• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(41229)

Mississippi Valley Creole
Mar 11, 2005
Was this made by paradox? Are there a lot of people still playing it?

Diplomacy is a board game which has been around for about half a century. Paradox adapted it for the PC. It is a grand-strategy level game, with comparatively few and simple rules, in which the play is simultaneous, and therefore luck is minimized. Players may break their word to others, and therefore negotiation and communiocation is a vital part of the game. Take a look at some of the sticky threads and some of the demonstration game threads to learn more.

As David said this game is not made by Paradox, it is adapded to computer by them. The game is fun, but Paradox has made som things that have hurted the number of players. Those are easly to overcome by some simple actions. The number of players are very low but enugh to get games going. I would not be able to play more than I am, so if you get the game you can be guarranteed to play enough. As I see you are moving around in AARland too you could be interested in my AAR about Dippy.

EDIT: Almost forgot to say that the game is not any fun to play in SP. SP is more to learn the mechanics. It was never supposed to be a SP game.