is not compatible with Windows 7 despite falsely being called such.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...f/thread/a3c59caf-52e7-41b9-862d-1e96d2e17850

If anyone else has the same problem and uses COMODO firewall, you need to disable Defense+ when playing a game in full-screen mode.

Victoria Revolutions
Due to my problem, I'm unsure what patch number. Gamersgate version?

I don't know what any of this stuff means:

Windows 7 Home Premium
HP Notebook PC G71
Intel Core2 Duo 2.20 GHz, 2200 Mhz
4GB RAM
Local Disk (C: ) 207GB free of 285GB
DirectX 11

I read the stickies but I still have the following problem:

When I try to run the game, I get a black screen for several minutes before the intro movie plays.
After it has finished, I get the black screen for twice as long before the main menu comes up.
When it first comes up, the menu's background picture is compressed into the top of the screen unless I click one of the options and go back.
When I start a game, all of the tool-tips are covered in bars of contrasting color making them impossible to read.

I just bought the game and would love to start playing, but these problems make that impossible.

It may be worth mentioning that I experience the black screen problem every time I run a game for the first time, unlike Victoria and one other game, it never appears again after the first time.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: