• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RedWingen

Recruit
19 Badges
Mar 10, 2018
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
For some reason, CK III stopped launching on Xbox Game Pass. Even this morning, it was still working. Now I click on "Play" on the Paradox Launcher, it loads a little, then turns off.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Yep, same here. Everything was fine yesterday and today. I started the new game, switched the language in game launcher and now everything is broken and the game just fails to launch. Reinstalled, cleaned up the game data, nothing helps.

For some reason, CK III stopped launching on Xbox Game Pass. Even this morning, it was still working. Now I click on "Play" on the Paradox Launcher, it loads a little, then turns off.

Very similar to me, this morning i played about 4 hours, then it crushed, started again for few minutes, crushed, and then was unable to start. Maybe there was some weird update on xbox game pass during the day?

Okay, I managed to play. The solution is weird as hell, but it worked for me.

1. Start the Xbox game pass thingy. But don't start the game.
2. Go to your start menu and search for Crusader Kings.
OVwa8Ta.jpg
It probably looks different to you since I use a program to make it look like Windows 7. But anyway.

3. Right click on Crusader Kings III and start as admin
4. Start the game through Paradox Launcher...

... and hopefully it works for you too. I have no idea why this worked for me.

Edit:

Actually, could be because the launcher don't get admin credentials through the Game Pass thingy.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
For me it didn't even help to reinstall the game and delete folder Crusader Kings III from My documents.
I suppose there must be some issue with Xbox app. It worked for me before. I will try to do the same later on Admin account and I will check if it has anything in common.

When I tried to do things from instruction from @tomme25 it's not working - it says couldn't find the path... That is why maybe it will be working directly from admin account

I found a fix that worked for me @RedWingen on the CK discord

For those who are having issues launching the game (which there are many)

This is a fix that helped

C:\Users(YOURUSERNAME)\AppData\Local\Packages\ParadoxInteractive.ProjectTitus_zfnrdv2de78ny\SystemAppData delete folder called "wgs" then start game, it will start some syncing thing, STOP syncing process and game will run now so uh don't thank me thank a guy named @ Revi on the discord for this if it works for you

Edit: Revi told me to tell you to thank @ VDevs instead

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:

C:\Users(YOURUSERNAME)\AppData\Local\Packages\ParadoxInteractive.ProjectTitus_zfnrdv2de78ny\SystemAppData delete folder called "wgs" then start game, it will start some syncing thing, STOP syncing process and game will run now so uh don't thank me thank a guy named @ Revi on the discord for this if it works for you

It works THANK YOU :)

This worked for me. My saves still exist too. Thanks for the help.

My backstory: Game worked all the way through launch. Was playing Thursday (Sept 3rd) night, was fine. Decided to "Exit To Desktop" for the first time instead of exiting to the menu like I usually do. Launched around noon the next day, stopped working. No Windows Update, no software or driver updates. Turning off Windows Virus Protection didn't work, Ransomware Protection wasn't on, deleting the Documents>Paradox Interactive>Crusader Kings III folder didn't help.

In other thread there was a solution worked for me:

1. Right-click Crusader Kings icon from start menu and select 'more'->'App Setting'.
2. Press Terminate and Repair, and Reset and close the setting window
3. Go back to start menu and right click Crusader Kings and run the app as administrator.
4. Launcher will start. and Now the most important step. Start or resume game on Launcher. but game will try to open new window saying it's synching data.
stop this and select, dont sync.
5. game will start.

• 1Like
Reactions:

1. Right-click Crusader Kings icon from start menu and select 'more'->'App Setting'.
3. Go back to start menu and right click Crusader Kings and run the app as administrator.
4. Launcher will start. and Now the most important step. Start or resume game on Launcher. but game will try to open new window saying it's synching data.
5. game will start.

It works Thank you !!

5. game will start.
Thank you. Works. Why doesn't Paradox add this to their FAQ you can access from the launcher. Would have saved me an hour of looking for this.

Had this issue too, game worked fine on Tuesday and then I get some time to play it again on Saturday and it was crashing once after launching and then failing to do anything afterwards.
This was the worst since the game pass store gave zero indication anything was going on. If I tried to load it from my start menu I got told there was an error, but with a pointless error message to go to the windows store for more information on CK3, which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Reinstalled multiple times, repaired, updated drivers and ran as administrator and a few other suggested fixes - none working.

In the end I -THINK- it was the ransomware problem that TinyWiking posted about in this thread, though why it wasn't an issue on Tuesday but was today is beyond me. I've managed to get it to load up once after adding the path to an exception for the ransomware protection and a few other firewall related things. Touch wood it hasn't broken again next time I fancy playing since right now I just want to take a walk.

I have tried every solution give on Reddit, Discord, and on this forum. I even rolled back my PC to a date when the game worked, still wont load. I am not a computer whiz and do not feel comfortable fiddling so much to make a game work. The Crash reporter is not working either.
Paradox Crash Report crashed.jpg