• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Erik W

Field Marshal
53 Badges
Jul 30, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Part 1: Introduction

Over the last 17 years, Byzantium has broken free from and destroyed the Ottoman Empire, liberating the Balkans from muslim rule. But in 1853 AD, France declared war to try to stop Byzantine expansion. The plan backfires, France didn´t know about the newly signed Russo-Romano-German Alliance and World War One has started. In addition, shortly after the war started, Austria saw its chance for territorial expansion and declared war on France, though not on the side of Byzantium but its own side.
Now a year later, almost half of France is under siege, mostly by Byzantium and its balkan minions. Will France be able to turn this aroud or shall the mighty empire of Napoleon fall less then 50 years after its creation?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595849335374660297/0325F432AF14E083B5FE94500D689A19ACD353F1/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595849335374664005/A737201E9AA6102900DB49B48EED3F9477FEC2CF/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595849335374687857/DAAD26ECA29B5177CF896E50BDC39B039F157DB2/

Last edited:
I built up my army and had several wars with them, first liberating the Balkans and Iraq, then i conquered Anatolia, liberated Armenia and Georgia and at last I conquered Constantinople. Simple as that. Besides, its not THAT big.

Last edited:
Part 2: The end of World War 1

World War One has ended after almost five years of fighting, leaving France in shatters and lucky to have survived. Having lost more then half of its territory world wide to the Byzantines, it is no longer a major player in world affairs. The Byzantines hail their brilliant emperor and inspired by this, they are starting to look elsewhere for larger conquests, but for now, the world is at peace but as history have proven, there is never any long lasting peace in a roman world...

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595849335379252529/5937090BB8EF308B4117197072EA1E1C1039F97A/

Last edited:
Part 3: Reconquest and liberation

History repeats itself, after one year of peace and the dissolvement of the RRG Alliance, Byzantium heads to reclaim more land that has been lost for over 1000 years and decides to invade Egypt, partly because Egypt holds the major part of lost Byzantine lands but also because of that the orthodox Ethiopians are at risk of beeing swallowed by Egypt. The Byzantines does not stand alone in this war, other than its balkan minions, Spain and most of the italian states joins the war, forming the Mediterranean Military Union. Though Egypt has one ally, the african natives of Sokoto but they are on the far side of the Saharan Desert, meaning that they only are in war by words. Against this Egypt has little chance and can only hope of beeing spared by the Byzantines at the cost of a lot of land. Shall Egypt survive this war or will it crumble down completely at the hands of the Byzantines? Only time will tell...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595849335380345530/B29F2D569C560514B33E2315A40B6901D6F05B41/

Hmm so much prestige,industry and military by 1853?cheats

Part 4: Return of the Western Empire

After over a year of fighting Egypt, The Byzantines suddenly show an act of restraint by only demanding the middle easten and Libyan coasts for themselves and restoring all the former territories of Ethiopia. Angered by this, Spain exits the MMU, leaving Byzantium and its minions with only Italy left that had been unified during the war. When these news reach the Byzantines, they rejoice and party in the streets in believing the Western Roman Empire has been reborn. Now they form the Roman Confederacy together but the joy is cut short. Sitting inbetween the Roman Empires, Austria feels threatened and declares war on the Romans just 6 months after Egypt surrendered. But during the peace, the Byzantine emperor, Constantine X Palaiologos had time to reorganize the Byzantine armies into mighty modernized legions inspired by the legions of the past. Shall the Roman legions again march forward to glory and victory or shall they prove outdated and be crushed in the glare of modern warfare...?

(PS. I released the ottomans in Kaf just because I wanted to get Egypt out of Asia and didn´t want the province myself)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595849335387108627/C140B39FBA269AEDC383E61CB1F9463B2505C89D/

Last edited:
Hmm so much prestige,industry and military by 1853?cheats

Acutaully yes, i did cheat on the prestige but not on the industry and military, I just built and built and built them up over time

And to be precise, the image is from late 1854

Last edited:
Part 5: Victory...for now...

The new Byzantine Legions proved to be the ultimate fighting force of the war and made quick work of the Austrians, thus ending the war after just 5 months and dealt a crippling blow to Austria. Byzantium annexed the Austrian coastline, the Alps and the region of Slavonia, thereby restoring the Roman provinces of Dalmatia, Noricum and Pannonia Superior. Austria was devastated during the war, with its military largely gone and most of its infrastructure and factories destroyed, it will be a long road to recovery for the Empire. Right now the Byzantine attention turns to the northeast where Russia and Byzantium has been quarrelling and arguing about Byzantine territorial claims of the Black Sea for years and now there is a growing hostility between the two. Although Byzantium has proven itself powerful, Russia is over four times larger and has a reputation as "The sleeping bear waiting to wake up". Russia and Byzantium is heading for a showdown, to prove which one of the second and third Rome is the more powerful and the true successor of the old Roman Empire. Which one it will be only time will tell...

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595849335387841775/433E6352177B23E5C79BAACA5E0BCBB1DB8BA2D3/

In every picture he's not researching anything so he probably instant researched everything or gave Greece all starting technologies at the beginning of the game.

Okay then, i gave greece the starting tech but im not cheating otherwise, not in my wars, not in my industry, not in the military, not in my politics and certainly not in my trade.

Try to look on the wider story instead of the details, that way it will be more enjoyable

Part 6: CONTINENTAL WAR 1

The border conflict between Russia and the Byzantines has grown into a full scale war. But what neither party could have anticipated was that shortly after the declaration of war, all the major powers of Europe and their minions rose up and declared war on Russia, some to protect the Byzantines, some to retake lost land and the rest are just sick of Russian expansion. Persia also rises up against Russia but doesn´t go as far as declaring war, however they clearly support the Byzantines. Europe now forms the Anti-Russian Alliance and marches east, Russia calls on its minions but only Japan is the one that could make a difference in this war. Russia is big and powerful but with such a strong and unified western front, it is not a question of if but when the Anti-Russians will break through the borders. Though not World War 2, this is Continental War 1 and the outcome will determine the future of eastern Europe and indirectly, the world...

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595849335392265945/567389CBEB924C68EFEB8EE9848598367A3F56EA/

Okay then, i gave greece the starting tech but im not cheating otherwise, not in my wars, not in my industry, not in the military, not in my politics and certainly not in my trade.

Try to look on the wider story instead of the details, that way it will be more enjoyable

Thats enough cheating. Try to do it in the legit way and then make an AAR.