• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alxeu

Hunting werewolves.
100 Badges
Feb 11, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Darkest Hour
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
I know this is a tech support issue, but this forum is barren, and this seems to be the only way to get attention from someone who may know what is wrong. If the moderators wish, they can move this thread.

On the AGCEEP mod, whenever I try and save, the game crashes. Could someone explain what is wrong, and how I can fix it? I have the base Steam install, if that helps.

It is likely the game does not have permission to write to the save directory. Are you using 1.2 or the latest 1.3 beta?

I"m using whichever version is on steam, but I'll try installing the beta over the game.

I have installed the beta, and it fixed the save game issue. Unfortunately, now the flags for Portugal and the Ottomans, as well as many minor nations, have disappeared, making them unselectable. I don't mind Portugal that much, but I would've wanted to play an Ottoman game sooner rather than later. This is using the latest beta now.

I have installed the beta, and it fixed the save game issue. Unfortunately, now the flags for Portugal and the Ottomans, as well as many minor nations, have disappeared, making them unselectable. I don't mind Portugal that much, but I would've wanted to play an Ottoman game sooner rather than later. This is using the latest beta now.

After starting the game check what shields you use under SETTINGS. If Glory is set then change to Enhanced if you want to play AGCEEP. Most mods support only one set of shields. The set of shields last used is used as the standard for the next game. So if the vanilla game uses Glory and the next time you start an AGCEEP game (that has only a complete Enhanced shield set) then you will be missing shields.

See here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?784836-issue-with-glory-shields

Could a mod move this thread to the techsupport forum? And for questions about the AGCEEP mod please use the AGCEEP subforum.

I put this thread here so someone might notice it. I was afraid that no one would notice in the tech support, as this forum is nearly dead.

I put this thread here so someone might notice it. I was afraid that no one would notice in the tech support, as this forum is nearly dead.

You keep stating that while you still receive answers. I´m not a zombie you know and MichaelM isn´t undead either ;-)

A bit off topic from this thread's original question:

Even though I outnumber the enemy armies by about 10 thousand men, and with army maintenance and morale at its highest, I still lose battles to inferior forces, even when I make sure I'm not crossing a river. A notable example is France/Dauphine vs England in HYW. Our army techs are the same, so I am just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Dice rolls do affect combat much, and the attacker often has penalties to his rolls - that's why it's easier to lure your enemy to attack. In FTG the AI can't change its mind while already moving troops, so luring your enemy is easier than in, say, EU 4.
Also, sliders do wonders - especially Quantity/Quality. If I remember everything right, French armies usually start with a slider somewhere in Quantity - thus having cheaper forces with lower morale.

But still, dice can doom an outnumbering force - well, until it's 10 to 1 , when the outnumbered are automatically massacred.

A bit off topic from this thread's original question:

Even though I outnumber the enemy armies by about 10 thousand men, and with army maintenance and morale at its highest, I still lose battles to inferior forces, even when I make sure I'm not crossing a river. A notable example is France/Dauphine vs England in HYW. Our army techs are the same, so I am just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?162087-Battle-system-FAQ-1.08

This should be the last part of the issue. Simply put, the enhanced option for shields is gone. Just gone, along with the similar options in the other menus. Is there a way to fix this?

This should be the last part of the issue. Simply put, the enhanced option for shields is gone. Just gone, along with the similar options in the other menus. Is there a way to fix this?

Not every mod supports everay set of shields. In the SETTINGS menu what mod or vanilla game did you select?
If AGCEEP then enhanced shields ought to be there.

Not every mod supports everay set of shields. In the SETTINGS menu what mod or vanilla game did you select?
If AGCEEP then enhanced shields ought to be there.

AGCEEP the option is just gone. Not there. Can't change shields, colorscale, or interface.

AGCEEP the option is just gone. Not there. Can't change shields, colorscale, or interface.

The option to select the AGCEEP mod is gone? Or you can select AGCEEP but you can´t then select shields for that mod?

The 1.3beta does not include the newest version of AGCEEP. So if you only have the AGCEEP version from the FtG 1.2 game then you may need to download the newest AGCEEP version yourself:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?509577-Version-1.59b4-is-up!

Its all fixed now. Thanks!

Hi i just recently bought EU2:FTG on steam, had the save game issue all mods, updated to patch 1.3b and updated AGCEEP to most recent and it appears to be working, as long as i used enhanced shields. I have issues with the AoT with alot of missing cultures when i try to load it up then crash. I updated AoT with the most recent patch on its thread, currently at a loss what else to do.

Edit: Oh yea and events don't seem to be working anymore either, the cheat codes still work fine though (loyola, dagama, etc).

Edit2: After some digging on the AoT thread seems that it wasn't updated to work with 1.3b, so no worries on that front, just need 2 versions of game if i want to run both.

Last edited:
Hi i just recently bought EU2:FTG on steam, had the save game issue all mods, updated to patch 1.3b and updated AGCEEP to most recent and it appears to be working, as long as i used enhanced shields. I have issues with the AoT with alot of missing cultures when i try to load it up then crash. I updated AoT with the most recent patch on its thread, currently at a loss what else to do.

That´s simple:
1) Don´t ask questions about mods in the main forum of FtG. That´s what the modding subforum is for.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?479-FtG-User-Modifications
Age of Timur even has it´s own thread there:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?442839-Age-of-Timur&p=19086565#post19086565
If you find a place better suited to ask a question, e.g. when you posted your question in the AoT subthread then you can edit and delete your own post in the other thread.
2) Don´t post the same question several times in different places after only a few minutes have passed. A gaming forum of a game that is a few years old usually has noone reacting within a few minutes and having the patience to wait a day before asking again should be expected from you.