• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ConnachtTheWolf

Recruit
30 Badges
Jun 2, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
So I'm playing CK2 and a crusade was called against my (Zoroastrian) religion in France. I joined up to help my fellow member of the faith, but when the Crusade started, I was unable to actually join the war and help them. As far as I know, I have no truces with any Catholics. I click the "offer to join war" button, but there's no option to join the crusade. What could have caused this? Is there any way to fix it? I don't want my religion's moral authority to tank because of this! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

How far west does your realm extend? (IE: Maybe you're out of diplomatic range? Are you able to send a gift to both the Pope and the defender?)

Are you currently participating in another war, in which the defender is participating on the opposite side? (Eg: You are secondary attacker in a war and he is secondary defender.)

Are you currently on the same side as the defender in another war, but as secondary participant? (I believe that, once you have joined another character's war(s) as a secondary participant, you cannot join any others. You have to win the war(s) you joined first.)