Ultimate Edition (Asset Packs/CCPs)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unoace1006

Sergeant
9 Badges
Oct 19, 2023
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Hello CO Team!

@co_avanya @co_martsu

As a UE buyer, I'm frustrated about the delays to the Expansion Pass content, but I understand the decision and why it was made.

Based on the updated timeline shared via Official Announcements as well as the Word of the Week, it sounds like the Beach Properties Asset Pack, which is developed by Colossal Order is on schedule to be released by the end of March alongside the Beta Editor patch. This is very exciting! Asset diversity would be really helpful.

I'm wondering if any light can be shed on why the Modern Architecture & Urban Promenades Content Creator Packs can't also be released alongside the Beach Properties Asset Pack? My understanding is that these Packs are developed by Content Creators and they were initially scheduled to be released in Q1 2024. If (and that's a big if) the Creators have completed the Assets, could they be released in March?

I only ask because I presume that the next patch after the Beta Editor (end of March), is likely to be an end of June patch to meet the Q2 deadline. To me that seems like a very long time to wait if it's not absolutely necessary. And more content for Ultimate Edition buyers would be an awesome gesture. The Bridges and Ports being pushed to end of June is understandable, but Content Creator Packs, less so.

Thank you in advance for any insight you can share.

• 3Like
Reactions:
As a UE buyer, I'd rather they concentrate on fixing the bugs riddled throughout the game. Content packs are no use to a broken game I don't want to play.

And more content for Ultimate Edition buyers would be an awesome gesture.

The state of the game, I think this should be more free content for ALL buyers, some form of apology gesture.. even EA with their simcity disaster offered a gesture in the form of a free game as an apology.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 011625.png

I'm not saying I would expect a free game, but a real apology would have been nice, lol.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
As a UE buyer, I'd rather they concentrate on fixing the bugs riddled throughout the game. Content packs are no use to a broken game I don't want to play.

The state of the game, I think this should be more free content for ALL buyers, some form of apology gesture.. even EA with their simcity disaster offered a gesture in the form of a free game as an apology.

View attachment 1081977

I'm not saying I would expect a free game, but a real apology would have been nice, lol.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s happening. They would’ve done it already.

And while I think they should focus on gameplay and performance improvements, adding DLC they’re not creating shouldn’t be a heavy lift. They’ve said that LODs and geometry are largely automated.

But I hear what you’re saying. Perhaps they should provide other content for free.

• 2Like
Reactions: