• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hjarg said:
Aye, i must be doing something wrong. No-one is disagreeing with me...

If it helps, i know more about the battle of Nile then you do! Most definately do! :D

Watch out, them's fightin' words in these hyere parts!

hjarg said:
Aye, i must be doing something wrong. No-one is disagreeing with me...

If it helps, i know more about the battle of Nile then you do! Most definately do! :D
I disagree :D

George LeS said:
Hjarg, don't you understand there are several tests every new thread must pass here? It is clearly established usage that in the EU3 forum, they must invoke:

A 3000 word post from me, proving you know nothing about the Battle of the Nile.

A protest from Mowers that, if the suggestion is implemented, no one will ever be able to play MP again.

An objection by Jinnai that, while it may make sense in Europe, it is totally inappropriate for Ternate.

A radical new idea by Mad King James, which none of us can understand, except for

Yakman, who insists that MKJ is terribly, terribly wrong.

Each of these must spur another 20 - 30 objections, until Mr T comes in, saying that (1) there MAY be a new Sibyline utterance at the next new moon, (2) this thread has been merged with the one urging we change the word "ducats" to "groschen", & (3) chiding us to be good boys & girls.

Look at what your post has spawned: "great idea", "I like it", "Yes!", & more of the same.

This is not the EUIII spirit.

Get with the program, man!
Priceless!

Hjarg, you may remember a beta suggestion of mine (EU2) of writing a dialog to allow simple manipulation of all the message settings, which have been categorized for simplicity. In addition to allow in game switching of message settings for SP and MP... I like your idea in addition. :)

I must admit, I subscribed to this thread from the beginning, and everytime I came back for an update, I just saw all these agreement and compliments! How surprising!
thumbsup.gif

...or maybe hjarg paid off everybody into submission...
shifty.gif

Jayavarman said:
I must admit, I subscribed to this thread from the beginning, and everytime I came back for an update, I just saw all these agreement and compliments! How surprising!
thumbsup.gif

shifty.gif

Well, I haven't seen my check yet. Is this grounds for a lawsuit?

Jayavarman said:

Nah, too expensive. I just used my forum aliases to agree with me.

PS! State, sorry, kinda drawing a blank there... Been years, was young and stupid (nowadays i'm not young anymore) etc etc.

hjarg said:
PS! State, sorry, kinda drawing a blank there... Been years, was young and stupid (nowadays i'm not young anymore) etc etc.
What are you crazy?

I'm old and decrepit - my memory is fading a lot quicker than yours... ;)

:)

State Machine said:
What are you crazy?

I'm old and decrepit - my memory is fading a lot quicker than yours... ;)

:)

Well, you remember, i don't. Meaning, my memory is much more worse then yours!

Hey, we actually got a meaningful argument here! Hmm, ok, an argument!

hjarg said:
Well, you remember, i don't. Meaning, my memory is much more worse then yours!

Hey, we actually got a meaningful argument here! Hmm, ok, an argument!
Yeah, that's the spirit.

Umm, EU2 is the best/worst game of all time. After all, in regards to information it gives us too much/not enough information. Damn the developers!

:D

Anyway, we will see what gets developed, but I think your ideas on information management (and a bit of my ideas as well) really are spot on to improve the gaming experience...

State Machine said:
Anyway, we will see what gets developed, but I think your ideas on information management (and a bit of my ideas as well) really are spot on to improve the gaming experience...

I truly hope so, after all our aim is to make EUIII the best game to complain about unhistorical things. :D